Chapter|73a|

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and sighed.
I looked down my outfit and sighed again.
Would this actually be a good idea?
Another sigh!
I tugged at the hem of my shirt and sighed.
I put my hair into a ponytail and applied just lipgloss.
I put on my socks and white vans.
I grabbed a tote bag and put the necessary things inside.
I got out and headed to the bus stop.
The big game would be starting in about two hours and the location is about thirty minutes away from school.
I entered the bus and sighed again.
What if this is worst thing I have ever done in my life?
Ooh! You are about to find out.
Heck yeah!

I alighted from the bus and started the walk to my destination.
I stared at the huge gym building and sighed for the nth time.
It's now or never!
One thing is sure, I wouldn't let myself ruin his future.
I entered the building and walked to the place the game was going to be played.
A lot of people were already present on the bleachers and I continued the walk to the back.
I hid myself behind a rack of jersey and waited for most of the players to leave.
I moved out of my hiding spot and put my hand on the doorknob.
I took deep breaths and opened it.
The two people in the room looked surprised to see me and I closed the door behind me.
"I am only giving you a chance to play in the first half. If you don't perform well, I will be forced to substitute you with Kyle.
So don't blow it!" I heard coach say to him and gave him a pat on the shoulder.
His coach headed towards the door which was straight to me.
He eyed my outfit and rolled his eyes at me. "Do what you have to do"he mumbled as he walked past me. I didn't really understand but he walked out anyways.
I moved closer to him and fiddled with my fingers. "Hi" I facepalmed internally and he raised an eyebrow frowning.
"I don't even know how to say this" I grumbled.
"If you don't know what to say, am I allowed to leave?"he asked and I quickly shook my head.
"I am sorry" I continued and watched him fold his hands around his chest.
"For what exactly?"
"For screwing US up! For doing this to you! For hurting US! For blowing everything up within second! For not talking it out with you! For being so fucking selfish! For messing with your head and doing this to you! I AM SO SORRY" I wiped a lone tear and paused to catch my breath.
It wasn't easy to say all of that in one breath.
"Good for you. What do you mean by messing with my head? I am perfectly fine and I am doing alright. As you can see, I have moved on from you"he grumbled and I giggled.
"Oh yeah! That's why you only make out with girls when I am around. You only drive them out of school in your car only to drop them off. Or the fact that you have been at your worst here" I said and he scoffed.
"That doesn't mean it's any of your fucking business. It's my fucking problem so I can fix it by myself"he said and I puffed.
"It is my problem because I did this to you. You were the best boyfriend ever and I blew us up. You were prefect. You treated me so well. You were super caring! You were amazing. I was lucky to have you but I still pushed you away.
We are stupid! Humans are stupid and we tend to make stupid decisions"I smiled as some of our moments flashed in my head.

"You were never my problem. My failing grades was my fault. It was never yours to begin with. I was the one who didn't set my priority straight. You were able to balance three things together.
Your academics! Basketball! Our relationship! I just needed someone to put the blame on. I couldn't believe I was capable of failing. I thought I had it all under control but clearly I had nothing"I closed my eyes to stop the tears.

"What do you want right now? You want us to be together again? Didn't I tell you not to come back to me when you realized I was never the problem?"he said with a look I couldn't decipher and I nodded looking down.

"Can't we just go back to how we used to be before all of this? Couples fight but they make up"I grumbled and he scoffed.
"Oh yeah! So that if you need to pin a blame on someone again right? I will be the perfect person"
I let the tears flow and fought to urge to fall to the floor. "Are you still going to choose Stanford?"
"Yes"he said and I felt a little flicker of hope. "Not because of you. This school is nice and good for my career. Not everything is about you"he said and started walking towards the exit.
"Asher, STOP" I called and he stopped to turn back to me.
"You better have a good reason to stop me"
"I do"
"Which is?"he asked and I paused not sure if it is right to say this to him now.
"That's what I thought"he shook his head and placed his hand on the doorknob.
"I love you idiot" I screamed and he froze.
"You..love me" I would have made fun of him for stuttering if this was a whole different situation.
"How could I not? I don't know when and how. I know I love you so fucking much"I mumbled and waited for his answer.
"And I want you to shove that love down your ass"he grumbled and put his hand on the doorknob again.
"You do know you scream desperate and clingy ex girlfriend with that"he turned his head over his shoulder. I saw his lips twitched up and I blushed.
"I don't care what people think. I will be out cheering for you and I want you to kick their butts hard. Show 'em how it's done" I said and he rolled his eyes.
He walked out and I fell to the ground.
Is there really no future for us?
I have got no time to think about that right now.
I wiped my face and got up.
I heard the commentators as I walked out.
I headed to the bleachers and tried to locate my friends.
"Over here" I heard Amanda shrieked and saw her in a few distance waving a hand up. I shook my head and walked towards them. Girls were giving me a stink eye and started whispering to themselves.
"She is so dumb"

"Does she really think she is going to win him back with that?"

"He is mine you slut"

"Desperate girl"

"I bet she wants him back for his money"

"To bad I don't have that"

"I want them to get back together"

"Shut up dummy"

"She isn't the right one for him"

"If you fools have got something to say to me. Talk my shit right in front of me!
This is rather pathetic. You all should know you would only be a one time fling.
I was the main girl or I still am" I raised my voice making sure they all heard me loud and clear.
I settled beside Olive and gave her a small smile. "Why are you wearing his jersey?"Angela asked and I shrugged.
The boys were called in as the music started pounding loud. The lights flashing white and green.
I cheered loud. It made me look dumb but I don't give two fuck about that.
"Did you bring the poster?" I asked Olive and she nodded.
She handed it to me and I put it up.
Go Asher!
You can do it!
Show them who the boss is.
I wasn't good at art but I was commend myself on this one.
The whistle was blown and I was up on my feet holding a hand to my face. I put the other one on my waist silently hoping he would play well.
I really do hope he plays well this time.
HE CAN'T LOSE THIS SCHOLARSHIP
The ball was tossed in the air to start the game.
"This is one of the biggest game in the history of the nationals high school basketball. This is the first time the two teams have never won the cup before"one of the commentators said as the ball was deflected to the opponent. It was dribbled and passed between them. I groaned as the team managed to make a basket within few minutes.
"Both teams are good so this is going to be a very tough game"another commented and I puffed.
I looked around and held my fingers together.
He really must win this.

This is the first part of this chapter!
I want to give an insight into Asher's head about this.
Don't
       Forget  
                    To
                       Vote
                            And
                               Comment
Xoxo
~Aridah.