Chapter|16|

I gulped down the water and massaged my throat. I don't really like waking up before morning but I was feeling thirsty.
I checked the time and realized that it is just 1am.
I snuggled back into the sleeping bag careful not to wake Amanda sleeping soundly beside me.
I kept tossing around but sleep wasn't coming my way.
I tiptoed round the tent careful not to wake the girls up and headed outside.
I wrapped my hands around myself and turned towards the fire pit.
I settled down on the blanket and stared up at the sky.
I pointed out some of the constellation and named some of them in my mind.

"Couldn't sleep?"a voice asked and I jumped slightly since I wasn't expecting anyone.
I wasn't expecting this at all.
This was suppose to be my alone time.
"Yeah"I replied after a while sitting up.
She settled down beside me staring at me. "Same here. I am really thinking about where our next destination would be. I will really like Hawaii" Angela blabbered and I sighed.
Just my luck!
"They wouldn't even give us an hint. The suspense is killing" I added tucking my hands into my hoodie.
"Like"she replied holding out her hands for emphasis. "Do you know anything we can do to kill time?"she asked and I pursed my lips trying to come up with ideas. I was blank . "No" I replied.
"Do you like anybody?" I blurted out.
I am actually curious because I haven't seen her in a relationship before. Never heard she dated someone so you understand where I am coming from.
"Why do you ask?"she asked.
"I am just curious"
"I don't like anybody. The last time I had a crush was when I was 13 but he broke my heart. He was my best friend but he got together with a friend of mine. They moved away but I don't blame them. I didn't tell him about my feelings. I haven't felt the same way about anyone after that"she explained.
"Wow"I said not knowing the right way to respond to that. "Yeah. Why do you like Asher?" she asked sharing the same curious look as me a few minutes ago.
I sighed as I think. "I can't come up with anything. I just like him. It was attraction at first sight and now I can't get him out of my mind. I feel hurt when I see him with other girls. He isn't mine so he has the right to do whatever he wants. Why him? I always ask myself. Why not someone with less drama? Someone that has my kind of personality. He has me hooked" I blabbered out.
It is nice to finally share my thoughts with someone. "We can't always control our feelings. I didn't plan to fall for my best friend, he just happened. He isn't to be blamed and I had no right to push them away because of it. I did it anyway because it was the only way I could protect myself"she replied in a low voice.
She is different from the girl she portrays herself as tonight. Looks like we all have different shades but we choose to hide them. "Let's head back, we have a long day tomorrow" she said quickly and walked away.
I stared at her retreating figure before deciding to join her.
We entered the tent and I settled back into my sleeping bag.

——————————————————————————————————————————
"Don't you dare splash water at me"Amanda warned but I did it anyways.
"You are so going to regret that"she hissed and swam towards me.
We engaged in a water fight and it was really so much fun. Our other friends joined in. In a few hours, we are going to be leaving this place that as serve as an home to us for the past two days.
We got out of the lake and headed back to the camping area.
I decided on a high waisted ripped jeans and black T-shirt paired with black sneakers. I quickly make a set of Dutch braids on each side and tie the ends with my scrunchies.
I applied lipgloss, mascara and eyeliner.
I dragged my box out of the tent and walked over to my friends.
"Hey boys" I grinned out giving them both a side hug. I haven't really seen them in the past days. "How you doing?"Rob asked and I gave a thumbs up.
I grabbed a plate of pancakes off the table and took a bite.
"We are leaving in half an hour. Recheck your tents to be sure you leave nothing behind" Daniel's voice boomed.
My phone pinged in my pocket and I realized it is a message from my mom.
I am alright. Have fun - mom.
I put my phone away and finished my food.

Knowing AsherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara