Chapter|14|

"Please I have got better things to do than follow you around. I didn't know anyone else was going to be here" I scoffed as I held his gaze.
"Good to know. Just pretend I am not here and I will do the same"he said ducking his head back into the water.
That isn't the hardest thing on earth and it is not like I am dying to talking to you.
Of course you are not.
I blew my hair from my mouth frowning at the change of situation.
I hope my feelings for him are dropping now that I know he is an ass.
It is hard to pretend he isn't here. I just want a calm time to myself but I think that is too much to ask for.
I can't help but think about the certain guy in that water. My mind is going the wrong way. Now I am thinking about how his wet hair makes him look like a model.
And that shirtless chest even though I didn't see it well is already haunting me.
Why did he also have to come here?
I jumped into the lake swimming far away from him enjoying the peace that comes with it. It did calm my nerves and I am in a much better mood to meet with those girls. I know they have my best interest at heart but it annoys me when they go overboard with it.
I think you should be grateful you have finally got real friends.
I didn't really have close friends growing up. I wasn't antisocial and tried my best to befriend people.
I was the girl people made fun of because I have always been book smart.
Nerd!
Teacher's pet!
Stuck up!
Dictionary!
Naive!
Stupid!
The names I used to get called rang in my ears. I wasn't sure how to behave when I transferred here and I was so sure it was going to be worse. I couldn't reject the scholarship when my parents were so happy I was getting a taste of luxury. Something they couldn't afford so I have to school here. I thought everyone was going to rich snobs but they proved me wrong and showed me what true friendship was all about. Maybe that was why I was skeptic to tell them about my crush. I was scared they were going to judge me but they did the complete opposite.
My eyes were glossy now but I tried blinking back the tears.
Now is not the time to reminisce on bad memories.
You are strong. Don't you dare go all emotional on me. I really hate it.
Really surprised that you are comforting me.
I always got your back.
I chuckled lightly amused at my subconscious. Now that is a first.
I have to be like this once in a while and I wouldn't like you getting used to it. I am still here to haunt you!
I shake my head lightly and opened my eyes. I saw Asher staring at me.
When did he get out of the water?
He must think I am some kind of weirdo. Like who cries in a pool?
Technically you didn't cry.
I almost did. I ducked my head into the water attempting to wash all form of sadness from my face.
As if that is possible but it is always nice to try the impossible.
I am glad that I don't have makeup on because I can't start to imagine what I had look like.
I was starting to feel cold so I made the move to get out of the water.
I didn't stare at him and I was more focused on getting my clothes on quickly. I am sure I don't look like the average girls he has been with.
I settled on the grass away from him staring into nothing.
"I don't actually tell people off. I was just in a bad mood yesterday. I don't do that especially to girls" he said softly winking at me as he drawled out the last part.
That he was making a conversation with me is enough to put me on the edge.
And he felt the need to justify his actions to ME.
"Well you don't transfer aggression on people" I replied softly staring at him for a minute. I quickly tear my gaze and stared back at the lake.
I will embarrass myself if I continue to stare into his eyes.
"Noted" he muttered loudly.
"Have your basketball skills improved? I am still looking forward to that match" he said after a while and my jaw dropped. He remembers. "Y.o.u" I stuttered facepalming myself internally.
"Of course I do. I would never forget a face like yours" he said smirking and I realized he was flirting. He was like a feet away from me now and I can't even tell how we got here.
Boy I like you but I am not stupid enough to throw myself at you. "Good to know" I said and he cocked an eyebrow at me.
"What you say? We head_" I cut him off by start to giggle. This whole thing is hilarious. To think he wants me to sleep with him after he told me off last night.
I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at his attempt. I am sure this line get every girl. To me, it sounds funny and lame.
"I am still not interested" I groaned out and he looked shock. I bet I was the first girl to reject his offer. "You are going to miss an opportunity to experience this amazing art" he said shocked like he couldn't believe I was rejecting him.
