38.

Sana was shocked with what was happening outside, why was Amma tensed and why did she aske her not to react? But it can only be solved when she comes face to face with the situation.

Subbu came in and sat near her, held her hand and said, "Sana, Appa has invited a Boy's family to see you with a marriage proposal."

"WHAT???" Sana in shock yelled at him, eyes wide open puzzled.

"He is just a prospective boy, not fixed or anything, now listen, he has asked me to bring you there.. I am with you with whatever decision you make. I am on your side... Okay... No one, I say, no one can force you to do anything. Just come with me.. Take some time if you want..." he said very contained, not to stress Sana out.

But she was aghast, appalled, offended by what her Appa has done behind her back. He just broke her trust... deceived her... her Appa... her Hero... her superstar... just broke her heart... How can he do that?? She want to forsake him, run from this situation to Sid's arm and never come back to him. She didn't cry, she was in shock, eyes dry, wide open, eye balls moving rapidly to take an impulsive decision with how to escape from her Home!!! Her home... Which didn't felt like hers right now... Even with other family members with her, he had a special place in her heart... Her Father!!

She loves her father, the relationship she had with him is simply magical! A special bond where she saw him as a strongest man of the family, a protective guide for her, to make her strong and courageous women. He is the one who let her do all the things her heart wants and pamper her like a princess. She couldn't believe he could hurt her like this. She started to have self doubt about herself... did she do something that bad that he had to secretly fix the meeting without even letting his wife or son know? Why? what must have happened since Monday that he did this?  She wanted to know! She didn't want to run.. elude from this situation. She will face it and ask him.. The answers to her WHY's? to her WHAT's? Umpteen theories running in her mind.

"Sana... tere saath koi jabarzasti nahi kar saktha, bas unke liye aa ja aur baad main mana kar diyoo..I don't know what he wants to prove with doing this stunt!!" Subbu heaved, getting irritated.

After spending good 10 minutes to her self talk, Sana took a deep breath in and prepared herself for the show, calming her heart, making her mind strong. As his father say, she is the prestige of the family and she will keep up for his dignity and respect and not taint his image which he values the most... "This shall also pass Sana" she told herself.

Sana walked inside the living room with Subbu and Mami, her eyes looking down, expressionless. Her eyes darted up when she heard her Father's voice, "Sana, he is Hari... Hari Narayanan... Hari she is my daughter Sanaya."

She didn't look at him, but to her Appa first on her left.. with a questioning eyes.. He was not able to meet her eyes, a guilt very evident in that. She looked down again and folded her palms for a namastey and looked in front at the boy her father has chosen for her.

He was sitting in the three seater sofa with his parents, just where Sid was sitting. It pinched her heart, just a week back she was so happy and excited but what a change of scene, you don't realize what life unfolds to one, elation once can turn to sadness the next moment.

"Hello Sanaya, nice to meet you" he said.

Sana wanted to say, 'I can't say the same..' but she didn't she just gave a faint smile just moving her lips a bit up. Keeping herself calm and not to react with the frustration she had inside her.

He was a good looking man, tall, fair, had glasses and seemed decent.

"Sanaya, I am Hari's mother and this is his Dad" the lady in Yellow silk saree sitting next to the boy said, Sana again just folded her palms and greeted a namastey.