Chapter|38|

Can I come pick you up? -A.
I squealed in delight immediately the text came in but made sure to muffle it into my pillow.
Can't have my mom barging into my room and asking me why I am busy screaming at 7am.
You still have to reply him.
I cleared my throat and grabbed my phone.
Yes you can - S.
I tapped my phone continuously waiting for his reply. Why does he always take years to reply.
Finally, his reply came after six minutes.
I tried not to count but it was difficult.
Cool, will see you in 30 - A.
With a wide smile on my face, I walked to my wardrobe.
I am aiming for a cute and nice outfit. I don't wanna look like I tried to hard.
Are you not?
Nope!
Not the one!
This isn't...
Almost !
Finally!
I headed to the bathroom and took a quick shower.
I decided on a tank top and a cute cardigan on top with a flare skirt stopping inches above my knees. I paired it up with a knee boot.
I decided to let my hair down. I made sure his necklace was on display. I have been wearing it since he gave it to me. I just normally tuck it into the cloth I wear.
I applied mascara, eyeliner and dark red lipstick.
I have got just five minutes more before his arrival.
I grabbed my backpack and headed outside.
I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl immediately I got the kitchen. "The bus isn't going to leave now so I don't get why you are in an hurry"my mom said making me turn to her.
"A friend is coming to pick me up" I said and took a bite from the apple.
"That necklace" my mom started but I wasn't listening.
I am here - A.
I don't know why my heart always skips a beat when I see his name.
"Mom, I am going to tell you everything when I come back. My friend is here now. Gotta go. Love you" I quickly rushed out and hurried outside.
I closed the door behind me and took a deep breath.
I removed imaginary dirt from my cloth and headed towards him. "Hey" he said and scanned my body.
I squirmed a little under his gaze. "You look beautiful" he commented and my cheeks tinted pink.
"Thank you, you look good too" I said after giving him a once over.
A grey sweatshirt and matching shorts pairing it up with his expensive Nike sneakers and socks.
He has his usual tousled hair on his head and his necklace hanging out on his shirt.
I can see he decided to wear my bracelet today. Looks like we think alike.
"Let's get going"he said and opened the door for me.
I thanked him and he went over to his side. He got into the car and put the key into the ignition.
I noticed this car has a different interior from the last one.
God! I wanna be rich.
He keeps changing cars like clothes.
"Do you want to grab breakfast first?" he said and I turned to him.
"Yeah sure" I replied putting a strand of hair behind my ear.
Thank goodness for that since I wasn't able to eat something at home.
I stared out through the window enjoying the scenery.
He drove into a nice looking cafe and looked for a parking spot. The cafe shop was really packed.
We got down, Actually he opened the door for me and we waited in the line.
"Hey, What can I get for you this..." the barista trailed off leaning against the counter flashing us, I mean Asher her asset.
Why can't we get a responsible barista?
Now I am to deal with this again.
That is the price you have to pay for hanging out with an hottie.
"We've never been here so what do you recommend?" Asher said putting his hands in his pockets.
"Everything is nice and tasty just like me" she purred and his lips twitched up.
"Good" he said and turned to me.
"Babe, what do you want?" he said and I swallowed.
Did he just ...
"Babe?" The girl said with a hint of disgust giving me a once over.
"My girl, do you have a problem?" he said giving her a look.
"No. I . It's. What. Your order please?" she blabbered and glared at me.
"We will take the two to- go Frappuccinos and muffins" I said and she typed it furiously.
Slow down girl!
Asher paid the bills and I felt pity for the register.
"Enjoy" she said with a fake smile as she handed us our order.
Asher collected it with one hand and held my hand with the other.
Tingles erupted making me blush a little.
I could get used to this everyday.
We went back to the car park and he opened the door for me as usual.
Are we seriously not going to talk about this? This is not the first time he calls me his girl and I need to know if he really means it.
He got into the car and started it.
I keep glancing at him wishing I could read what was going through that pretty head of his. "Why do you keep staring at me like that?" he asked with a little chuckle not bothering to look at me.
"Wishing I could read your mind" I blurted out before I could stop myself and facepalmed.
I didn't just say that.
"What?" he said and turned to face me. He raised an eyebrow before turning back to the road.
"Nothing" I replied and reached for the drink. I sipped it and stuffed the muffins in my mouth.
I moaned lowly cause it is really good.
"That good huh?" he said and I turned to him. He was driving with one hand and running the other one through his hair.
"Yeah, you should try it"
"I can't do that while driving" he said and I facepalmed.
"Lemme take over" I said with a smile and he gave me a can you drive? look.
"Of course I can't. Just joking" I said and giggled lightly.
"You are 17 right" he said and I nodded.
