35.

Sid picked her up and made her sit in the cement slab which was fencing the water tanks in the terrace. She was in her night suit pajamas, light as feather and gorgeous in the moon light. She reached his eye level and he held her from waist holding tight and she circled her arms in his shoulder, foreheads touching each others. 

"Sab teek ho jayega na Sid" she asked flustered.

"Pata nahi, I hope so.." he said. Both of them in dilemma, thinking the distress the life will bring for their togetherness. He kissed her again, pressing her close to his chest, devouring her presence, not wanting to leave her, to keep her close, taking in each moment to keep in his disturbed heart soothe..

Sana's phone beeped, she parted from him and took her mobile out of her pant pocket to see the text from Monty. She had asked her to keep an eye for her before she planned to come up the terrace. 

Monty Di

Sana jaldi aaja 

"We should leave, Di is texting me to come down..." jumping down she said feeling timorous. 

"You go first then I will go down and keep low when you walk out." she requested. 

He hugged her again and said, "Kal aa jaana. I will wait for you... or else I will come here and take you with me. I am telling you, I will do it!"

"No... No... No... I will try for sure, please shant ho jao... aur tum aisa kuch nahi karoge.. trust me please yaar..." she said flurried giving him the assurance, peeking his lips. 

"Keep me posted..." without another word he left the place stepping down unobtrusive.

Sana also came down to see Monty standing in front of her house door.

"Love birds mil liye? yaar tum dono fevicol ka majboot jhod ho gaye ho.. just few hours before you guys met, what happened in between?" She asked taunting Sana, who sat down in the stairs asking her to sit as well. 

"I am tired Di... it's been a long day." Sana said leaning down her head in Di's shoulder. 

"Go and sleep na bacha..." she said tapping Sana's face lightly.

"Appa is not sending me work from tomorrow... when I told this to Sid he got tensed and he just showed up... Main tak gayi di.. Kaise samjau Appa ko?" feebly she opened up her perturbed heart to her soul sister, the one who listens to her without judging her, without restricting her... Friendship is the most noble of all relations, which comprises of the sweetness of all other relations but is often stronger than even the closest blood relations.

"Itne main tak gayi? Abhi toh pata nahi kya kya jhelna aur dekhna hain.. This is just the beginning my dear Sanu..." Monty said.

"Nahi aur nahi.. bas hogaya mera, I cannot take this much stress... I never thought I would face so much consequences for loving someone! I don't know why he cannot accept this fact that I love him and I will be happy with him... I thought parents always kept their kids happiness above everything... but he is more concerned about relatives? Log kya sochenge? like really?? He is my idol, I wanted my husband to be like him, and Sid is... but thank God he doesn't have this backward thinking of what people will think like Appa. I want everyone Di.. I want my parents, I want my Anna, I want my Daadi, my Uncles, aunts, cousins, my whole people when I am going to be in Sid's world. I can't choose between them and him... both are important to me, Di. I cannot survive without them all.." she whimpered keeping her palms covering her face. Monty was just listening and wanted to comfort her but she lacked words to give her any relaxation. 

"Now another siyappa, Appa stopping me from going to work. I am going to be permanent tomorrow Di.. I love going to work, I want to study more, do my Masters and be in a good managerial position... I have an ambition... Sid is supporting me and motivating me for this. He also got me the application form from IMT... and here my own Appa is adamant to marry me to a stranger and spoil my whole life... Why? For his so called Prestige.. Unka prestige unka? Mera gaya tel lene!! Hypocrite" Sana vexed out all her thoughts. 

"I am sorry, but I am not comparing my Appa with Sid, I love my Father but I had high expectations from him..."  She again started to cry, tears dropping down her cheeks. "I hate to cry, I have always been a positive, happy person, mereko yeh tension stress bilkul acha nahi lagta, you know me, my body gets painful, sab jagah dard hota hain...aaahhhhhhh..."she yowled rubbing her face. 

Unexpectedly they heard front door of Sana's flat opening., "Sana... what are you doing here?" It was Subbu.

"Nothing, I am crying thinking about my fate, my opiniated family who are so stubborn to make my life hell... Bas pata chal gaya!! Happy jao aur so jao... sleep well and have sweet dreams Anna" she scowled out hurtful words to her brother who was astonished to see this side of her sister who always was chirpy, fun and innocent. 

"Have you gone mad? You are accusing us, your family who have been with you for 21 years, for that new relation you have developed. Where are you getting this attitude from? From him? When you were with us you never acted the way you are right now... Is this a good influence?" he replied back his thoughts.

"Oh please Subbu... stop it. I wonder you are his own brother! She is in a panic situation due to which she is saying all this to you, but rather being empathetic you are scolding her and doubting her?  Hadd hain sahi main!! She has been tying Rakhi to you for a promise to protect her, to have a loving attachment to her, but you are always dictating and finding fault in her. How is this fair? Can I ask where are you getting this attitude from?" Monty argued with Subbu representing Sana, making her more emotional. 

He kept quiet, thought of what Monty said which made a little sense, he has never been polite to Sana and always have been strict to her, maybe because of the responsibility of being a big brother. He had never been a friend or a confidant to her. "What do you want me to do then? Agree with what she wants and allow her to marry that guy?" 

"He is not 'That Guy' he is Sidesh.. he has a name mind you Anna. You saw him today, then tell me from your scrutinizing critic eye what fault did you find in him? Haan.. can you point out some? And please for God's sake don't castigate him for not being a Tamil Brahmin but a Hindi Brahmin. Is it his fault that he was born in a different geographical part of India as Brahmin?" 

Subbu had nothing to counter talk to his sister. She was right, he couldn't find any point to reject him or chastise him. He is a perfect man, good looks, well educated, financially stable, highly positioned, decent, well mannered, loving family... what is there to criticize him.

"There is nothing to criticize, he is perfect. But I don't know if he is perfect for our family Sana" he said much calmer with a subdued demeanor. 

"Can you guarantee that the person Appa chooses for me will be perfect for this family, just because he will be of our caste, will make him best for our family? What about me, will he Love me, give me respect, understand and care for me like Sid does? will he respect our family Anna can you promise me that?" she questioned him. 

Again he had no answer, how can he promise that. He has seen lot of examples in their relative with a dominating partner destroying life of their respective partners. "I cannot" he said realizing Sana's point.

"Subbu, as a brother support her, stand with her. Don't be a tail to your father. Put your voice out to him. You know what is best for her now, right? Be a reinforcing brother to her. Bhaiya mere rakhi ke badhan ko nibhaney ka waqt aa gaya hain... Waise bhi Rakhi is next week. Show her that you mean the promise, will you?" Monty said to Subbu, who nodded. She stood up and pulled Sana up "Now go and sleep Sana, you are very tired. Sab teek ho jayega.. Your mother and I hope Subbu also is with you.. Appa bhi samj jayenge. Keep that positivity in you.. teek hain?" she patted Sana on her shoulders and pushed her to Subbu who held her and hugged her tight. 

"Sorry Sana, I didn't know I have hurt you this much. I will be with you I promise that with all your decisions... Okay?" he said.

Sana couldn't believe his words she felt half battle won already. She found a light in the darkness. She felt confident to balance the light and the dark, and know that the darkness does not have to overpower everything in your life.  She felt to persevere that is favorable and not grieve about coming time challenges. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Please Vote and comment, I would love if all readers can comment, It feels good to read the comments and suggestion and also motivates me to make all of you happy by posting the chapters daily. ❤❤❤