28.

Exhausted... worn... weak... that was how Sana was feeling at that moment. Not physically but mentally drained. She usually never close her bedroom door, but she did today after grueling moment with her parents, for some privacy. She somehow fathom them and knew this would happen but in her thoughts, reality was cruel! Never in her 21 years has she seen her house so riotous, her mom was still yelling, her brother was arguing with Appa and her father seemed to be dubitable, quiet, silent which was uncanny.

She called Sid and he didn't pick the call. Tears flowed down her cheeks, nothing seemed right that moment, she wailed doubting herself, was her parents right, did she do something that atrocious? So many of her friends love, even Monty di said that loving someone is legitimate.. Can religion stop someone falling in love? Is there a law written somewhere that Tamil Brahmin born girl cannot love a different human being who is of different caste?

"Where are you Sid?" she screamed inside. Just then her phone ringed and it was him, SS🚘

Just his name popping in the screen gave her anguished heart a comfort, she did no wrong loving him, she told her heart and picked the call much calmer compared to a while ago.

"Hellooo... Sana... sorry main bathroom main tha.. kya hua bola tunne?..."

"Sana... hellooo.. are you there?" he asked again disturbed, worried for Sana who always was mirthful in the phone and but was unnerving silent right now.

"Sid... I told them and...and..." she paused. "And what?" he pondered.

"They are very upset... Amma is accusing me to have taint there image and how she will face the society! Appa is also very serious.... Sid... he is very quiet... just like silence before the storm..." she said pouring out each and every detail to him, what she felt, her state, her feeling.. everything to him. Who else will she express that, it's him and only him for her the one she loves, the soulmate.

"Appa wants to meet you Sid tomorrow at noon.. mujhe bahut darr lag raha hain. He said tumse milke decide karenge! Kya decide karenge Sid? Mujhe kuch samaj nahi aa raha.." she said biting her nails sitting up straight in her bed, feeling much relaxed sharing each and every concern to Sid, somehow feeling that he will solve everything for her.

"Tu tension mat le, relax, and be calm... you must be feeling hungry now, go and find some junk to eat and I will come tomorrow to meet him. Don't worry. Bata diya na, main part over rest we will see.." he said pacifying her.

"Haww.. how do you know that I am hungry and craving for junk?" she surprised asked him as whenever she gets stressed she eats junk.. sweet.. chocolate.. chips.. namkeen.. all junk items you can name of. She always wondered if she is the only unique person who gets ravenous when she gets anxious.

"Ab teen mahine main itna toh jaan chuka huin tere baare main, meri Jaan" he said with a smile thinking how easy it is to change his sweethearts mood. How a baby she can be!

"You are not tensed for tomorrow? what might he ask? what are you going to say? Hayee meri toh saans hi atak rahi hain.." Sana said making all the expressions while talking to him, frowning and pouting..

"Honestly, I am tensed... but I know what will be the result.. you will be mine and me yours.. jab destination malum ho toh journey asaan ho jati hain. Muskilen aathi hain, hardship aayengi par hum unse ladenge aur jeetenge.." he said convincingly.

"True, you know, I was doubting myself , so many negative things passed through my mind but you are my true anchor, I am immature and your wisdom always brings in some mindfulness in my ignorant brain. I feel much relaxed now" she said with a gratitude.

"We balance each other Sana, you calm me, you give peace to my agitated soul... tu tension mat le jayda, no negative thoughts.. we will conquer this phase with flying colors" he said giving her the boost she craved at that moment.