Chapter|35|

Thank you guys for the support, KA has passed 500 reads.
I really appreciate you all.

I sipped my Pepsi staring round the McDonald.
After shopping, we decided to crash here. I didn't buy anything because I have the perfect outfit for the party in my wardrobe.
We just exchanged Christmas presents. Everyone was satisfied with what they got. A phone buzzed and I checked mine . It was Angela's. "Okay guys, it turns out people from school are hanging out at skating rink. We should head there" she announced and I scoffed.
Can't we head home?
"I can't skate so you can just drop me home" I said and popped fries in my mouth.
"Asher is going to be there" she whispered to me and I smiled remembering our last meeting.
"I will go but someone has got to volunteer to teach" I said and they raised an eyebrow. I will too if someone said no then suddenly says yes.
"I will teach you" Amanda said and I smiled thankfully at her.
Amanda offered to pay this time.
Get rich friends ASAP! They are the best.
So you are just using them for their money?
You know I am joking. I love them for who they are not for their money.
It better be because I will be disappointed if that is the main reason for hanging out with them.
My sub is finally having sense.
I always had.
We headed out to the carpark. Angela and Rob rode together. Mike and Lily. He escorted Lily for shopping. Rose, Amanda and I drove together. We have being sidetracked for being single.
We got to the skating rink and headed inside. I just followed my friends lead since I didn't know what to do.
We went to the stalls to get our skates. I walked up to the booth to look for my shoe size. Coincidentally, Asher just came in after me.
Asher was wearing a Nike sweatshirt and dark jeans and some Nike sneakers. His necklace hanging out and his hair in its usual messy state.
I moved away from my friends so that he would be able to see me. I couldn't just walk up to him.
He spotted me and smiled at him. He walked towards me and his friends followed behind. "Hey" he greeted with a smile.
"Hi" I replied and his friends just stared.
"Daniel, Mathew,meet Stephanie" he introduced and I said a little 'hi' to both of them.
"I could have done the introduction myself" Daniel said with a glare . "I have heard about you, how do you cope with this idiotic_" Asher flipped him off.
"Don't mind them. You are really pretty, why don't we go out with since we will look good together" Matthew flirted and Asher snickered.
"Back off" Asher grumbled and Matthew smirked. He whispered something to Asher and he flipped him.
He dragged me away from his friends and pulled me to a corner. "Don't mind those two dummies"
"They are actually funny. I thought they wouldn't like me" I said fiddling with my fingers and he arched an eyebrow.
"Why wouldn't they? You are a sweet person and likable" he said softly after tilting my chin up to look at me.
He cleared his throat and pinched the bridge of his nose. He muttered things under his breath but I was unable to hear.
"You ready to skate?" he said changing the topic easily.
"Actually, I don't know how to" I mumbled and he just stared.
"I will teach you" he said and I looked up at him with a smile.
"Really?" I said batting my eyelashes and he nodded.
I wrapped my hands around him but pulled away immediately collecting myself.
Chill, it is just ice skating.
I like him teaching me things. It is our thing. I knew it was a good idea to come here. "Let's go get our skating shoes" he said walking and I followed.
I stopped by my friends. The girls were smiling widely at him and Amanda even had the nerves to wink at me. "So he is going to teach me" I said with a sheepish smile.
"So you are ditching us?" Amanda said with an hurtful look and I fiddled with my fingers. "Just kidding, have fun. Lot of it" she said and winked again.
"It's just ice skating" I said blushing and they wiggled their eyebrow at me.
Keep saying it until you believe it. It is really special to you.
"We need to get baes Rose" Amanda grumbled and walked away pulling Rose with her.
"Stephanie" Asher called from the booth and I headed towards him.
"Sorry" I apologized for keeping him waiting and he shrugged it off.
We settled on a bench to put on our skates. Once I put it on, I couldn't wait to join the others on the ice.
I stayed at the side of the rink happy to learn this.
He did one full lap round the rink before coming back to me.
Show off. I snorted at that.
"Okay so let's begin" he said and held out his hands for me.
I took a deep breath and put my hand in his. He laced our fingers together and he slowly led me to the ice.
The moment my skate hit the ice, I jerked back and gripped his hands right.
