49.

Sana and Sid were in deep slumber in the car when they reached his house. Driver called them thrice but both of them didn't move a limb to his calls. He even honked the car to catch the attention, but they just flinched and moved closer to each other and dozed again. He finally walked out to call the crowd who was waiting in the entrance for Griha Pravesh (Home coming ceremony) of the newly married couple.

Maa opened the door and had a smile in her visage to see the adorable sleeping son and daughter-in- law. She called Kajal and asked her to click a photo of them in that posture, to show them later what they did on their Griha Pravesh day. Kajal did as told laughing and shook Sana and Sid and called them as loudly as she can, "Sid.. Sana.. Utooo.." They woke up finally, Sana embarrassed parted with Sid instantly when she saw a crowd of his relatives laughing and making fun of them.

"Aaoo tum dono bahar.. andar jaa ke so jana thodi der" Maa said smiling and giggling.

Sid was looking like a South Indian groom dashing like an hero, with traditional Vesthi (Lungi) and Silk shirt and Sana was wearing a cream color with gold border Kerala silk saree gifted by her eldest Mama and Mami who came from Kerala to attend the marriage. Sana was looking gorgeous, with Vermillion and maang tikka in her parted braided hair, Jasmine flower around it, red bindi, and her yellow Tamil style Managalsutra thread called Thali visible outside with her other jewelry she had worn, she was looking magnificently gorgeous even with sleepy smudged kohl eyes and frazzled hair.

 Sana was looking gorgeous, with Vermillion and maang tikka in her parted braided hair, Jasmine flower around it, red bindi, and her yellow Tamil style Managalsutra thread called Thali visible outside with her other jewelry she had worn, she was l...

At the threshold, Maa took their aarthi, applied tikka and both of them with a big smile and water filled eyes

At the threshold, Maa took their aarthi, applied tikka and both of them with a big smile and water filled eyes. Sana and Sid bend down to take her blessings. "Khush raho dono.. Sana you have been in this house before but today with this Griha Pravesh we welcome you from the bottom of our heart and accept you as an integral part of our family."

Sana hugged her tightly and said, "Thank you Maa"

"Aaja Bacha, you have to push this Kalash now, it is filled with rice, from your right leg. This symbolizes you are letting in prosperity, wealth and good luck within the household. Tu ab hamare Ghar ki Lakshmi hain." Maa said, to which Sana looked at Sid who was so proud of her mom and Sana. She toppled it with her right foot while entering the home. She also was asked to enter the home using her right leg first, as it is considered propitious. Both Sana and Sid entered together holding their hand. Then Maa asked to dip her feet in water containing vermillion powder. This way she will leave behind auspicious red footprints across the home as she walks signifying that the Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity. Sid held he hands gripping tight all the while.