Chapter 3: a friendly bet

RAYA'S POV:

After the bathroom incident, the rest of the day goes by quite smoothyl. The red paint is still streaked in my blond hair by tthe  time volleyball practice starts, but everybody has already seen it so nobody stares at me. Well, except Coach.

  "What in the sam-hell happened to your hair?" She demands when she walks into the gym and see me.

"Hunter Johnson happened," I reply and Coach looks confused.

 "What does that boy have anything to do with your paint streaked hiar?" She asks.

"Well, it just so happens that 'that boy' filled balloons with red paint and stick them in my locker, where they exploded all over me," I explain and smile bitterly at Coach.

   "And why did he do that?"

"Because he's an egotistical jerk whose soul purpose in life is to make mine as miserable as it can get," I say and Coach snorts.

   "Bit dramatic, aren't you?" She asks in amusement as i get in the spiking line that we have every ten minutes before practice actually begins.

 "Not even the slightest bit dramatic when it comes to Hunter Johnson," I answer before LJ sets the ball to me and i spike as fast and as hard as i can, while imagining it hitting Hunter in the face.

  "Have that attitude for our games and we are sure to win," LJ says as she sets the ball to another girl.

  "What kind of attitude," I ask.

"The 'i hate Hunter Johnson and i can't wait to hospitalyze him' attitude," LJ explains and i grin.

   "I didn't realize you could tell i was feeling that way," I say and LJ laughss.

"Everybody in a 10 mile radius knows tthat's what your feeling," LJ replies.

 "Good to know,"

For the next hour we scrimage and work on over hand serving, burt the last thirty minutes turn into pure conditioning. It feels like we are training to run a marothon or something.

"I think i am going to be sick," one of the younger girls complains and i glance at her. I wouldn't doubt it if she did puke, she looks really pale and is waay beyond exhausted.

 "Coach, why are we running so much? It's just volleyball," Alexis, a sophomore varsity starter, complains.

 "Alexis! If you want to keeep your varsity position i suggest you do your best not to complain," Coach suggests and i shake my head.

  Alexis is a really good volleyball player, that's why she started on varsity her Freshmen year, but she needs to learn whn to keep quiet. Coach doesn't care if you are the world's best volleyball player, if you cpmplain or whine you better be prepared for a whole lott of bench warming.

"Alright, brng it in girls. That was a very good practice. Our first game is this Friday. Tomorrow i will tell you who the varsity and JV starters are and who are on both. Even if you are only a varsit or JV bench warmer, that doesn't mean you won't get any time to play," Coach explainss but i am not in the least bit worried. I am almost 100% sure i will be a varsity starter.

   I have been starting on varsity since i was a Freshemen, so i really have nothing to worry about.

"Lady Rebels on three... One, two, three," Coach says and we all put our hands in the middle of the circle and break it on three while shouting our mascot, Lday Rebels.

  "So, you worried about your position?" LJ asks me and i snort.

  "As our school's best spiker? Naw," I say. I try not to sound over confident and utterly fail.