Chapter|18|

I don't really know the usefulness of this fake id. The bouncer at the door just glanced at it for a second with a scowl before allowing us in. I was hoping he will see through our lie and send us away.
Stop being such a chicken and loosen up!
My parents are going to be so disappointed if they come to know about this.
This is it.
The color, pulsing lights slashed through the entrance, and the loud music was the first thing that caught my attention.
The next thing was the smoky scent mixed with strong cologne and sweat.
There were a lot of people on the dance floor. There was a sleek looking bar at the side. Dual stairwells led up from the dance floor up to a second level which seems to be the VIP area.
I want nothing but to dissociate myself from all this and stay invisible at the corner. My friends clearly has other plans and I got pulled along to the bar. "We need alcohol in our system first"Angela said with a huge grin.
I can already imagine her having an hungover tomorrow.
I went with something not too strong and watched as the bartender worked his magic. "To a fulfilled night" Angela squealed and we toasted.
I gulped down the shot at once and massaged my throat as it burns.
I took just one more shot because I really need to stay sober for us. I expect the guys to be responsible but it looks like I am the only one that actually cares about not getting into TROUBLE. "Now we dance" Angela screamed and I sighed knowing she is so drunk right now.
She pulled us to the dance floor and started dancing with an unknown guy.
I was stiff at first but started to relax a bit as I feel a little bit lightheaded. I started moving my hips to the bass and flipped my hair back getting into the beat. "You have got it girl" Amanda called out to me.
I made sure to dance close to her since I don't want to dance with a creep.
I moved back to the bar to settle down since my feet were hurting in this heels.
My throat feels dry but I am not too sure I can get water at a bar. "Can I get a bottle of water?" I asked and I sighed in relief as he nodded. He tossed me once and I gulped down so unladylike.
Get your manners together. I don't need you to embarrass me.
I giggled at that thought because it sounds dumb. Sorry to burst your bubble my subconscious, nobody knows about you. You are the inner me and I am the outer. You only get to converse with me.
And your roles cannot be switched so keep enjoying your time inside of my head.
I hate you are damn right.
I drank from the bottle again. "You don't take alcohol?" a voice asked making me jump a bit in my seat leading to the water entering the wrong place in my system.
I started to cough and my eyes began to water. I put my hand on my chest in an attempt to calm myself.
Someone hands me a bottle of water and I take small sip. A hand patted my back in an attempt to calm me down. I felt wave of electricity surge to me at the small contact. "I'm fine"my voice cracked a bit and I looked up to stare at the mesmerizing green eyes that always get me. I cleared my throat quickly to avoid acting like a creep. "Sorry about that" he said with an apologetic smile.
"It's okay" I replied with a small smile.
"So you don't take alcohol?" he asked again. "I do. I just felt thirsty and decided to take water" I explained and he nodded in response. I glanced back at the dance floor and couldn't spot my friends.
"Cherry coke with vanilla rum. Make it two shots"he said to the bartender.
The bartender slides the shots over and he passed me one. I have never tried this before so I take small sip. It's tastes nice and doesn't burn. "This is nice" I commented and take the remaining in a go. "I know" he smirked and I gave him a look I can't decipher myself.
Of course he knows it's nice. That is definitely why he ordered it.
He ordered more but I declined still keeping to my sober plan. "I am not planning to get drunk. Someone needs to stay sober to save our asses" I explained and he shakes his head at me.
"I bet you have never done this before" he questioned and I nodded. "Trust me I wouldn't be here if I had a say in any of these" I groaned out and snatched one of his shots.
"Relax we are not going to get caught" I scoffed silently at that.
I watched as he knocked shots back and I am shocked that he isn't acting tipsy right now. He holds out his hand and I stare at it confused. "Dance with me" he asked no said with his million dollar smile which is making me melt. He is flashing me his smile like I can't believe it.
I can't say no right. I have imagined what dancing with him feels like.
Just take his hand and stop overthinking things!
