Chapter 34

The happy couple continued their date filled with so much fun. After touring the Statue of Liberty, they went next to nearby Ellis Island. Cassie is interested about the history of the early immigrants , so they visit the museum and spent sometime browsing some historical facts.

Cassie is slightly worried that Alex might be bored in the museum, so she told him that she had enough and ready to head back to the ferry,.

They still much have time to spend the day, so decided when the ferry is docked back in the harbor, they should do a picnic in Battery Park.

Alex never thought that he could enjoy so much the simple things ordinary people do, like just lazing around in the park observing the tranquility surrounded by nature. He felt at peace, maybe it doesn't matter if you spend so much money on finer things or just being ordinary, as long as you spend it with someone you love, that's what true happiness measured.

They found the perfect spot for picnic which a little secluded, far away from the prying eyes.  They could see  there are numbers of people in the park today, maybe because the weather is perfect for picnic and children playing along.

They choose to spread the blanket in the grassy land behind a big maple tree., Yes, they're lucky enough to find  small stalls that sells everything a picnic goers needed.

While Alex paid for the picnic blanket, Cassie went to the nearby stall to buy some snacks. She bought a can of soda and hotdog sandwiches for each of them.

I know you're used to eating in a gourmet restaurant, but I can assure that street foods are as good as it taste in those  renowned places.

Here, try this.. it's my favorite in Texas, I'm
glad I found similar food stall here.

Alex take a bite of his sandwich, he realized that what Cassie said is true, it's flavorful, you can taste the spiciness of the mustard as well as the sweetness of the tomato and onion.

Looking at Cassie's expectant face..

Well, what's the verdict..

It's simple yet delicious, I haven't tried that before..

You mean eating street foods.., sometimes, simple is better..

But there's nothing simple on you Mon Amour..

Flattery won't get you nowhere Mr...pretending to brushed off his compliments.

Is that a challenge? Because I thrived on challenges Mon Amour, and you're a  challenge  I'm going to conquer, and I  won't be defeated if the price is you.

Cassie has no comeback words to Alexander, in terms of bantering with him she always loss for words and blushed like a schoolgirl.

Finishing their food, their trip earlier take a toll on them..Alex leaned his back on the tree trunk while he told Cassie to lie down and put her head on his lap. He could see that Cassie is a bit exhausted.

Feeling shy, but Alex is persistent enough to convinced her, and so she did.

Looking at Cassie's flushed face he cannot help but noticed that there are some freckles dusted on her nose. It didn't blemished her beauty though, infact for him it made her beauty more prominent and not flawed.

This goddess whose  head  on his lap, is the one he imagined to be his wife someday. He didn't even have any hesitation to think that's too early for him to decide the most important aspect in his life,  which is marriage. He didn't balked in the idea to bind  himself to this amazing woman.

For him Cassie is the one whom he wanted to spend his life with. Her perfect beauty is just a bonus, what  he loves most about her is she's not a superficial kind of woman.