"Sorry to burst your bubble but I aren't interested" I said smirking. He always have girls coming on to him and me rejecting him is really doing a number on him. "You serious?"he said with a look I can't decipher. "Not all girls is smitten by you" I said even though that is a big lie.
"You gay or something?" he asked and I started laughing. "I am straight" I replied as my lips quirk upward amused.
He is so funny and this is the kind of conversation I dreamt about. Something was really off about him last night. What could have happened to him? He is his normal self right now.
"See you around" he said standing up and I frowned.
He is leaving already and here I was thinking that ... "To think there is someone who can actually reject me" he muttered under his breath along with a few curses as he started walking back.
I threw my head back laughing at the whole conversation because I still find it funny. He actually hit on me!
I think he does that to all girls so it isn't much of a big deal.
I never thought he will hit on me so let me have this moment.
I stared at the sky and sighed. We leave this place tomorrow and I will really miss this lake. I am curious about our next destination but they wouldn't even give us a clue. I am happy I am not spending a penny on all this.
I ran my hand through my hair trying to get the water out. I hope the next destination is going to be an hotel because I am craving for a real shower.
I stand up after a while decided to head back. The bonfire is starting soon and I groaned remembering I am going to meet those wolves soon.
By that I mean my friends.
"Where have you been? We have been looking everywhere for you" Amanda said immediately she spotted me entering the tent. "I made a quick dash to the lake" I replied fiddling with my fingers.
I made them worry for nothing. "No problem but next time please inform us of your whereabouts" Lily said and I nodded agreeing with her.
"We are choosing our outfits for the party. Should we match or we should dress differently?" Angela asked .
"I am not sure what we should do" Lily said before focusing her attention back on her phone.
"I think we should dress differently. It will be kinda weird to wear the same thing" Rose said and I nodded agreeing with her.
"If that is the case then we should get our clothes out. We will choose together. We still need to do our makeup and hair" Angela shrieked and I groaned.
She ran out probably to her tent with Rose. I headed to my sleeping bag and settled down on it. Left to me, I will just put on a hoodie and joggers for this party.
I am definitely not doing any makeup.
Why the need for makeup? We are just stepping outside our tent and having a simple bonfire party. Not like I have been to a party so I don't get the whole stuff.
"Stephanie get your clothes out" Angela shouted at me immediately she entered.
I really hate this.
It annoys me.
I have got no choice in all of this.
I sighed and opened my box getting my clothes out. "Is this nice?" Angela asked holding up a blouse with beige cardigan and denim skirts.
The outfit is cute . "It is nice" I replied and she gave me a suspicious look.
I want nothing that to finish this dumb dress up so I think she knows.
She can show me a garbage bag and I will tell her she looks good in it.
"You will look great in it" Amanda said and Angela smiled at her making me snort. She glared at me.
"Your turn" Angela said to Amanda.
This is gonna be a long day!
——————————————————————————————————————————
We got our clothes and I now we are doing our makeup. I tried to protest but they weren't having it.
So here I am getting my face caked. I specifically told them I want something simple which I hope they heed to.
"Done"Amanda said and handed me a mirror.
I gasped at the girl that stared back at me.
My makeup looked almost natural. She put a little blush on my cheek, made my eyes a smokey look of making my eyes pop. She applied a light shade of pink lipstick. My hair was let down with waves at the end.
"Thank you" I said still in awe.
We had few minutes to the bonfire.
My makeup was the last one to be done.
We stripped to put on our outfits.
Mine is just a cropped blue T-shirt and black jeans with my vans.
"Let's get this show on the road" Angela squealed and I shake my head at her.
I am starving.
Let's see what this night has in store for us.

I laughed while writing this chapter.
Asher is very funny but he has never been rejected. So I hope you get where he is coming from.
That is all on this chapter.
I will try to update again this week.
Don't
Forget
To
Comment
And
Vote
Xoxo
~Aridah.