"Sure" I said and tried to keep my face blank like this is not messing with my inside. I take his hand and shudder as shivers run down my spine. I glanced at him and he remains calm as usual.
I really go overboard with this emotion.
Just little touch and I feel all mushy. I like him but this is a little intense.
He pulled me to the dance floor and snaked his hand around my waist.
He pulled me closer and started to move.
I hesitated because I have never been so close to a guy not to talk of a guy I am crushing on.
He tipped my chin up to face him. His eyes are so beautiful and I literally get lost in them anytime I stare at it. "Loosen up" he smiled.
Without breaking eye contact,I started swaying matching his every step. Deep, slow romantic music was playing and everything else seemed to fade.
All I could see was this guy dancing in front of me. And I am literally having the best time of my life.
All the thoughts on us getting caught disappeared. I don't mind getting caught if I get to spend time with him.
The song changes to a fast one and Asher wastes no time in pulling me closely by my hips and setting the rhythm he wanted.
After a minute,I start to relax into it,my hips moving on him to the rhythm of the song. The drinks were starting to mess with my mental health.
I start to grind my ass on him and his arm tighten around my hips.
What the fuck am I doing?
I am definitely going to regret this in the morning. Our moves began to become more intense and a little bit sensual. Turning around,I linked my hands around his neck and he pulled me closer by my hips if that was even possible.
The song ended and I head back to the bar. That dance took a lot in me and I am becoming flustered thinking about it all. "Damn girl! You dance really well" he commented as he settled in the stool beside me. "Do you wanna ditch here and go somewhere else?" he asked and I stared at him in disbelief.
I clearly understand the underlying meaning of his words. I knew it was a bad idea to dance with him now he has gotten the wrong idea I wanna ... "What?!" I breathed out. "I don't mean it that way. All those dancing has got me tired and I hope a restaurant is still opened at this hour. So I am wondering if you are up for it" he asked and I stared at him dumbfounded. "So get your mind out of the gutter. I wouldn't mind if you are_" I interrupted him with a playful smack on his hand. "I...Well...Food sounds good" I stuttered out. "Let's go" he said and led the way out. "To think you would ditch club for food" I voiced out my thoughts as we stepped out.
I immediately wrapped my hands around myself as the cold breeze hits me.
Shit! How can I forget to bring a jacket.
I felt something large on my shoulders and realized it's his jacket.
I was immediately enveloped in his scent and it is making me feel things.
"I don't know why you girls do this" he mumbled and I raised an eyebrow confused. "Why didn't you bring a jacket?" he asked. "I didn't feel the need to. It was suppose to be hotel to club. I didn't know I will be taking a walk out here" I replied and he just shakes his head. I really understand his words but decided not to question it.
We continued walking. "Aren't you gonna feel cold?" I asked gesturing to the jacket. "I am good" he replied running his hands through his hair. "Thanks" I muttered remembering I haven't thanked him yet and he shrugged in response.
We walked for some minute before spotting a food truck. "Thank goodness" he muttered as we made our way to it.
"Welcome fellas. What will you go for? Pumpernickel or Ham-on-rye?"the man inside the truck asked.
"I will go with the second option. What about you Stephanie?" he asked and my eyes widened.
He remembers?! He knows my fucking name! Oh my God! I wasn't expecting him to remember my name.
Chill girl! It is just your name. You just told him this morning so you don't expect him not to remember.
He snapped his fingers in front of my eyes making me snap out of my inner battle.
"What do you want?" he asked again. "Pumpernickel" I said quickly and realized I didn't bring any cash with me.
How can I be so stupid?
"I didn't_" he cut me off. "Have got it" he said and paid for it.
We collected our food and settled on the available bench.
I take a bite and moaned loudly. It tastes so good. My phone pings and I opened it.
What is going on? I just saw you leave with Asher! I didn't know you had it in you. Make sure to use protection!!!! - Am.
I immediately choke on my food and cough out loud again. This is really becoming embarrassing.
