Chapter 40

[Mikio's POV]

Right now, I was in dad's office to ask him.

Me: "Dad... is there a possibility to cancel the engagement?"

Stefano: "Why do you suddenly ask about that"

Me: "Earlier, I was with Mika, and for a very long time, I saw her smile again..."

Me: "I don't know how to describe how happy she was when she's with the man she loves"

He stops from what he was doing as he let a heavy sigh and removed his glasses.

Stefano: "If only I was the one deciding, why not cancel the engagement. Why not allow her to marry the man she loves"

He gives me faint smile before he looks windowpane of his office, illuminating the lights of the busy city.

Stefano: "but it was Fabio who will decide about it."

Me: "What's the point of being her father, dad? Did you really care about her? Did you really think of her as your daughter? DAD, SHE SUFFERED A LOT! SHE-"

Stefano: "ENOUGH!"

Me: *chuckles* "I see... then I think I'll be the one who will convince grandpa about it"

Stefano: "DON'T YOU DARE TO DO THAT CEDRIC!"

Me: "WHY?!... Because you're the one who will be blamed for my actions huh?"

Stefano: "NO!"

Me: "Then what?"

Stefano: "If the reason is because of Yuki..."

Stefano: "Yuki and his family will be in trouble. Fabio already knew about their relationship and he was testing Celena if she'll follow the agreement."

Me: "No...no no no... I'm going to him now and ask him"

Stefano: "Cedric!"

I start to walk out of the door ignoring dad and head to Fabio's office.

When I got into his office, I see a man who's currently having a meeting with him.

Fabio:. "Your timing is right Cedric, I want you to meet Celena's soon-to-be father-in-law..."

I was stunned when I heard who is he. I feel like I heard the name before but I forget when and where.

Fabio: "You said you'll have something to say to me right?"

At this rate, I can ask him in front of that man.

Geez...

I'm really stupid...

I'm really useless...

-- To Be Continued --