Chapter 14

Oh!!.. My feet is killing me, Cassie slumped down the sofa. She cannot believe she let Alice dragged her from shop to shop, looking at the shopping bags sprawled in the floor.

Well it's worth it, when I see you tried those different dresses I feel like your fairy God Mother, joked Alice. You don't need a extreme make over though, just a few changes in your wardrobe and you're ready to rock New York.

Seriously? how can you not be tired with all those bags we carried and with you wearing those ridiculous high heels.

I'm used to it already, you know how I love shopping.

That's true, when they were in college, Alice sometimes went on shopping spree, and Cassie had no choice but to tag along with her.

How about we can stay here allday tomorrow, since it's Sunday. I don't know when Ethan's gonna be back, he went to a business trip so let's have a girl's free day, or maybe we can go to the spa and relax.

I think that's a good idea, I need a massage, my muscles are aching, I still have a jet lag. Looking at her watch, shucks!! I need to call Dad and aunt Maggie, you know how they are.

Go on, and freshen up!! Aunt Mary invited us to have dinner with them. I told her you're here and she's excited to see you.

After finishing her call, Cassie is ready to go, why you didn't tell me earlier aunt Mary invited us we could have bought something as a present.

Sorry I forgot, you know me sometimes, I'm a scatter brained. Don't worry, aunt Mary wouldn't even mind, our presence are most important than any presents.

Pressing the doorbell, Aunt Mary's smiling face welcome them. Girls, oh my, Cassie look at you! More beautiful than ever...she beamed giving Cassie a hug.

Pouting Alice interrupted their reunion, oh poor me...I'm already forgotten.

Squinting her eyes, Mary pinched Alice cheeks lightly, silly girl, come on give your aunt a hug.

Aunt Mary thank you for inviting me, if I'd known it earlier I could have brought something, Alice forgot to tell me...

It's okay dear,.you don't have to bring me anything, I invited you here because I wan't to see you. It's been a long time, I haven't visited Texas, look at you, all grown up. Come on you two to the dining room, let's continue our chat, the food is waiting.

Entering the dining room.. Ben, look who's here.

Well..well..well,, look at you ,you've grown into a beautiful you woman, giving also Cassie a hug. I'm sure Alfred and Maggie is so proud of you. Now come on sit down, while the food is warm.

The conversation continues, revolving their childhood and Texas.

That was delicious, my tummy is full, feels like I'm bursting Cassie stated..

That's what I love coming here, to enjoy aunt Mary's home cooked meal,, commented Alice.

Let's go the living room girls,, and have some tea..

I like your place aunt Mary, it's so modern and spacious, so cozy in here.

That's thanks to Alexander, looking at Cassie's confused face..Oh! dear, maybe you wonder who he is, he's our boss, he gifted this to us.

See..I've told you, winking at Cassie. Aunt Mary why is Alexander seldom stays here, he owns the penthouse right? I wished he lived here so I can see him all the time.

Stop that nonsense Alice, what happened to I love Ethan so much.

Aunt Mary you're like Cassie here, can a girl just admire that Greek God? she sighed dreamily. I don't know why people called him devil Alexander, though I'd meet him once, I can tell he's not that bad.

That's true, people have this misconception of Alexander being a bad guy, in business maybe? but for those who are close to him, and knows the real him, he's definitely a person worthy of loyalty.

Where is he anyway, Alice continued asking her aunt. You said you don't have to go to work because Alex gives you an off for a few days.

He's in Paris, he maybe back a day before Sunday.

Cassie had just an half ear listening to their conversation, her thoughts occupied again by a certain man. Why can't she just forget that jerk, a wishful thinking considering he always perched on the back of her mind.