Seriously Amanda! Like how can she possibly think I will act so cheap.
A bottle of water was placed in my hand and I could gulped it down. "You good?" he asked and I gave a thumbs up.
Heat creeped onto my face as I remembered the message but I am thankful Lily applied blush on my cheek.
"You have an habit of choking on everything" he said with a smirk and I sighed. "Of course not. My friend...just sent me a ... funny message" I stuttered and massaged my temples.
I don't want him to think I am clumsy. This is all Amanda's fault.
He just hummed in response and I continued eating my food.
We ate in eerie silence. This type of silence is the one that is peaceful and the quietness is surreal.
No thick tension in the air wanting to suffocate us.
It allows me to gather myself and stop embarrassing myself further.
"Do you have an idea where we are traveling to next?"I blurted out without thinking. "Since Daniel is your friend so I was wondering if you would" I cut off when I realized I was not really making any sense. "I know but I can't spill. He made me promise not to" he said running his hands through his hair.
"Okay" I said understanding his reasons.
I fiddled with my fingers as usual.
I stand up and throw away the paper bag.
I returned back to the bench and stared into the distance. "How long have you been schooling here" he asked after a while as he turned to face me.
"Three years".
"And I have never met you before because I sure won't forget a pretty face as usual" he smirked out and I groaned inwardly.
He never misses a chance to flirt. It reminds me of who he really is.
Yeah Asher Bianchi, your long time crush!
I am sure I wasn't referring to that.
"Do you wanna know something?" he asked and I urged him to go on. "You are the first girl that I have talked to without having the intention of taking to my bed".
"Well,you have made that intention known a couple of times. Do you want me to start stating examples?" I allowed my lips to curl upward amused at this conversation. "I was just joking around trust me. If I wanna go for you then you wouldn't be able to resist my charms. Unless you swing the other way" he replied with a cocky smile making me snort. This guy is too cocky for his own good.
He is telling the truth. You couldn't also resist his charms.
You have been making too much appearance today and it is starting to get on my nerves. It has been a long day, why don't you go rest?
You are not getting rid of me so easily.
I decided to ignore my dumb subconscious at this point. "You are too cocky" I voiced out my thoughts. "A lot of straight girls can resist your charms" I added and he gave me a look I couldn't decipher. "That sure sounds impossible. The whole girl population I have met thinks otherwise. You are the only one who didn't jump my bones on our first meeting" he retorted and I decided to stop defending a lost case.
"It's past midnight" he said after glancing at his phone screen.
"That late" I mumbled. "I hope there is still a cab agency working at this time" I stated and he hummed busying himself with his phone.
After some minute, he breath a sigh of relief. "Found one. Should be here in about twenty minutes" he said and I smiled thankful about the news.
"What should we do to kill time?" he asked and I shrugged unable to come up with anything. "Let's just ask each other random question" he offered.
"Like twenty questions?" I asked but it came out more like a statement and he nodded. "Favorite color?" he asked.
"Green"I replied and smiled inwardly knowing the reason why that is my favorite. "Why?" he asked. "It's a very beautiful color" I replied not wanting to spill more. "So you like my eyes?"he asked staring at me intently. "I envy you. Your eyes are so beautiful" I admitted truthfully. "Yours?" I asked wanting to change the topic badly. "Grey" he mumbled and I raise an eyebrow at me asking him to explain. "I just like it" he shrugged. "Next question, favorite food?" I asked. "Pancakes. I can eat a dozen"he gave me a toothy grin that makes my inside melt. "I don't really have a favorite. If I had to choose, I will go with pasta. There are so many things it goes".
"Nice. Where are you from?" he asked.
"Born and bred in America" I replied. "I know you are Italian. What is your Italian name? You must sure have one right" I asked curiously because I really do think about it sometimes.
"Emiliano" he replied slipping in his Italian accent making my heart flutter.
If I thought his normal voice was hot then this is way hotter.
Add that to my list; I love guys with Italian accent.
"Do...you...speak... it?" I stuttered out trying to collect myself.
