Chapter|61|

"I got a C" I said unconsciously raising my voice up. The teacher gave me a look as if to say obviously.
"I don't know what is wrong with you these days. This is unlike you. I was disappointed when I saw your answer. You better remove all kind of distractions in your life before the final exam"the teacher said and I sighed.
"Can I retake the test?" I asked fiddling with my fingers.
"I am afraid not"he replied shaking his head and walked out.
I continued staring at the script not believing it. I tried to remember the events of the day I took the test.
Asher and I had a brief make out session before the class and I didn't even remember we had a test. I tried my best but I haven't been studying much in a while. I went back to my seat and buried my face in my hands.
This is horrible!
I got a C!
The door opened and I didn't bother looking at the intruder. "Show me your script Stephanie, I am sure you aced it as usual"Ian said as the chair next to me dragged towards me.
I felt him collect the script from me and gasped. I finally turned to face him and saw that Olive was also with him. "How can you get a C? You were even the one that tutor us both. I thought..like I even got a B for the first time in this class" Ian said and a lone tear escaped from my eyes. "Congrats" I said but my voice came out raspy. I feel bad more than I felt when I got detention.
"I am sorry"he replied and I shrugged not sure how to respond to that.
"Thanks for your help, I got an A"Olive said with a sad smile and I mirrored her expression.
"I have got a class now and the teacher doesn't takes latecomers" Ian said standing up and I nodded in understanding.
"I..also..have.a.class.right now"Olive said.
"You guys can leave, I will be fine" I said and they waved. I watched them leave and stared hard at my script. How?Did?Why? I get this mark.
I squeezed the script and tossed it into my bag.
I stood up and cleaned my face incase some lone tears has escaped from my eyes and walked out.
"There you are, I was just about looking for you"a voice said behind me as I walked towards my locker.
I turned around and the person's smile disappeared. "What happened to you?"he asked put his hands on my shoulder. "Nothing, I am alright" I said with a fake smile and he frowned.
"You are lying, I know you well enough to know that. So why are you sad cupcake?"he asked and I sighed.
I reached for my bag and handed him the crumbled paper. He opened it and I saw his eyes widened.
"A C?"I nodded and he shook his head.
"How did this happen?"he asked and I fiddled with my fingers.
"I don't even know. Like I have never forgotten I had a test then we made out just before it. I think that messed with my thought like I am not even sure of what I am saying. Like I got a C? Like this is so bad. Do you know how... I never imagined that" I clamped my mouth shut to stop myself from rambling.
I stared at his face waiting for his response. He just pulled me to his chest patting my hair. I tried to blink back the tears but it wasn't working. I wiped my eyes but I managed to stain his shirt with my eyes. I pulled away staring at my mess. "I am so sorry I ruined your shirt" I said putting my a hand in my hair.
"You are worth more than a shirt"he said and I smiled.
"Should I take you away from here?"he said and I contemplated against it.
"I still have classes after this free period" I said not wanting to miss any class. I haven't missed any and I am started failing.
"You are not in the right frame of mind for that. I doubt that you would be able to grasp anything in those classes"he said and I sighed.
"Fine, where are we going?"I asked.
"Outside school"he said and I gasped. I thought when he said let me take you away from here that he was talking about somewhere in school. "We are not going to get a note because we don't have any excuse for that" I said.
"We are going to sneak out of school. I know a secret passage. Trust me, I have done this countless times and have never been caught"he said and I pursed my lips to think.
If I go to class, I would still be thinking about this. If he takes me somewhere nice then I might forget about the whole thing and study more with a new determination.
"Fine" I said and he laced our fingers together.
"Let's go" he said and I followed. We walked through hallways and entered a empty room. We stood in front of a wall and I raised an eyebrow. "This is where the secret passage is located"he said and I stared at him amused. "Do you think it's possible to travel through the wall?We don't have magic Ash, we are not in a fantasy novel or movie"I said massaging my temples while he chuckled.
"We are not traveling through the wall cupcake"he smirked and pushed the wall slightly. It gave out to reveal a well hidden door. I stared in shock because I have never seen anything like it. He turned the door knob and it opened. He turned on his phone torch because the passage was dark. "Come on"he said and tugged me along. "Does the school know about this place?"I asked whispering as we moved through the dark passage. "I guess. I think they built this place as an escape route in times of trouble"he replied and I nodded agreeing with his theory. "How did you find this place?" I asked curious to know because it was well hidden. I would never have thought it led to a secret passage.