"You need to learn how to drive" he said and I scoffed internally.
Like I have a car to drive.
I will be turning 18 in few months and can't wait.
This is going to be a lot.
College acceptance!
Graduation!
Prom!
He drove into the school and pulled over in the carpark. He grabbed his Frappuccino and took a sip.
I waited for his reaction as he took a bite of the muffin. "So?" I asked smiling and he stared at me with a look I couldn't decipher.
"It's okay" he replied and continued eating.
"You kidding me? Just okay" I gasped not believing it and he just shrugged.
I shook my head and just turned my head to the window.
"We can get out now" he said after a while and I opened the door.
I got out and waited for him. "You could have let me open the door like a perfect gentleman" he said giving me a lopsided grin and I snorted.
"I have perfectly working hands" I joked and he just stared at me probably amused.
People walked past us and started whispering to each other.
Can't they mind their goddamn business?
"Let's go in" he said and I nodded agreeing with him.
I strapped my backpack and we walked in beside each other.
There were a lot of murmuring as we walked past.
"What do you have?" he asked stopping to face me.
"English" I replied.
"Same here. I must tell you I don't like the teacher" he said and I giggled.
Of course! He is always putting him in detention.
We walked in and I settled in my perfect seat. He sits down behind me and I raised an eyebrow at him. "I wanna be close to you" he whispered flashing his signature smirk and my heart fluttered.
He better mean everything he says or I will be the one to murder him.
What?!
I am just joking. I can't even kill a cockroach.
I don't want him sitting behind me because he is distracting. I remember the last time that happened, I couldn't grasp a thing the teacher was saying.
Daniel and Matthew walked in and sat beside Asher. They were whispering so low that I couldn't hear them.
Boys!
Girls!
The teacher walked in and started teaching. I glanced back for a second curious to see what he was doing. He was busy sketching in his note.
I hope the teacher doesn't catch him.
If the teacher saw him, he didn't seem to care and continued explaining the topic.
He gave us the script to our last test and I got an A as usual.
I turned and gave him a look as if to say what did you get?
You just turned it towards me and I saw a C. I smiled and turned back.
The bell rang and I packed my books.
"What is your last class before lunchtime?" he said and I turned to him.
"Calculus, what's wrong?".
"I just want to escort you to lunch" he said and I smiled.
"Why thank you" I said appreciating his little gesture.
Just ask me out already. We are practically a couple now.
Are you?
We are!
We act like couples. He picks me up and drops off.
He buys me stuffs.
He compliments me.
He flirts.
He kisses me.
I think that is telling me something.
Or you just have it on planned in your head?
"See you in a few hours" he said and kissed my forehead.
He walked out and kept looking at his retreating figure.
Keep staring and you are going to be late for your next class.
Oh shit! I facepalmed and hurried out.
I have got Biology now.
I ran to my next class and stopped in front of the class. I composed myself before opening the door.
Surprisingly, she wasn't there yet so I just took a seat beside Rob. "Hey" he said as I settled down.
"Hi" I replied.
"Have you prepared for the test?" he asked and I nodded.
"Wow. I am not really understanding anything in this note" he groaned.
"Let me explain to you" I said moving close and he gave me a thank you smile.
I tried to make him understand everything in ten minutes.
"I understand better. Thank you very much" he said and I shrugged.
Mrs Molly entered and the class became quiet. She handed us the test papers. "You have got just twenty minutes for this test and your time starts now" she announced and received few groans.
I finished in exactly fifteen minutes and looked around. Some were struggling, some on the verge of tears, some kept scribbling down and Rob fell in that category. Happy I could be of help to him.
"Time is up" she announced and started collecting the papers.
I grabbed my backpack and waited for Rob to finish. "Thank you so much for that. Now I am sure I will get a B or C" he said and I smiled.
"I have art next so bye" he said and I waved goodbye to him.
Just two more classes before I see him again. We are going to walk to the cafeteria and people are going to whisper all over again.
People will always gossip. You should be used to that by now.
———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-
"Hey" he said immediately he spotted me coming out of the class.
The smile is flashing me is really making me feel giddy inside.
"Hi" I replied lowly tucking strands of hair behind my ear.
"So?"he said and I nodded hoping he meant that we should get going.
"Would you like to sit at my table today?"he asked and I almost crashed into his back due to his abrupt stop.
"What?" I asked not believing my ears.
"You know sit at my table with the rest of the team and cheerleaders" he explained putting his hands in his pocket.
That is overwhelming and I don't think I am ready for that.
The whole stares!
"You don't have to if you don't want to. I guess it can be a little overwhelming" he mumbled and my eyes widened.
