Chapter 71

A/N: I think it's better to play the music while reading this chapter, but it's just a suggestion. 😅

--

[Time Skips: September]

[Masa's POV]

The wedding date was moved again after she was hospitalized for 2 weeks due to dengue and a year has passed since Mika and I have been engaged. A week from now, our wedding will happen.

We're currently on our final fitting of her gown and my tuxedo and Tatsuya-san is with us since he will also stand as my best man. Kiyoharu and Kaede are also with us since the two really want to see their best friend immediately in her wedding gown.

Tatsuya: "You two are really getting busy huh"

Me: "Yeah"

Tatsuya: "I'm glad that she became comfortable with you"

Me: "Yeah"

After the incident happed last year, everything became different. She decided to go to the U.S. to have resumed the surgery there even though she can have it here in Tokyo. Maybe she really wanted to forget everything that happened back then. She has been through a lot and she really didn't deserve that all.

After the incident... no... after she got engaged in me, I never see her warm smile again. She may be smiling or laughing but it is not the same as she was with Yuki...

Tatsuya: "Did you already tell her about your feelings?"

I know at first it was just an arranged marriage, and we had an agreement that after 2 years we're going to get a divorce. But as time goes by I'm with her, I learn a lot about her and I can't stop myself from falling in love with her.

I didn't fall in love with her just because I pitied her, I love her because she was really different from all the girls I meet and dated before. She's really a strong woman despite all the things that happened to her, she was still holding on, she was still fighting for herself.

Me: "I already told her"

Tatsuya: "What happened?"

I first told her that I love her when we're at the ball in Milan but of course, I'm not expecting any response from her. She only smiles at me and I know that if I fall for her, she will not fall for me cause her heart is still taken by someone.

But after what happened in Milan, somewhat she started to act differently. There's progress happening between us but maybe because she just accepts the fact that she will still marry me whether she likes it or not.

Me: "I'm always telling and showing it to her that I love her..."

Me: "... but I know that I'll never win her heart. I know from the start that someone is owning her heart already."

Me: "and I guess this kind of love I have for her is like something borrowed."

-- To Be Continued --

Music: Something Borrowed - Lewis Capaldi

A/N(2): Welcome to the last part of this story, Fourteen [XIV]: The Way Back, and yes, thank you for keeping on tuning in this story and it is near to its end. HAHAHAHA anyways thank you again for the reads, votes, and comments.

See you in the next remaining chapters. 🥰