"One day, the guys and I decided not to go to class and chilled on the field. We saw a guard approaching and didn't want to get into trouble. We just ran and came across the room. Daniel rested his back on this wall and it gave way. We entered curious to know where it led to"he replied as we got to another door. He opened it and I gasped. "Where is this place?" I asked as we arrived in a changing room.
"This is small retail shopping mall but it has been locked up"he said as we walked out. The place was empty, it didn't look like a shopping mall. There were cobwebs and dirt on the wall which showed it hasn't be used for a long time.
We walked out and I didn't recognize where we were. I noticed a car in front of the place.
Did the school official catch up on us?
We are so dead.
I fiddling with my fingers and bit my lips.
"That's our ride"he said and I stared at him confused.
"I couldn't ask any of my family drivers to pick up because my dad is going to find out that i sneaked out of school. So I ordered an Uber"he explained and I finally understood.
He opened the door for me and I got in placing my backpack on my laps. I greeted the driver with a polite nod and he did the same. Asher got in and the car started.
"Where are we going?"I asked and shrugged. I pouted and turned to the window while he got busy on his phone.
My phone buzzed and I reached for it in my pocket. Amanda texted me.
You and Asher are not in chem. So are you guys getting dirty?- Am
You are so dirty minded girl -
Her reply came almost immediately,
Where are you then? -Am
Asher and I sneaked out of school - Am
What?' How did you not get caught? -L
Amanda must have told them because Lily sent that message through our group chat.
I was scared when he asked us to sneak out but we escaped through a secret passage - S
A what?! - R
A secret passage which leads to a deserted shopping mall - S
Wow! You must show me where that is - Ag
Why did you guys leave school on a Monday? That is so unlike you-Am
I sighed remembering it all again.
I got a C so he wanted to cheer me up by taking me out - S
A what?! -R
I giggled in my head that my friends are also as shock as I am.
C. IN MATH! ):-
S
That's shocking!! - Ag
Don't think about it too much, I am sure this is going to be the first and the last time you will get a C - Am
Yeah! I still need to help you with your speech as the valedictorian:)-R
I smiled at their ways of trying to cheer me up.
Aren't you guys in class right now? -S
Yh but I can multitask- Am
You girls are the worst): - S
Oh you mean BEST -Ag
Yh! Duh! Goodbye ladies - S
Xoxo - Ag
Make babies while you are out - Am
We will do that for you - S
Yay, I am going to be a aunt soon - Am
Congrats): - S
I shook my head amused as I re-read the chats. This girls never fail to amaze me.
"Why are you smiling like you won a lottery?"Asher said and I felt his breath on my neck. I turned and stared at his lips that was just few inches from mine. He wasn't looking at me rather at my phone.
I quickly switched off the phone because those were my private chats with my friends. "Mhmm"he said and moved a bit making me sigh in relief. Having him so close always messes with my thinking.
"We are planning on making babies now"he smirked and the driver coughed out. I stared at the man through the rearview mirror and watched his face turn red. Asher merely chuckled making me blush. "And we are going to do just that because some people are anxious"he said smirking and I choked.
"You weren't..suppose..to read.that" I said in a low voice fiddling with my fingers.
"Yeah I am sorry. I was just curious to know why you were smiling so much. I told you were reading something funny and turns out you were doing exactly that"he replied and I pouted.
"I am sure you boys always chat about stuffs like this" I said arching an eyebrow as I turned to face him. This is my way of trying to change the topic and I hope it works. "Nope. We too cool for that"he replied with a smug look and I scoffed.
"You guys are just being girly"he added and I frowned. "Girl stuffs and all"he piped in and I rolled my eyes.
"Where are we heading to?"I asked and he shrugged with a smile. "It's been thirty minutes already" I grumbled and continued staring at the window.
I sighed and rested my head on the headrest. I closed my eyes and hummed in my head.
********
"You sleep too much"a voice mumbled as I felt hands shaking me.
"What?!"I grumbled not waking up and turned to the outside.
"You are going to miss the surprise at this rate"the person's breath was fanning my ear making me cuss.