He let out a chuckle and I looked up at him glaring. "Sorry" he muttered but he looks like he was still holding back a laugh.
"You done?" I snorted and he nodded.
"You put a foot in front of the other" he explained and I didn't quite understand.
I gripped onto the rails and his hands as he moved round slowly.
I didn't want to make a fool out of myself by falling. "Do you trust me?" he asked softly and I didn't need to think twice.
"Yes" I said with a nod and he smiled.
"I will need you to let go of the rail. I wouldn't let you fall I promise" he said softly and I nodded.
I let go of the rail and stumbled into his chest. I pulled away before I can know what it feels like.
Moron! You are learning ice skating so focus on that .
I can afford to be distracted a bit right?
No!
I don't listen to you. "Stephanie"he flicked his fingers in front of my eyes snapping me out. "You zone out a lot" he mumbled and I realized we are actually moving.
I tried not to concentrate hard on my feet rather at his face. "I do?" Even though I know the answer. He will think I am crazy if I say I talk to my subconscious in my head.
He gave me a look as if to say are you seriously asking me that.
I shrugged not knowing how to reply to that. "Keep your knees bent slightly and skate pointed straight" he ordered and I obliged.
He started skating backwards and so effortlessly. I didn't worry much about crashing since he is a natural.
I pouted at the fact that he is literally good at everything. Even school grades, he never scores beyond a C.
I was finally getting the hang of it but not really well to do it on my own.
As we made a lap around, he started to move faster. I noticed everyone present here is from school. A few were throwing us a curious look and some were glaring at me mostly the girls. I finally understood what was happening, we don't really hang out in front of our classmates. I really like the private meetings, it is free from judging looks.
He pulled us to a stop in the middle of the rink. "Do you think you can skate alone?" he asked and I quickly shook my head. "Believe you can do it. It's easy, you have just got to let go of the fear of falling" he said softly and I sighed agreeing with him.
He squeezed my hands in assurance. "I will be behind you".
I let go of his hands and hold on to the rails. I slowly let go of it and moved slowly. I was actually doing it. I felt proud and beamed. I turned around a bit . "I am doing it" okay making that was a bad idea.
I almost crashed into the rails but try to balance myself. My foot slipped and I fell backwards somehow managing to pull him down with me.
We fell down onto the ice and I landed on top of him. We let out groans, he took the brunt of it. His hands somehow snakes around my bare waist and mine on his chest. I was wearing a crop sweater and denim jeans. I finally felt the hard rock muscles. I wanted to trail my hands down but decided against it. I didn't really feel the pain since I was too busy experiencing this. I peeked up at him as he looked up. "Maybe it is a bad idea to lose focus when you are just starting to learn" he said and I started giggling.
He joined in and the people passing us gave us a weird look.
I stopped and got up. I dusted my clothes as he pulled himself up. "That is enough for a day. I will head back to my friends so see you later" he said and I headed back to mine.
"Now you remember you have got friends" Amanda scoffed and I rolled my eyes at her.
"I will never forget about you guys" I said and her lips twitched up.
"What do you say? We all skate round the rink" Angela suggested.
"Count me out. I don't think skating is for me" I said leaning on the rails.
"Well then be the judge of this" Amanda said and I agreed.
I glanced at Asher and his friends talking about something.
Let's be the judge of this.
——————————-——————————
————————-————————————
They chose my house to dress up this time. My parents went for this new year bonfire thing for oldies.
She brushed the dark eyeshadow over my eyelids. She lined my eyes with the eyeliner and applied bold red lipstick.
My hair was put in a low ponytail she somehow wrapped and pinned they it was off my neck. It was loose and pretty and little pieces of my wavy curls fell beside my ear.
I put on my outfit. A black ripped crop top and leather skirt with belt chains hanging out in front of it. I put on my ankle boots.
"The boys will be here any minute from now" Angela announced looking at her phone.
We touched up and headed outside to meet the boys.
Rob, Thomas and Mike. Amanda, Rose and I rode with Thomas.
We got to the huge mansion and I stared in awe. This house is really huge.
Different pathways leading into the house. There is the nice fountain at the middle. A gold statue of a lion just at the side. I can see the beautiful garden from afar. We entered into the house and the party has already started in full force.
