6.

It was an adventurous day for Sana. She never thought when she woke in morning that she will be experiencing something like this. Encounter with Sid was unprecedented, but it was a tantalizing one. It was her lunch time she was sitting with Mona in canteen and having her food from lunch box packed by her mom but her mind was filled with Sid and his words. She didn't expect him to be this fast in approaching her, she knew she was attracted to him, and it was a relief to know that he too felt the same. But just in a day to get the consent of there feelings felt very unusual to her.

"Do you know Sidesh sir before?" enquired Mona. "No, I just met him yesterday in the office but he has a common friend in my community and he came to meet him in evening and we saw each other when I was on a walk," she answered. "Oh so you both live in same city, that's good. He is a very good man, a gentleman, very helpful and thorough professional." Mona said. Sana smiled and blushed to hear praises of his man, she felt proud of him... wait... 'His Man' where did that come from... Sana keep your emotions on hold, she told herself. But, somehow she felt a connection with him an instant attachment, especially when he held her hand and asked her for the drive back home. She could see his eagerness to spend time with her. She also wanted the same, to know him more but could not understand if this is what everyone called 'Love' is?

It was 5pm and she took her purse and lunch bag and walked towards the parking lot feeling frenzy, thrilled. This is something she is doing for the first time, and she felt scared... but excited, all feelings were mixed together. She had this doubt if she is doing it right, sitting in someone's car without informing her parents? "I hope I will not get caught be someone, hey Prabhu bacha lena", she blabbered to herself. She saw a blue color Tata Safari coming towards her, it stopped next to her, she couldn't see anything through the tinted glasses.. it had total black windows, which rolled down and she saw smiling Sid in the drivers seat gesturing her to come inside.

She sat inside and cool ac air hit her face. "Put your seatbelt" Sid told her. She kept her bags in her feet and did as instructed. "Nice car, I love the color," she said. "Thanks, do you want to go and grab a coffee somewhere and we can talk there?" he asked. Nervously she said, "No.. No.. I have to be at home by 6:15 that's when the bus drops us.. If I go late than that amma appa will question me. What will I say that I didn't come home by bus... but my VP dropped me!" she was talking non stop without a pause, making all dramatic faces, making Sid laugh and transfixed to her face.

"Aap has rahe hain, I am serious. My family is very strict, if my anna even see me talking to a boy he will put a enquiry on me like.. police waley type enquiry, until it's a boy approved and investigated by him." She paused, realizing that they are still in the parking lot and he has not moved the car. "Aap yahin kade rehenge? Chaliye na.." "Hmm..." he could just say that to all the chatty Sana he is seeing.

Sana turned and looked him and was awestruck, Oh boy! he was something to drool on. The musk perfume lingering in the air, the black aviator glasses in sharp nose, messy thick long hair and that jaw line to die for. She moved down to his muscular arms one holding the gear and one in the steering. She was engrossed in him, when he said, "Like what you see?" with a chuckle, and then that hypnotizing smile. She thought she was gone for real, there is no coming back.

"Hmmm... yes," she abruptly said then realized what she said and bit her tongue looking out the window all red. "Happy to know that I am not the only one fascinated" he cracked up laughing which filled her heart with content. Then an eerie silence filled up the car, Sid switched on the radio in low volume which somehow helped her to control her rushing emotions. "Sana, you know right why I asked for your time with me?" he questioned her with soft mellow voice. She did not know what to say and bit her lower lip and looked at him. He glanced her lips and looked other side and his Adam's apple in throat moved up and down. He was driving very slow, she could see all the car's overtaking them.

"To know each other, I guess", she gently said. "Yes, tell me about yourself, your friends, family, school, college.. anything," he asked. "Okay, par bahut time lagega.. pehle hi bol dethi huin, then don't regret why I asked." She lightened the mood shifting her body towards him. She had this quality in her to make the environment light and jovial, quiet opposite to Sid, who had always been serious and focused.

She had been an introvert and shy person in public or with new person but with family and friends she was just the opposite, she would be the center of attention, full of energy, cracking jokes, stories and non-stop talking. She felt the same comfort with Sid, he didn't felt like a stranger to her. Though there were new feelings creeping in her body, like she was blushing a lot, her cheeks were hot, rapid heartbeat and sensations in stomach when he is around her.

"Just kidding, long story short, my father Mr. Balasubramaniam Iyer urf  Bala Appa is a bank officer, my mother Seetha Lakshmi Iyer urf  Seethu Amma is a house wife, my brother Subramaniam Iyer urf  Subbu Anna who is 4 years elder to me and behaves like a Hitler, works in an IT firm in Delhi.. a normal middle class South Indian traditional family. We are from Chennai basically, but I have grown here in Ghaziabad from my fifth year and living in the same community since then." She said without taking a break with all actions, hand moving and dancing with a satisfying and proud smile.

"Interesting.." Sid said absorbing all the information she said and admiring her beautiful antics simultaneously trying hard to not get distracted.

"What about you, Sid?" She asked looking at him. "I live with my mother here, I have a sister who is married and settled in Kanpur. I lost my father when I was 19, he had an heart attack!" he sighed with a sadness in his voice. Sana touched his arm and caressed it giving him the strength he needed the most at that time. "I am sorry for your loss Sid," she genuinely said with a sad voice. "I miss him a lot Sana, I never get emotional like this, but I can't hide my emotions in front of you! I don't know why! I had the responsibility of my mother and sister when I was least expecting..." he crackled. "I am not complaining, please don't take me wrong." He said looking at her.

"No.. no.. not at all Sid.. I am not in fact I am so proud of you. At that young age I couldn't imagine to collect myself and take the families responsibilities but how efficiently you have fulfilled it. I respect your dedication and sacrifices you have done is unimaginable," She said giving him the assurance. He nodded, took his glasses off, they were about to reach her community. How fast time had gone, he thought, which otherwise would had been a grueling drive back home. 

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you are liking the story, please click the star icon and vote. Also please comment, it really motivates me to write. Car talk will continue in next chapter too... ❤❤❤