I slowly opened my eyes and came in contact with a pair of eyes staring down at me. "Thank God"the person said and I sat up straight.
I rubbed my eyes and covered my mouth as I let out a yawn.
"We are here"Asher said getting out of the car and I followed suit.
The Central Park.
"You brought me here again" I grinned staring up at it. The memories started flowing into my head.
Our first date!
Where he asked me out!
When we started dating!
When Ashnie came to life!
He snaked his hands around my waist and leaned his chin on my shoulder. "What better way to cheer you up than bringing you to the place where it all started"he mumbled and I turned around.
I held his face in my hand and kissed him briefly. "Thank you" I said grinning.
"I love you doing that anytime I do something for you"he smiled and I blushed. He pulled my cheeks chuckling and led me inside.
He led me to the zoo and I squealed excited to see the animals. "You such a child"he mumbled as he paid for tickets.
We entered and I was awed by the different species of animals.
The polar bears, snow lions and different kinds of birds. The part I liked most was feeding the penguins and sea lions. My first time of seeing the sea lions.
We headed to the skating rink next and I smiled remembering the day he taught me how to skate.
"Do you still remember how to do this?"he asked as we put on our skating shoes. "Obviously"I said with a duh tone.
I finished putting on the skates and heading to the skating arena.
I placed one leg on ice and then the other. My feet's were wobbly on it and I had to hold on to the rails. I tried to move around while holding the rails. I heard music was playing from somewhere which was calming. I took a deep breath and removed my hands off the rail. I moved around with a ounce of confidence. I moved in circles and didn't fall. I held on to the rails and looked around for Asher. I learnt my lesson the last time I tried to talk while still being an amateur.
He was standing close to the ice with his hands over his chest. "I am doing it"I smiled and he smiled in response.
"I am a great teacher so I am not surprised" he replied and I rolled my eyes. Cocky much!
"Why are you standing over there? Come join me" I said and he got on the ice. He moved towards me backwards and I frowned. Showoff!
Jealous!
We skated around but he did some skillful moves which I didn't bother trying. I am not planning on getting myself injured on the ice.
"That's enough" I huffed getting off the ice. I was tired of him doing everything skillful while I was just getting the hang of it. I removed the shoes and put my sandals back on. It completed my blouse and denim skirt.
He rolled his eyes at me and changed back into his converse.
We walked out and he led the way to wherever we were heading to.
He stopped at the Summit Rock and I smiled in content. There was a mat and basket on the floor just like the last time. I settled down and he settled across me. "How did you manage to plan all of this?" I asked surprised.
"Just had to make a few calls"he replied and opened the basket.
He took out two plates and placed turkey sandwich on them. He handed me a plate and I smiled. I took a bite and moaned.
"It's yummy"
"Everything is sweet in your mouth"
"You should learn to compliment your food"
"It's not like it has mouth to reply"
"It's a normal thing to do" I grumbled and took another bite.
He passed a cup of orange juice and I accepted it. I took a sip feeling content.
We finished that and he placed a slice of my favorite cake in my plate. He typed away on his phone for some time before focusing on his cake. "I hope you don't have practice today because I don't want you to upset your coach" I said after checking my phone. School finished ten minutes ago. "Nah. Even if I do, your happiness comes first"he said and my heart rate went overboard with those simple words. I am liking him too much.
"How are you so good with word?" I asked as I took the last bite from my cake.
"It is all part of my charms"he smirked and sipped his juice.
"I like it"
"Girls always like it" I frowned at his words and he moved closer. "And you are the only one that has managed to make me feel like this" he added and I smiled at that. "I don't wish for that to change" I mumbled and he chuckled.
"Have you decided on which college to go?" I asked curious to know. I want us to go to Stanford together but if he wants somewhere else. I hope we will be able to make the long distance relationship work.
"I am thinking of choosing Stanford"he replied and my eyes widened.
"Really?"I asked and he nodded.
"We can continue being the 'it' couple there"he chuckled and I joined in.
"Pretty sure this is not what people define as the 'it' couple. It's more like you with the likes of Katrina" her name left a bad foul in my mouth but I chose to ignore it.
"That's cliche"
"That wouldn't change what people think"
"I don't care about what people think"he mumbled and laid his head on my laps.
