20.

Next morning was busy for Sana and Subbu, without parents around them, kids tend to take parents roles and become responsible doing their chores in their absence and both Sana and Subbu were doing exactly that. Subbu was doing what his dad would have done, watering the plants, feeding street dogs, dusting the house. Sana was busy in kitchen making breakfast and packing lunch boxes for both, doing dishes, which otherwise her mom would have done. She made a simple breakfast mix veg Upma and Chai and called Subbu anna to have that in dinning table.

She had already taken shower and was ready to go to work after breakfast when her brother joined in.

"Anna, aap Diya jaala dena and give the house keys to Monty di when you leave to work. When will you be back in the evening?" Sana asked stuffing the food in the mouth.

"I will try to come early, you come at 6 right?" he asked. "Yup" looking down the phone Sana replied.

"Don't you think you are hooked to your phone a lot lately?" inquiring he asked.

"Haan tho, I have so many friends and followers... I am world famous you know... not like you gusaat, always serious and critical... have some life anna! Make a girlfriend waise bhi you look old and bald, better do it now or kunwara hi maarna padega!" Sana said teasing him.

"Acha toh ab tu batayegi life and fun ke baare main!! Jayada nahi bol rahi tu... budhi hogi tu..." they continued there sibling banter except that their parents were missed to stop them.

Sana left home on her usual time to find Sid missing in his usual spot! That was rare! She was wondering why he has not texted her since morning neither did he reply to her good morning messages. That was very unusual of him, and lately he had been very prompt in responding her. She called him this time waiting in the spot and he did pick up after few rings. "Hello..." he said picking up the call with a very heavy and stiff voice. "Kya hua? Are you not well Sid?" Sana asked worried. 

"Yaa... I don't know I think I am having fever. Time kya ho raha hain, I think maine alarm neend main hi band kar di" he replied feebly and in a thick voice. 

"It is 7:25 am now... I think you should take some medicine or better go see a doctor" she said worried.

"What the hell!! How did I sleep so much, Maa ne bhi nahi utaya.. tu kahan hain.. I will come now, wait.. Sorry Jaan tu wait kar rahi mera? Shit shit shit!!!" He said perturbed. 

"Sid.. Sid... listen to me first... I am taking a cab, you should rest, take meds and take your day off... Understand?" Sana said in a stern voice. 

"No yaar.. its been so many days I have not seen you, please Sana" he requested

"Tumhe meri kasam Sid, you have to take rest you sound so weak, yeh late tak utte rehne ka result hain... If you get better by evening we will make some plans to see each other, okay" she plead him. 

"Ab yeh kasam wasam main nahi manta... what is this stupidity Sana?" he said frustrated. 

"Ab aisa hi hain, you have to listen to me and see we are talking na Sid.. ab please tum jao aur pehle fever reducing medicine khaoo if that doesn't work go and see a doctor." she asked him softly this time. But she was disturbed, she missed him and had thought to spend the morning drive with him, which is disquieted now. How universe conspires, we think do do some and actually something else happens. 

She reached company talking with him whole time, he did take medicine and also ate bread before that  like she instructed. He laid in bed and was almost asleep when she kept down the phone. 

The day seemed long, never ending for Sana, he was gloomy all day and just concentrated on work and completed all the pending work. She messaged Sid during her lunch time but he didn't saw or replied back the message, maybe he was sleeping. She was worried and concerned for his well being but could only pray for his fast recovery. 

It was evening and time to end her shift, he checked her phone for any reply from Sid but he did not even see the message, this disturbed her to next level. She booked the cab and headed towards her home, she was edgy and afraid thinking about him. Tears welled up her eyes, her mental state was already spooked with Nani's demise, distance from Sid and now his fever was frightening her to death. 

She thought of calling him and disturb him even if he is sleeping! He did not pick the call and that was the last nail for her disturbed mind. She asked the driver to turn towards Sid home as this suspense was killing her soul and she didn't mind what his mother might think or what people might think, for her right now Sid was priority and she would go any lengths to know about his well being. She was familiar of his house and also that his mother know about them though they never met or even talked to each other. 

She reached his house opened the front gate with twitching stomach and rapid heartbeat, this was the first time she was going to enter his house. The house was huge from outside, a small garden in the front left side with different colored roses potted, it looked beautiful. His car was parked on the right in a passage which went to a side door, she could see a bike too there, she didn't know he had a bike as well. There were two outdoor sitting chairs kept in the entrance porch. She removed her sandals and with trembling hands she pushed the bell near the front door. 

An elderly women with white long hair, slim, dressed in peach color churidar, opened the door and gave a shocked look seeing her. "Sana? You are Sana right?" she asked starled.

"Huh.. Yes.. I am Sana" tensed Sana replied. 

"Oh My goodness, kitni pyaari hain bacha tu? sooo beautiful in real.. come here give me a hug" Sid's mom pulled her and hugged her tightly. Sana felt overwhelmed, she didn't expected that, she got emotional and hugged her back, she was missing her mom and Sid's mom gave her mom vibes and much needed comfort she craved for at that moment. 

"Arre why are you crying bacha? come come inside..." mom asked her to step in the living room. Sana wiped her tears and stepped in, "Woh actually how is Sid? Is he okay, he was having fever and he didn't answered my calls or messaged me, so I got worried, that's why I came here to know if he is doing well," Sana asked in one breathe worried holding Sid's mom hand who gave her positive vibes and she felt comfortable around her contrary of the assumption she had about her. She kept her purse and lunch box at sofa and felt drained mentally. 

"Haan haan samaj gayi, saans le le bacha, wait I will get water, drink it, you look so exhausted." caressing Sana's head, still holding her hand she walked towards kitchen to get cold water from fridge. "Sid has been sleeping almost whole day today, he still has a little temperature, I gave him kichdi and medicine afternoon. He is a baby when he gets sick, need pampering and all attention and if he rest's well he usually gets better soon. Come I will take you to his room," mom said giving much relief to Sana. His mom looked like a strong women and Sana realized that she has to learn to be invincible like her. 

His room was on the far end of the house and it was dark when his mom opened the room. She called him softly and switched on the light. "Sid... beta.. get up.. see who is here!" 

Sid twitched his eyes, he looked so sick and tired and that again made Sana emotional. 

"Sana... " he could just say that hoarsely with a sore throaty voice when he tried to get up.

"Lete raho Sid, how are you feeling now?" Sana asked with a shaky voice. 

Sid had a smile seeing her in front of him at his home with his mom. He thought he was dreaming but when he listened to her voice he realized it was real and she was standing next to him in his room! His sickness going away and suddenly he felt alive again. 

"I think I am feeling much better now seeing you here," he said with a smile. "Sit" he asked her gestured to sit in his bed corner on his left side. 

"I am so happy to see you Sana finally, Sid se toh keh keh kar thak gayi to introduce you to me. Chalo atleast iske bimar hone ka kuch toh fayda hua," admiring Sana and caressing her hair again his mom said. Her face showed how delighted she was to meet Sana and how happy she was to see Sana worried for Sid and without any hesitation came home to just enquire if he was fine. She was in awe of Sana and happy for Sid to have chosen a girl for him who loved and cared for him like she does.

________________________________________________________________________________

Please vote and comment, I love your comments it just make me so happy, love you all for liking this story do much ❤❤❤