Chapter 28: R-O-M-A-N-C-E

RAYA'S POV:

  The next day at school, as soon as I walk into the school, I head straight to Hunter's locker. He looks up at me and smiles that smile that makes my heart skip a beat as I smile back at him.

    "Hey, beautiful," he says and leans in for a quick kiss.

"Hey, yourself," I reply as his friends saunter over to us. Tyler, as usual, gives me a glare, but the rest of them seem civil enough. Jerron looks especially happy, but that's not shocking seeing as how LJ is practically gorilla glued to his side.

    She grins over at me and I can't help but grin back and wiggle my eyebrows at her. She blushes like crazy, which is kind of strange because LJ never blushes, but I guess that just tells me that she is super happy with Jerron.

   I look over at Luke and he looks beyond pissed off. He is glaring so hard at my boyfriend that at any minute I expect Hunter to drop dead.

 "What's wrong with you?" I blurt out and immediately regret it because Luke turns his steely eyes towards me.

     "Can I speak to you alone, Hunter.." Luke says, but it's more of a demand than a question. Hunter nods his head and they walk off together. I look at LJ and she shrugs. Jerron watches them leave with a tight expression. It's no secret that Jerron and Hunter are closer than the rest of the group, but it's surprising to see him staring at Luke like that.

   "You okay, Jerron?" I ask him and he nods. Will and Tyler look lost.

"I wonder what that's about," Will mutters and Tyler shrugs.

   "Hunter's motorcycle is ruined," Jerron mutters, which leaves me even more confused as to why Luke cares, but the other boys get a look of understanding on their faces.

 "What does that have to do with anything?" I ask and Jerron starts stammering.

    "None of your business, bitch," Tyler snaps and I roll my eyes at him, dramatically, just to piss him off.

"Ty, enough," Jerron mutters and Tyler glares at him.

     "Uh, Hunter was going to... Uh.... Sell Luke his bike," Will lies. I know that he is lying, but I can't figure out why, so I just let it slide by nodding my head.

 Pretty soon Luke and Hunter walk back over to us, but before I can ask Hunter what was really the problem, the bell rings. Hunter pecks me again before walking off to his class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

 Finally lunch rolls around and Hunter appears out of know where, grabs ahold of my hand and smirks at me.

    When we get to the food, like any guy, Hunter piles up his tray full of food and waits for me to grab my food. Don't get me wrong, I love food and i'm not one of those girls who eat salads, but I also have no clue how anybody in their right mind could eat as much food as Hunter is going to eat.

But the thing is, I know he will eat all of it..

  I grab two slices of Hawaiian pizza and a sunny D, and we walk over to LJ and Jerron. They are holding hands and sitting so close together that LJ is almost sitting on his lap. I grin and shake my head. I wonder if that's how Hunter and I looked the first few days we dated.

   "Hey, you two love birds,"  Hunter teases and Jerron smirks while LJ spits her tongue out. Ah, I have taught her well.

     "Please, like you two didn't act like this the first few days,"

"We didn't," Hunter replies.

 "Ha! My ass! You two were way worse than we are," LJ says and I bite my lip to keep from smiling like an idiot.

    "So, are you going to see your dad?" LJ asks and I nod. Jerron looks surprised.

"Yeah, as long as Hunter comes with me," I say and LJ smiles encouragingly.

    "I'm sure it will go over great," LJ says positively. That's LJ for you, never a pessimist.

"I guess we will see," I mutter and Hunter squeezes my hand gently, letting me know he is there for me.

    "So, when are we going?" He asks me and I sigh.

"Mom contacted him this morning, so Bryce, you, and me are going to see him and his new family tomorrow," I mumble, not excited at all.

    "Don't looks so glum, babe, i'll be there. I won't let him do anything to hurt you again, okay?" Hunter whispers in my ear and I nod and smile at him gratefully.

 HUNTER'S POV:

   "Can I speak to you alone, Hunter?" Luke asks me and I nod. We walk off and I just know that he found out about the motorcycle.

He spins around to face me and glares at me.

   "Tell me what's on your mind, Luke," I say and cross my arms over my chest.

"You know exactly what's on my mind, dumb ass! How could you wreck part of our bet?!" Luke snaps and I roll my eyes.

   "Well it's not like you were going to win anyway," I say and he clenches his fists.

"I don't care, Hunter! We made a bet,"

   "I'm done with this stupid bet, okay?" I snap back and he looks at me in shock.

"What did you just say?!" He asks between clenched teeth.

    "I said. I'm. Done!"

"Why? Because you suddenly love this girl?! Hunter! She's just a stupid bet, okay? You're giving up because you have feelings for her? That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard," Luke sneers and I glare at him.

    "Fuck you, Luke! She's much more than a stupid bet!"

"So I automatically win because you gave up! Where the hell is your motorcycle?!," Luke yells.

    I start walking away, but turn around to face him and throw my hands in the air.

"In pieces at the junkyard, douche! It's all yours," I yell back and toss him the key that the tow truck guy gave me. He catches it and looks ready to tackle me.

  I thought he was supposed to be my friend. Two weeks ago, I would have trusted Luke with my life. I don't know why he acted this way, he always seemed like he liked Raya. I thought Ty would be the one to do this to me, but I guess I was wrong.

   When I walk back over to the guys and Raya, she looks like she wants to ask me what happened, but the bell rings and I kiss her lightly before heading to class with Ty and Jerron. Will waves at us before heading to his other class.

    "What happened?" Jerron asks.

"I called off the bet and Luke flipped out on me..." I say and then explain everything that happened.

    Jerron looks sympathetic, but Tyler looks like he is siding with Luke. Great.  This will be the worst day if I lose two of my best friends in the same day.

 "Hunter, I can't believe you called off the bet! You have never done that! Over some girl?" Tyler says and stares at me like he doesn't know me.

    "Ty, I know, but I really like Raya. I know you don't, but I really do," I say and he shakes his head.

"You are insane. I wouldn't be surprised if Luke flips out even further and tells Raya about this little bet," Ty says and I freeze.

   "He wouldn't do that... Would he?" I ask and Jerron shrugs his shoulders helplessly.

"I wouldn't put it past him," Ty says and I sink in my seat.

 Shit.

THANKS FOR READING!!! WHAT DID YOU THINK?! :) THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!! IT REAALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME!!!!!!

STAY BEAUTIFUL!

THANKS LOVELIES!

-becka