Chapter|1|

Stephanie

I try to shield my face with my pillow from the bright light coming from the window.
Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!
And now my alarm has decided to add to my pain by making its grand entrance.
I groaned and tried to turn off the alarm on the side table while snuggling more into the blanket. I hate waking up so I get all grumpy so you can definitely tell I am not a morning person. I better wake up before my mom comes in and I can tell you it doesn't always end well. I shiver at the thought and quickly sit straight up on my bed. I rubbed my eyes squinting to adjust to the bright light.
My room is pretty alright. The walls are painted dark blue matching my bedspread and the carpet that covers the floor. My queen sized bed is positioned at the center so I could see the whole room from it. My wardrobe to the right and a small mirror plastered on the wall to the left. A reading table positioned at the center but close to the wall.
As an A-straight student and I am not bluffing here. I don't always look forward to going to school. I am suppose to love school, don't get me wrong I love it but I hate my SCHOOL.
Maybe it is that I attend one of the rich school in New York with a lot of rich snobs; Starlight High School who always try to embarrass me.
My parent don't even have the resources to send me to a school like that but all thanks to my IQ I was able to land a scholarship in a rich school.
If I had known that I will constantly be insulted, I wouldn't have attempted the exam knowing it wasn't a school for people like me. Some of them always make me feel less of myself because I am the scholarship student.
Especially Katrina, the head of the cheerleaders of the school and the official queen bee of the school. Blonde hair and pretty doll face and model like body.
She never misses a chance to throw painful jabs at me but I always make sure to keep my cool even though I am hurting inside. I know all they say isn't true but it is hard not to think about it sometimes.
I am able to get everyday done in that school all thanks to my friends, Amanda and Lily and my other friends.
They are rich but are different. They are my god-sent and I will forever be grateful to them. Without them I would have probably drop out of the school.
Thinking about them, a small smile formed at the corner of my lips.
I love them so much.
Let me get ready for the day even though I want nothing more than to snuggle into my bed once more.
"Stephanie Annabelle Walker, I hope you are up?" my moms' voice boomed from outside and I sprint out of my bed.
"I am up mom,I promise" I immediately shouted back.
" You better be because it is your first day in your senior year. You can't afford to be late and you still have to catch the bus" she reminded me after she entered my room making sure I wasn't still in bed.
I nodded at her words then she headed out probably to make breakfast. I quickly grab my toothbrush, towel and the clothes I am going to be wearing before sauntering off to the bathroom which is just at the end of the hallway.
I squirted toothpaste on my toothbrush
and quickly got down to business but I can't always keep my mind from wandering off.We aren't high class and aren't middle class. We are just rich enough to take care of our needs. I always wonder what it is to be rich. Being poor is hard. You have to think hard before you make any decisions. You have gotta worry about what is gonna happen tomorrow.
That is why I wanna get a good degree and take my parents out of this shit.

