Chapter 42

"The heady atmosphere is still lingering inside Alex office. They tried to act normal but it's a pointless effort for both of them. Their passion towards each other escalates into a new level of intimacy. To break the silence, Alex decided to finished the day and head to the restaurant. Today they both realized their passion is getting intense, that it will going to happen  sooner rather than later.

Striding hand in hand the reach the lobby and stop at the front desk were the two women whispering each other. Looking dumbfounded at the couple who is standing infront of them specially their boss who had a menacing look he gave them. No words escape from their lips when they heard Alex fuming words.

"You two are fired, I'll give you a minute to get the hell away from my building. Next time you conspired to Katherine's bidding make sure to hide anywhere I couldn't find you. I'll know what goes around on my building, you choose the wrong side to messed up with.

The two cowering women hurriedly gather their things, they never thought they were be found out by their boss. They accept the bribe Katherine promised them just to let her know about their boss movements. Now they were out of job and they blamed themselves for being disloyal and greedy.

Cassie pitied the women, looking at Alex intimidating gait one should cower by those cold eyes alone. But not her, she's not in the least bothered seeing him showing his menacing persona. She knows it's only intended for his enemies, and even if his angry at her, he wouldn't hurt her. She is confident that Alex would never harm her deliberately.

Tugging his hand in Alex grasp, he give a scowl but Cassie just give him an eye roll and walk ahead towards the waiting car.

She heard a hurried steps catching her, before she could dash around Alex lifted her and carried her effortlessly. A surprise yelp coming out from her lips. Peeking behind Alex shoulder she could see people loitered in the lobby snapping their pictures.

" Oh Alexander", you just give them one hell of a show, she started to giggle enjoying herself immensely.

"Comfortable are we? Looking down at her tenderly.

"Shut up! You just give them a reason to talk about, why did you do that for?

For ignoring me I guess? So you would know what is going to happen next time you ditch me or maybe I could kiss you silly in front of all those people.

"Don't you dare do that, I would be embarass.

Not if you're going to be kissed by the most handsome and eligible bachelor in the world, he puffed.

They arrive at the" Amore" restaurant, the same one they dined before when they meet for the third time. Stepping out the car, Alex ushered her while holding her waist before they enter.

Arching  her brow she turn to Alex amusement dancing her eyes, clingy are we?

He just shrugged and whisper, I want to show to everybody that you are mine and he playfully  nip her ear.

She shuddered and struggle to hold her breath when a delicious sensation runs through her body.

Alex is pleased with her reaction, she always been receptive to his seduction.

She elbowed him, behave...you're too much to handle.

He just laugh at Cassie's breathy whisper.

"Finally the lovebirds are here...

Alice voice jolted Cassie's dazed appearance to where are they at, damn...Alexander always made her lose her composure. Surveying the the crowd, she is surprise that everybody has a bewildered look. She was embarrassed at Alicia's words.