The living room was well decorated. There were glittery white snowflakes hung from the ceiling. Giant blue glass bowls filled with silver wrapped chocolates placed on the food table. There were other food present.
There were lot of drinks on the other side.
I grabbed a lot of the chocolates since I wasn't really hungry.
I grabbed a bottle of water wanting to be the responsible one tonight. We are all heading back to my house after the party so it is only fair I take care of them.
I settled on the couch with Rose. The other people are busy dancing on the dance floor. "Staying sober, are you?" I had to raise my voice so she could hear me. "I can't leave you to take care of them all" she said and I smiled at her thankful.
"I can't wait for the countdown" she squealed and I nodded agreeing with her.
A lot of things happened this year. I finally got to spend time with my crush. He kissed me then did the unexpected by ghosting me. He then comes back into my life and has been super sweet. He is really giving me mixed feelings. I wish I could know what he is thinking. He doesn't display his emotions on his face so it is hard to tell what he is thinking. I just want him to like him like I do then we can actually work.
I thought that was him and Sosa.
Sosa's chapter in his life is closed.
Says who?
Me!
You are not the one to decide that.
"What are your new year fulfillment?" I asked tired of talking with my sub.
"Going to a nice college. Spending the rest of my high school having the best time of my life. I want to know what it feels to be loved. I want to experience it just like the others" she said and I was surprised she said much.
"Do you like anyone?" I asked curiously.
"Nope but I wish I have someone who likes me" she whispered softly and I shifted closer to her.
"Hey" I called making her turn to look at me. "You are pretty, intelligent and a lot of things. There is definitely a guy out there for you. It is just a matter of time" I assured and she squeezed my shoulders.
When did you become an expert of giving advices?
I know right. I knew it was a good idea to take up of a few psychology classes in college. Maybe I can even take up a full class now that I know I am good at it.
I dunno. Do what you feel is best.
"Thank you" she said.
"What are you girls doing just sitting there?" Angela said raising up her voice and I understand she is tipsy already.
"We are playing truth or dare so you guys should join" she said and stumbled back to where she came from.
Rose and I looked at each other and communicated with our eyes.
Deciding to join in, we walked to the big table which everyone was sitting around it. I finally set my eyes on Asher for the first time today. He looked good in the white T-shirt with blazer jacket. He had black jeans on and I couldn't see his leg under the table.
I sat down a few chairs from him and kept staring at him. I hoped he would turn to look at me and finally he does.
He acknowledged me with a nod and a smile before turning back.
I will never get used to seeing him smiling at me. I really love everything about him. His smirk, smile, laugh, voice especially when he slips in his Italian accent.
"Okay we are playing truth or dare. It is going to be steamy so if you can't handle it then you are free to leave" Mason said and I noticed Katrina sitting beside him.
I will never understand the type of relationship those two share.
I was glad when she was out of town for Christmas and came back yesterday. I didn't have to set my eyes on her at the ice skating rink.
The bottle of spun and the dares were really steamy.
"I dare you to take off your clothes leaving you in your underwear for the rest of the game"that was for Katrina which she obliged. Her underwear was lace and revealing. I could almost mistake it for a lingerie and some boys couldn't take their eyes off her body. She was appreciating the attention.
"I dare you to give any guy a lap dance for a minute"the girl actually chose Asher and he just kept smirking throughout the dance.
Jerk!
He isn't yours? Chill, it is a dare and it can't be refused.
Amanda was dared to make out with a guy from the basketball team for a minute.
"I dare you to dance like a stripper with that pole for thirty seconds"
I was hoping to stay invincible for the rest of the game but we don't always get what we wish for.
I was lucky that I was the one asking the question. "Truth or dare?" I asked the guy I recognized was also on the basketball team.
"Dare baby" he said smirking and I was disgusted. I only like one person's smirk.
"I dare you to finish ten shots of whisky in a minute. If you are unable to do that, you will have to keep running round for the rest of the game" I said and now it was my turn to smirk. The guy's eyes widened and I almost felt bad for him.
A random guy poured the shots. "Your time starts now" I announced and the guy started downing the shots.
He managed to finish five within a minute.
Is that even a dare?
It is all fair my sub.
The guy started his marathon glaring at me and I hope I haven't dug my own grave. I am not scared of him.
The game continued and thankfully it never landed on me again.