How on earth did he hear that?
Can he read minds now?
"No I can't read minds . You are talking aloud" he smirked and I put a hand on my temple in embarrassment.
Shit I mumbled under my breath.
"You are funny"he said staring at me.
"Thank you" I mumbled not meeting his eyes. I really like embarrassing myself when I am with him.
"Let's go" he said and I nodded.
We walked together into the cafeteria and it became so silent you can hear a pin drop. "I would like if you guys can stop staring at us like that. You are really putting me on the edge because it is annoying. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?"Asher's voice boomed through the cafeteria which made some people cower in fear.
His words actually had an effect on them.
They carried on like we aren't there but I can still feel some staring at me.
We collected our food tray and I waved goodbye to him.
I joined my friends and the girls winked at me. "Him defending you like that is hot. How did you manage to badge him?"Amanda squealed .
"I don't know" I murmured and popped fries in my mouth.
"Holy shit" Angela shrieked and I raised an eyebrow at her.
"Why_" I didn't finish my sentence because I felt a presence beside me.
I turned to glare at the intruder but my jaw dropped open instead.
What is he doing here?
"What are you doing here?" I asked Asher who was busy smirking at me.
"You couldn't sit at my table but I can sit at yours" he replied and sipped his milkshake.
My friends stared at him like they couldn't believe he was actually here with them. "Hey guys" he said waving at them but they were still in trance.
"Hi man"Rob broke the silence and the others follow suit.
"Asher man, you could have told us you are sitting here today"Daniel said as he settled down beside Thomas followed by Matthew.
"Hi Stephanie" Daniel said noticing me and I waved at him.
"Who are these hotties?"Matthew whistled making Asher groan.
"Dude you are not seriously trying to hit on her friends?" Daniel said amused and received a smirk in reply.
Rob pulled Angela to him protectively and so did Mike.
"Chill guys, I get that these two are taken. I have got two singles" he said looking from Amanda to Rose and I giggled lightly.
I never thought this will happen.
The school sweethearts will leave their table to come sit at mine.
Ordinary me!
I looked around and could feel people whispering about the turn of events.
I glanced at the popular table and caught Katrina's eyes. She stabbed her salad with her fork and was looking at me with a murder look.
I think she wishes you were the one she is stabbing with the fork.
I haven't done anything wrong.
You have got three most potential guys in this school by your side. Trust me, everyone wants to be you right now.
I didn't ask for any of this.
Mhmm!
"Hey"a finger snapped in front of my face jilting me out of my trance.
"What are you thinking about?" Asher asked and I smiled at him.
"Just thinking how all the girls wants to be me right now" I replied honestly making him chuckle lightly.
"And they will keep wishing" he replied and I blinked trying to make sense of his words.
Am I that special to him?
"You are" he whispered making heat creeped onto my face.
I need to stop thinking aloud.
You better stop or he will soon find out you have been crushing on him for years now.
I can't tell him about that right now. He hasn't even said anything about liking me. Just that he has got feelings for me and I am special to him.
I can see his friends blending with mine pretty well.
If this is going to be my new life, I am sure going to embrace it.
What more does the year has install for me?
———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-———-
"Why don't you want me to drop you off today?" he asked leaning against my locker staring intently at me like he can see through my soul.
"You told me you have to get home early for some important stuff. You want to drop me off now but I have to pick stuffs from the library. I want to read for a while before heading home" I explained and he stood running his hand through his hair.
"Okay" he said and I smiled.
"I will be fine. I will text you when I get home" I said and that earned me his smile. "I really love the things you do for me" I blurted out before I could stop myself.
"I wouldn't stop doing them because you make me feel things I have never felt before" he confessed which made butterflies erupt in my stomach.
"I..can't..believe..i..really...make..you..
feel..that..way" I stuttered out which made him smirk. I blushed furiously remembering his words.
"You do cupcake. You look cute when you blush" his smirk widened and I am sure my blush too.
"See you later" he said and kissed my cheek.
I watched him leave before squealing into my palm. My sound was muffled and I couldn't contain my excitement.
We are really going to become an item.
My long last dream is finally coming through. I am now confident he likes me back.
He ACTUALLY likes me.
He hasn't said the actual words yet but His actions and his words says so.
I don't think I can read anything right now.
I should just borrow some textbooks and try to read them at home.
"Hello Mrs Pika" I greeted her with so much enthusiasm that she raised an eyebrow at me surprised.
"Good to see you happy like that" she commented and I said a thank you.
