Chapter 35

The supposed to be the happiest day turns out a huge disappointment in the end because of that deplorable news which devastates Cassandra.

Alex is in foul mood after he learned about the stint the Howard family pulled in.

Dragging Cassie's name in their dirty mindless game just to to show him that they can beat him.

Fools,..If they think they can defeat him by spreading rumors using an innocent woman, that's their biggest mistake.

He wanted to lashed out to anybody that had caused Cassie's distraught appearance.

When he think of her dejected face earlier, his heart clenched, how he wanted to console her but he knows she needs time to sort out her feelings.

Alex understood Cassie's perspective about the issue, she's not familiar with the cruel media game. He blamed himself for causing her misery. Kevin warned him about the outcome of his negligence.

He underestimated his enemies moves and it is his fault he became complacent. But no more, he will show them what the devil can do to his enemies, he won't spare and give them mercy.

His face sneered in distaste, thinking the impending doom of his enemies, they resort to this dirty tricks just to outwit and discredit him.

There's a media speculation of Cassie's identity now, he had to be very careful, dragging her into this might have a consequences.

If his enemies know of his true relationship with her, they might used her against him. He doesn't want Cassie to be pawn in this cruel game of deceit, he cannot forgive himself if something bad happen to her .

Alex went back to his mansion, he wanted to stay in the penthouse to be near with Cassie but he had to control himself not to impose his presence were clearly she needs time for herself.

He respects her decision to be alone and give her time to think properly. Her father's words might have hurt her, she's a strong woman but she is also sensitive when it comes to the people she cared, of what they might think of her now.

Cassie became restless the whole night, she had a few hours of fitful sleep. Alice wanted to come over last night but she begs her to let her be alone first, she convinced her to come this morning.

Alice comes early just as Cassie roused from her bed, without knocking she enter her room.

I came here fast as soon as Ethan leaves for work, tell me what happened Cass, the whole thing. I'm curious as a cat seeing you and Alex in the news in a compromising situation, not the dinner thing and you know what I mean.. fired Alice.

Cassie regaled Alice the whole scenario of what happened in the bar that night with Alex.

So you mean, Alex blackmailed you for not telling me when I asked if something happened between you two the night you got drunk? How did he deduced that, oh that's the secret between you and him right?

Nothing happened that night, we just both surprised seeing again after bumping each other at the airport. We shared the elevator, and since I was drunk he assisted me and put me into bed after lecturing me getting drunk and late nights. He just kissed me goodnight and before he leaves he put some water and aspirin in my bedside. And oh.., I forgot he fired Jimmy for ogling me that night.

Hearing the tale from Cassie, Alice cannot help but laugh at Alexander's impudence. My...Alex has it bad for you Cass, clearly since the first day he already smitten by your beauty.

Are you not angry at me for lying to you?

Angry? No, disappointed maybe that you can't tell me anything. We don't have secrets before, but I know were you came from and understand your predicament, your feelings for Alex is still new to you. But at the same time I'm happy for you that you found a guy like him.

Uhm.. there's more, Alex and I are in relationship now.

Alice mouth hanged open..you mean.. how? when did it happened?

Yesterday, actually we went for our first date , we spent the whole day and we were so happy but it was ruined because of that horrible news.

Alex was here when Dad called me, he is so furious that he wanted me to go home, of course I refused and he's mad at me. I told Dad he was just my boss to pacify him a little.

Alex tried to comfort me but I told him I wanted to be alone. I felt miserable when I said those words, what might Alex think of me when in the first place I was the one who asked him to be my boyfriend.

Alice has an stupefied reaction, seriously Cass?

Oh my God! What have I done, instead of letting him comfort me I shutted him out, he even beg for me to let him in. I am such a selfish idiot only thinking of my own feelings not considering what Alexander might have felt.

Berating yourself won't solve your problem. I'll be honest with you Cass, I felt disappointed in you too. Clearly Alex cared for you a lot and even respected your wish to be alone, I'm sure he is helpless that he cannot give you comfort . You entered in this relationship knowing Alex status of being in the eyes of the media all the time. It's a normal occurrence for him to be targeted by the paparazzi, but for you who is not familiar...I'm sure he blames himself to dragged you into this mess. But I know Alex won't let this go, he would surely do something to those who spread the rumors.

Are you here to comfort me or chastise me for being a neglectful girlfriend, a friend you are. But sincerely thank you for pointing out my mistakes. You know I'm new to this relationship and certainly made some blunder, but all I want is to give this relationship a chance to work out.

So, my question is what are you going to do now?

I don't know yet, but one thing I'm sure of, I would never give up on Alexander.

I commend your decision Cass, oh...you finally found a guy worthy of you Cass, and soon who will pop your cherry.

Cassie give Alice a disgusted look, "seriously?

Don't give me that look, with a man like Alex surely you're dreaming or imagined the things he could do to your beautiful body.

You, and your gutter like mind.

Deny all you want, but I can see it in your face, you're blushing..

Oh my God!! Is that mean...?

Hell no, I mean.... we just kissed and cuddled, not more than that. Not yet anyway...his own words..not mine. He said I'm not ready and not wanted for me to have some regrets afterwards.

I'd admired Alexander more, oh Cass how lucky you are to found such a perfect man. He treats you with respect even I can see it in his eyes how he wanted to ravish you.

That's enough foul talking, how about let's go outside or in Sam's Café, I wanted some breakfast.