32.

"Actually I think the success of a relationship depends on the extent to which partners share similar values, beliefs and goals about their relationship. How they support each other in achieving personal goals; foster relationship commitment, trust and resolve problems in constructive ways. These factors have little do with age. While an age gap may bring about some challenges for couples, so long as couples work at their relationship, age should be no barrier. Haina... Appa? Appa and Amma are perfect example for that, they are the most compatible, satisfied couple I have ever seen.. the trust and commitment they show cannot be found in any of my relatives that I have known of... what do you say Anna, do you agree with me?" Sana jumped in supporting Sid as she knows how much of complex he has with this factor. She honestly wanted to let everyone know her thoughts and stop judging him for this age gap! She smartly questioned her father and brother before they can put Sid in limelight and take this point to reject him. She was so happy and proud when Sid was telling them about his accomplishments, but the question put forth to him made her sour and she couldn't hold her thoughts about this evolutionary phenomenon!

"Ya ya.. I agree with Sana, Me and Seetha have 10 years difference and we are very happy, that is not an issue at all" Appa said getting awkward of how Sana was already supporting Sid in front of everyone without any hesitation and limitation. 

"Yes.. but 14 years of difference looks like a big gap!" Subbu said with a concern looking at Appa.

"It's 13, Anna.. I will turn 22 on January just 4 more months to go...If that is the case what are your thoughts about our grandparents age gap?" Sana said with élan and certainty putting Subbu in shock seeing his resilient sister. 

Sid and his family were astonished, flabbergasted of how boldly Sana was supporting and clearing Sid's stance in front of her family. How brazenly she stood up for him. They were completely stupefied and this instilled a new respect for her. 

Sana's mom came in with coffee and Sana's Mami just behind her with Pakoda and Kesari (Sooji Halwa with saffron) served in individual plates for everyone in tray and asked Sana to offer them. 

"Bhabhi aap bhi hamare saaath betiye, you should also know everything about Sid and us" Sid's mom requested Sana's mom seeing her getting busy in hospitality.

"Haan bas coffee hi bana rahi thi..aap lijiye na... I have made lunch as well... aap..." before could finish her sentence she got interrupted by Sid's mom. 

"Arre.. please don't trouble yourself. Come sit here with me... Sid get up and sit somewhere else I will not allow Bhabhi ji out of my sight now." She grabbed Sana's mom arms and made her sit near her, who was blushing seeing so much concern from a stranger, which she rarely found with someone else, who didn't seemed like one at that moment. She found a friend in her.. and she liked her a lot, her lively, positive persona. 

Sid stood up immediately to give her place to sit and he was offered to sit in the dinning chair Sana's mama was sitting and mama went out to get office chair from Subbu's room. 

"Humme aapki beti bahut pyaari lagthi hain, she has become out daughter just in few days. Humare dil main bas gayi hain! We came here to ask her for my son, they like each other and we as parents would want them to be happy, isn't? " Sid's mom came to point stating her heart's wish to both Sana's father and mother and proposed the alliance for which they have come here. 

"Sana told us about her liking as well, Bhabhi ji, but we are very orthodox people. In our family we don't encourage love marriages, we as parents find the life partner for our kids, in our religion and caste since so many generations and years we follow this. This inter-cast marriage system... we object that, my brother and my mother back in Chennai won't accept it and they might disown us as well. I am sorry, but this is off limits for us!" Sana's father stated his concern, his thoughts clearly in front of them.