I moved my hands through his hair and he smiled closing his eyes. I tried to tame the messy hair but it wouldn't budge. "You never tried gelling your hair?" I asked and he opened a eye.
"I hate it. I love this look better" he replied closing his eyes again.
"I can't even imagine you like that" I giggled trying to imagine him with a gelled hair.
"My mom used to do that when I was a kid. My usual look when we attend those boring functions. When I turned ten, I call it quit because girls liked my messy hair better" he smirked not opening his eyes. "You been a badass from ten"I said and he hummed.
"I will ask your mom to show me one of those pictures of you with gelled hair" I said. "She must have some of those pictures somewhere" he said.
"What about you? What were you doing at that age?"he asked and I sighed.
"I didn't really have friends growing up. I was kinda bullied because I was book smart since I was little. I was a little Miss-know-it-all so kids my age hated me for it. It was same in middle school and I was surprised when I got asked out. I thought the same was going to happen in Starlight. I imagined a lot of rich brats but my friends changed my thoughts a bit" I explained and he gave me a look I couldn't decipher. "That sucks. I don't know why people thought it was nice to bully you because you were book smart. I think they should have been happy they had you in their midst. To explain things to them not bully you for your smart brain" he said frowning and I smiled.
"I came here and I met you all" I said and he smiled looking up at me.
"That's true"he said and I leaned down to peck his lips. "Too short"he mumbled and I rolled my eyes.
"You owe me"he said getting up.
I stood up and arranged the leftovers neatly into the basket. "It's getting dark so we should head home"he said and I nodded in agreement.
I folded the mat and he helped me with it. We headed out of the Central Park. I was shocked when I saw his car parked outside. "How did?..When did? Who did?" I blurted unable to form a complete sentence. "I had Daniel bring it over" he said and unlocked it with the keys. I nodded and entered the car. "When I handed you the cake slice"he explained as he started the car.
"Wow" I replied unsure of what to say.
I stared out smiling in content. He did all of this to cheer me up. He deserves the award for the best boyfriend ever. He treats me so well that I don't remember we are two different worlds. Our status can't be measured together. He has a wonderful family who also accepted me without thinking about my family status.
Now we are going to the same college and I am confident he would also get a basketball scholarship. He is so good so that is a sure deal.
We continue our relationship and marry afterwards. I still want three kids; two girls and a boy. The imagination is so vivid that I think it's real sometimes.
He was able to take my mind off the C but I know I have gotta work hard. Study more to continue being at the top.
I don't want to lose my scholarship so I better focus on my book.
I pouted as he drove into my familiar neighborhood because I wanted to spend more time with him.
What about studying?
That can wait!
Wow!
He pulled up in front of my house and I got down. He got holding the basket and extended it to me. "You like the sandwich so much so you can have the remaining"he said and I smiled taking it.
"You arranged so much in just a short time. I really appreciate all this. I really needed that" I said and he smiled.
"You are my girlfriend"he said with a pointed look and I giggled.
"Thank you"I said and he raised an eyebrow. "Your way of thanking me"he frowned and I rolled my eyes.
I leaned forward and kissed me. I was about to pull away but he took control placing a hand on my waist pulling me closer. I held the basket in one hand and allowed the other roamed around through his chest feeling his muscles tense up under my touch. He moved from my lips and kissed my chin all the way to my collarbone. He kissed my neck and sucked it a bit. He moved back and smirked. "Now that's is the perfect way to say thank you" he said and I rolled my eyes.
He stared at my neck and I sighed.
"Let me guess you made a hickey on my neck"I said he nodded with a smirk.
He pecked my lips and my neck. "Sweet dreams cupcake" he said and I watched him entered his car. He honked once and drove out. I smiled and walked into my house. I put the basket on the kitchen counter and placed my backpack on the couch. I headed to the bathroom to check the mark and blushed upon looking at it.
Boys!
I am wearing a turtleneck tomorrow to hide this. I must wear a hoodie tonight to hide this from my parents.
I like it!
I like him!
An established fact girl.
I just like the sound of it each time.
Obviously!

She got a C? Damn!
Happy new month to you all.
I welcome you all to the month of love. Valentine is coming!
Don't
Forget
To
Vote
And
Comment
Xoxo
~Aridah.