Chapter 23

Kevin visited Alex in his office when he saw Mary exiting the elevator. It's already 5 o'clock so the employees would be finished their work by now. He called earlier to let Alexander know his coming over. It's been a week he didn't see Alex , they've been both very busy recently so he missed hanging out with his bestfriend. Alex and him are like brothers since they grew up together.  Even their parents are bestfriends too but sadly they're gone, but still...they remained very close. Kevin's parents treats Alexander like their own son too.

"Mary, Mary, why are you so pretty? If only you could spare me a glance, I would marry you one day.

Mary cannot help but burst in laughter, Kevin is ever a prankster. Everytime he visited Alex, he always spewing nonsensical qoutes on her.

Shut up young man, before I boxed you ears.

With a dramatic flare, Kevin continues,..

" oh!! poor me, what have I done to suffer from your cruelty.

Another bouts of laughter coming from Mary, she cannot help it, Kevin is just too dramatic.

After the laughter died Mary said, go on silly boy, I have enough of your silliness.

Is the Royal Highness still busy?

He had some few documents to sign I think?

I have to go now, you should cheer him up. He's been in a sour mood all day.

Bowing his head to Mary and said.. Au revior Mademoiselle.

She jus answered him with a tssked....while shaking her head and smiling.

Reaching Alex office, he just barged in with out knocking.

This startles Alexander, his face in contorted with a scowl, but before he can say something to his asshole of a bestfriend.

Kevin beat him already with his joke.

What's got your panty twist?

Seriously, are you for real?

I know it's lame, Mary doesn't care though, she laughed at my jokes, you should too.

You're trying to be hilarious which you are not..

So, you and Katherine huh!! You finally succumb to her evil ways.

Fuck off, if you don't want a bloody nose.

Are you done? I'm hungry already..

If you're not going to annoy me, I finish this quick.

Few minutes later Alex is done, he reach for his jacket and ready to go. Noticing Kevin still sitting in the chair scribbling something in a piece of paper, he poke his head.

Let' s go punk, why are you dawdling ? you said earlier you're hungry. Where are we going to eat anyway?

I think I'm in love, Kevin blurted out suddenly.

This made Alex stopped on his tracks and laugh, that was a good joke.

Seeing Kevin serious face he cannot help but ask.

Whose the unlucky girl? Did she know that you're a playboy and did't know the concept of love because you change women like you change your underwear?

There's a first time for everything if you found the right woman you know, Kevin spoke up candidly.

Alex became silent thinking about a particular woman, that if his going to let her enter his life, it's either going to be turn it upside down, or a fulfilling one. It's a gamble he cannot yet decide, either pursue or let go.

" The two became silent inside the car, they don't know both are thinking of the same woman.

Suddenly Alex asked, where did you meet this woman, and what was her name.?

I only know her as Cassie, I meet her at the club when I rescued her or tried when that bastard James Howard harassed her.

Alex thought, another Howard added to the list of people he's going to crushed. They are certainly a family, both nasty and evil..

If you see her, then you will know why I've fallen in love. She's so perfect, so beautiful, she look like a Goddess.

Sounds like you just fallen for her beauty only, what about her character.?

Listening to Kevin's words, he cannot help but questioned himself.

From the moment I laid my eyes on her, I know then, I'm in love. She's perfect with her imperfections. One look at her and I am hooked. Her beauty alone can melt anyone even someone with a coldest of heart.

When did you become a poet?

He cannot believed his bestfriend would spew such nonsense, he became a fool for a woman with out knowing her first.

Is it possible to fall in love to the person you just meet?. To Alex cynical heart, he wouldn't believe such a thing exist.

Then, what about his confusing feelings to Cassandra. Ever since he meet her, he wanted to posses her, is it just lust? or something more profound.

He doesn't want to delved deeper, it's not the feeling he wanted to prioritize now.