Don't embarrass yourself Stephanie.
"Non ti aspetti che non capisca la mia lingua madre" he replied and I stared at him confused not understanding a word he just uttered.
"I said you don't expect me not to understand my native language. I might live here but I am Italian by blood" he explained and I nodded agreeing with him. "It is such a beautiful language, it makes me want to learn to speak it"I confessed playing with my fingers.
I wanna be good at anything he is good at. Does that make me a creepy admirer.
"That is nice" he replied.
"So What kind of movies do you watch?" he asked randomly and I pursed my lips to think. "I just go with any genre actually" I replied honestly. "I was expecting you to say romcom. Don't all girls enjoy those stuff?" he asked and I huffed clearly disagreeing with him. "Not all girls"I said.
"When was your first_"
"14" he replied and I cringed.
"I wasn't asking about that" I huffed.
"You weren't gonna ask me when I first had sex?" he asked and I cringed again.
"Of course not. That is not something I need to know. I was going to ask you when was the first time you started playing basketball" I explained and he just chuckled.
"I was seven when I started training. I was told I was a natural. I was able to beat people a lot older than me. I have got skills" he said flashing me his best smile.
"Wow" I replied playing with the ends of his jacket.
A car honks made me snap my head up. "Our ride is here" he announced as he stands up. We made our way to the taxi and he opened the door for me letting me slide in first. I mumbled a thank you to him and settled inside.
Today has been so long but I can't say I am not happy about the turn of events.
Who would have thought I would be eating and chatting with my crush at this time of the night?
Today has been like a dream to me.
A dream I definitely don't wanna wake up from.
The car pulled up in the hotel and Asher paid the fare. I am still a little sad that he had to pay for everything. It is really hurting my dignity.
We made our way into the hotel lobby and into the elevator. I wasn't sure what room he is in.
I think I recall Mrs. Molly saying that we were all placed on the same floor.
"Thank you very much for tonight. I really had a great time" I said as the elevator dings open. "Same here" he replied with a smile. I started to remove his jacket even though I want nothing but to keep it.
It is the right thing to do. I hold it out to him and gestured for him to collect it. "You can keep it" he said and my eyes widened. Oh my god! Really?
I cleared my throat not wanting him to see how happy I was . "You sure?" I asked with a blank face or I sure hope that is the expression on my face.
"I am dead sure. Goodnight" he said and started walking away.
I remained in the same spot for some minute and glanced back to see if he isn't there. I squealed loud into the jacket jumping around. I am never washing thud this jacket and this is definitely my new pajamas.
I stop squealing when I realized how risky it was to be doing that at this time. With the teachers on this floor and they will probably know I sneaked out considering my outfit. This is the alcohol's doing.
I don't always behave irrationally.
With a big smile, I headed to my room clutching the jacket tightly in my hands.
I sniffed it and sighed.
Quit acting like a creep!
I entered my room and twirled around with the jacket.
"I want every detail tomorrow" a voice called out in the dark making me jump a bit. I turned on the lights and realized it was just Amanda. I put my hand on my racing heart and glared at the intruder.
She didn't even acknowledge me and she has her face pressed into her pillow.
She is definitely dead drunk and now I hope she isn't a messy drunkard.
I don't want to wake up to her throwing up and disturbing my night sleep.
I walked to my box and grabbed a pair of shorts and hoodie.
I took a quick shower and put it on.
I climbed into my bed and clutched the jacket tight.
I am really reading too much into his simple gestures.
He probably doesn't think of me like that.
He is just curious to know more about the one girl that isn't smitten by him.
But he doesn't know...
I am completely smitten by him.
I get to spend time with him. Tonight was truly amazing.
I hope tomorrow is way more better.
But a girl can only hope?

Of course!
Happy new month to you all.
The first update in September. Yay!
What month are you ?
Mine is June.
Thanks for choosing KA!
Don't
Forget
To
Vote
And
Comment
Xoxo
~Aridah.