We played never have I ever.
We split up. Some people went back to the dancing floor, some started making out, some were playing beer pong and other games. I couldn't locate Asher and my friends. I felt like exploring the rooms . Let's see what goes on in there.
I climbed up the stairs and walked down the hallway. I was about to open the first door but was pulled back in a dark room. "You can't just get away so easily" a voice sneered in my face and I recognize it as the guy from the dare.
"Chill okay. It was all a dare" I replied trying to calm him down and think of a way to get out.
"Nobody thought that and made fun of me" he replied glaring at me.
He started rubbing my hands and I realized where this was going.
I tried to knee him in the balls but he managed to dodge my kick.
He trapped me against the wall and started to lean in.
I closed my eyes not wanting to see what happens next.
I was hoping to lose my V to a special person not a guy trying to take his revenge. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" a voice said and I felt the guy's weight pulled off me. I slowly opened my eyes and let out a sigh of relief.
"Asher man... what...are... you..doing..here" the guy stuttered out as my fear reflected in his eyes.
"How dare you try to force a girl to bed with you?" Asher's voice boomed and his fist flew across the guy's face knocking him over.
He wasn't done and delivered a few blows to his stomach and face.
He wiped his shirt and settled on the bed. "What should be your punishment?" he said with a evil smirk and the guy kneeled in front of him.
"Please.... I am sorry.... I would never do it again" the guy pleaded .
"Sorry isn't going to do. Don't worry I wouldn't hand you over to the cops. You like playing basketball don't you?" he asked and the guy nodded.
"From now on, you are off the team. We don't need scumbags like you in the team. Don't let me ever see your face again" Asher said in a scary tone that I actually shuddered.
His eyes drifted to me and softened. "You good?" he said and I nodded.
He walked up to me and pulled me out of the room. "Thank you" I mumbled fiddling with my fingers.
What would have happened if he hadn't showed up?
He led me to an unknown place but I trust him so much I didn't ask any questions.
We walked into the rooftop and that lifted my mood. What almost happened there long forgotten.
I walked to the rails and spread my hands on the rail.
"I am glad I got there in time" he mumbled and I turned to him.
"Yeah. I want us to move on from that" I replied turning back to look at the sky.
"Why do you always say see you later and not goodbye?" I asked out of nowhere leaning against the rails. I watched as he tried to think of an answer.
"I don't believe in goodbyes. See you later seems like the appropriate thing to say" he replied and I didn't push it more.
It is going to be midnight in a few minutes. I walked towards the plush cushions on the floor and settled watching the stars.
The sky was looking beautiful as usual.
He joined me and our knees were brushing each other. "What are your plans for the new year?" he asked and I bit my lips to come up with something.
"Don't do that" he groaned out and I raised an eyebrow at him.
I bit my lips looking at him trying to figure him out. "You don't know ..." he muttered so lowly I couldn't hear the rest.
He leaned closer to me. "You are looking very beautiful today" he said tracing his fingers on my face.
"So you are saying I don't look good everyday" I teased and he gave me a look that made me clamp my mouth shut.
He trailed his fingers along my bottom lips and I shuddered a bit at the contact. "Do I affect you in a way?" he whispered into my ear making it tingle and I fiddled with my fingers not knowing how to respond to that.
He affect me in many ways. "I am not sure" I whispered and he smirked.
"Good" he said smirking and I was confused.
He leaned in more and his breath fanned my face. It was just a few inches between us. "Why_" I trailed off as his lips touched mine.
His lips brushed mine gently giving me a tantalizing taste of what was to come. He held me loose at first but as he deepened the kiss he pulled me close. Enveloping me in his fresh sandalwood scent.
His lips were soft and smooth. He bit on my lower lips urging me to open my mouth but I decided to play around a bit. He poked my side and I gasped giving him an opportunity to slide his tongue in.
We explored each other mouth and intertwined our tongues. I tasted whiskey he had in his mouth and I moaned.
We acted like we were needy of this.
A tingling sensation ran through my body as the kiss continued. Our bodies pressed together as our lips pressed together.
He placed one hand on my bare waist and didn't go any further from that. He traced his other trailed round my face. The kiss was tender and full of passion. I realized how much I missed this even though it is the second time it has happening.