I headed to the shelves to pick up some textbooks. "Will be returning this next week" I said and waited for her to document it.
"See you later" I said mimicking a certain person and headed out.
I walked out and proceeded to put the textbooks in my backpack. "Hello" a voice said making me jump a little.
I looked up and put a hand on my racing heart. "Goodness, you scare me" I breathed out.
"Sorry didn't mean to" Jones voice came up in a whisper and I waved him off.
"It's fine" I said and put the books in my backpack.
"What are you still doing here?"
"Well I wanted to borrow some books from the library"
"You?"I added.
"I was finishing off the notes I missed" he replied and I nodded in understanding.
I am still curious to know what happened to him. "Are you going home now?" he asked and I nodded.
"Let me drop you off" he said and I agreed.
We walked to the carpark and he opened the door for me. "I think as my friend you deserve to know everything" he said.
"We can go somewhere and talk" I suggested.
"We can just talk here" he said and I nodded waiting for him to start talking.
"I..." he trailed off and closed his eyes resting on his headrest.
"My dad..." he started and I felt his hands shaking.
I placed my hand on his which was resting on car divider.
"My dad.passed..away..few..weeks.ago and my mom.suffered..an...heart..attack.
She has been hospitalized since then but got discharged last week. I..had...to...take..few..weeks..off.to..take.care...of...her... and...my..sister" he said and I gasped.
A lone tear escaped from my eyes as I take it all in.
While I was busy having the best time of life, he was busy hurting and trying to keep his family in order.
He was crying so hard that I had to pull into a hug. It was weird since the car divider was in the way.
"It's okay"
"You have got to be strong for your girls"
"You are brave"
"You are not alone"
"You can't give up now"
"Thank you"he replied shakily pulling away. My cardigan was soaked with his tears but that isn't important right now.
"Thank you very much for thinking I am deserving to know about this" I said and he just nodded.
"Enough of the sad story! What is going on between Asher and you?" he asked and my lips twitched at his name.
"It's a little complicated" I replied unsure on how to reply to that.
"You dating?"
"Nah"not yet. I couldn't possibly add that but I know in my heart and soul.
"Nice. Let's get you home" he said and gestured for me to type my address in the GPS.
He started the car and I stared out the window as usual.
Watching people walking around going around with their business. Everyone has got problems but it depends on how well we can handle them.
My family isn't financially stable but I don't allow that to dampen our mood. I don't let my problems define who I am.
It is sad to actually lose a person who is close to you. I can imagine how he feels. I don't know what I will do if I was to ever lose my dad or mom.
Death is inevitable but I don't want them to leave me now. I still need them so fucking much.
I__
"We are here" he said and I felt the car pull over.
I stared at my house and back at him. "Thank you for the ride"
"My pleasure"
"Remember that you have gotta be strong for your mom and sister. They need you so much right now" I said with a sad smile.
"Thanks for the advice"
"Anytime"
I got out of the car and rested my hand on the window. "Drive safely" I said and he nodded. I moved back and waved as he drove out of my house.
I unlocked the door and headed straight for my room.
I dropped my bag on my reading chair and took out my phone.
Home safely -S.
I waited a while for his reply but didn't get any.
I grabbed a fresh tee and shorts then strode off to the bathroom.
Taking a relaxing shower, I put on the clothes and put my hair in a ponytail.
I checked my phone but still no reply from him.
I sighed as I walked to the kitchen. I quickly made Mac and cheese.
I put little in a plate and settled in the dining room. I forced myself to eat as I thought how Jones' family must be feeling right now. They would be so heartbroken.
I washed the dishes and headed to my room.
Still no reply so I decided to study a little.
After a while, I closed the books and put my phone on the nightstand.
I pulled the covers over me wanting to sleep even though I was sad he still hasn't reply my message.
My phone pinged and I quickly grabbed it from the nightstand.
Sorry my reply is coming late. I have been so busy with some work. I finally had time to check my phone and saw your message- A.

No problem- S.

What are you doing? - A.

About to sleep -S.
I sent as I let out a yawn.

Okay then. Sleep tight. Will see you tomorrow-A.

You too-S.

I put my phone back and switch off the bed lamp .
You just missed a chance to chat with him.
There is always another day.

I couldn't help but sneak in a chapter for you guys this week despite my busy schedule.
Thank you guys so much for your support.
I feel bad for Jones but it has to be that way.
Things are going well between Asher and Stephanie.
What are your suggestions on their relationship name?
Feel free to comment your suggestion.
Don't
       Forget  
                    To
                       Vote
                            And
                               Comment
Xoxo
~Aridah.