Thank god I have got perfect set of white teeth or Kat/Cat will have something else to throw a jab about.
I stare at myself in the small mirror and let out a sigh. I know I am not ugly but definitely not the most beautiful.
With my 5'7 figure, long black hair, sapphire blue eyes, small pointed nose and full pink lips with a not so skinny body with curves in the right places.
I strip down to my baby suit after brushing my teeth. I wash my hair with my lavender rose shampoo wrapping it up with a towel. I wrapped a towel around my petite figure after taking a relaxing bath. I applied my lotion and damn I smell good.
'A girl can sure give herself a compliment'.
I put on my fresh new clothes consisting of a black hoodie and dark ripped jeans with my black sneakers.
I am not rich but it doesn't mean I don't have a dope fashion sense. I put my long hair almost reaching my butt into a ponytail and applied only lipgloss.
I check myself out in the mirror making sure I looked good.
I headed back to my room and started putting all the necessary things in my bag. I walk to the door and turned back making sure I didn't forget anything.
My mom was already arranging the table for breakfast when I got to the small dining room. The smell of freshly made bacon and eggs hit me and my mouth immediately water at the smell.
My heart clenched knowing this is probably the last time this week I will have good meal.
I will have to start chugging down cereals every morning and maybe nights.
It is not like she has got money to buy but I hope you get what I am explaining here.
My mom, Zara Walker, 5'7, beautiful dark eyes, black hair and a body that makes her look ten years younger enough to be refer to as my older sister.
My mom definitely know how to turn heads with her beauty.
I look just like her just that I took my dad's blue eyes.
She is the best mom in the world and sure make the best food and give the best advice. Can't imagine life without her.
Unlocking my phone to see if there is any new Instagram post from the people I am following while waiting for my mom to hand me my breakfast. Realizing that I still have more than one hour before school starts and will definitely catch the bus . "No phone at breakfast" my mom scolded while handing me a plate.
"Sorry" I apologized putting my phone away.She poured me a glass of orange juice.I quickly dig into the food and it sure tastes delicious.
I finished eating and headed to the sink to wash the dishes. "Don't worry I will do it now leave before you miss the bus" she said quickly while pushing me to the door. She gave me a few dollars which I will use for the bus fare before placing a kiss on my forehead. "Bye mom! Love you" I shouted before she closed the door in my face after replying with her own version of 'love you'. My dad has obviously left for work.
He works as a driver for a rich family and thankfully not for someone that goes to my school. Cat will definitely make more fun of me to know my dad is a driver.
I am proud of my dad but his job come on.  I make my way to the bus station which is just a twenty minutes walk from my house. I love taking a walk because I enjoy the perfect silence and the wind blowing in my face.
I get there two minutes early and sat down on the available bench waiting for the bus to arrive. It is the only bus that comes here so me missing it means me trekking to school which is an hour walk. It is an hour only when I take alleys which are always dark and scary. On cue the bus arrives and I entered. I took a seat at the front next to the window looking at the beautiful New York City. I so much love this city!
I got down at my stop after paying my fare. It would take me another ten minutes to walk to school since there are no available taxi. My school mates who are rich wouldn't stop to help except my friends who are probably going to show up late. I strap my backpack before glancing around the familiar building.
Starlight is sure a sore beauty with its well manicured lawns with building of different sizes spreading out which made me remember how I got lost on my first day. Thanks to Amanda and Lily for helping me.
Now how am I gonna find this class. It is my first day and I don't wanna create any bad impression. I want the teachers to like me but arriving at class late will definitely say otherwise. I can feel my eyes tearing up but I quickly blink it away focusing my attention on the strange map on my hand.
I rested on a locker and sighed. I don't think I will be finding this Chemistry class because I don't understand this map. "Hey" a voice said making me jump a bit because I wasn't expecting anyone.
"Sorry we didn't mean to scare you" another voice said and I focus my eyes on the speaker who happens to be a very pretty girl beside another good looking girl. They are dressed in simple but elegant clothes making me feel self conscious about putting on a white hoodie and leggings with Nike sneakers on my first day at a RICH school to be precise. "Hey" I replied after realizing I haven't said anything and I was looking like a complete weirdo.
"Are you new?" the brown eyed asked which I nodded to. "I am kinda lost so can you guys help me get to class. Sorry I  forgot to introduce myself I am Stephanie" I said slowly  and didn't quite understand why I said my name not that they asked.
"We can help, I am Amanda and that's Lily. We are gonna help you and it is nice meeting you. What do you have?" the dark eyed replied.
"Chemistry at room 105" I replied fiddling with my fingers. I always get  a little bit nervous when talking to new people. "Great we have the same thing" Amanda squealed and I smiled at her.
"Thanks for helping me" I said as we made our way to class.
"No problem Steph" she replied and the Lily girl just gave me a smile.
Steph! We just met each other but I can feel that we are going to get along so well.