8. WHY BOTHER?

| CHAPTER EIGHT |

WHY BOTHER?

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK since the whole Sirius ordeal, and it was definitely an eventful week. As much as Cassiopeia wanted to skip all of her Potions classes, she knew that she couldn't afford to do that, so she simply sat on the very edge of the table, her eyes never even daring to glance over at her brother. She did, however, speak to Remus a lot more and even James and Peter, causing her to realise just how much she missed her friends.

Sirius, on the other hand, had tried everything he possibly could to gain the black haired girl's attention. From forgetting his textbook, to calling her name repeatedly and everything in between. He didn't regret a lot of things in life, but the one thing he did regret was saying what he said to Cassiopeia. His anger definitely got the best of him that day, and even though he knew that was a shitty excuse, it was the only one he had.

Truthfully, it was hard for Cass to ignore Sirius for that long. She loved her brothers more than life and it was almost impossible for her to stay mad at them for too long. However, she knew she couldn't just let Sirius back in, not yet, not after what he said.

Sitting at the Hufflepuff table during breakfast on the weekend, Cass enjoyed her peace and quiet whilst Liv did her homework frantically, wanting to get it done before they headed off to Hogsmeade. 

"How have you finished yours already?" The blonde sighed dramatically, running her hand through her hair and messing it up slightly.

"I haven't even started it," Cassiopeia stated as she bit into her jam toast.

She could've sworn she had never seen Olivia's eyes as wide as they were now; they were practically gauging out of their sockets, "What do you mean you haven't started it?" She asked, her voice strangely high-pitched.

Cassiopeia shrugged, "I haven't started it," She repeated herself.

"But--But we have our O.W.L.s this year!" Liv exclaimed.

"Yeah but they're not actually marked from our homework..." Cassiopeia stated, a satisfied smirk on her lips when she saw Liv's speechless expression, "So why bother?" 

The blonde opened and closed her mouth like a fish, "W-W--Well, because--be-because."

"Exactly," The black haired girl smirked, sending Liv a look of victory as she shoved the rest of her toast into her mouth.

Liv huffed, she opened her mouth to speak when suddenly her baby blue eyes looked over Cass' shoulder, widening slightly.

"What?" Cass asked, but before she got an answer she looked behind her, her face turned emotionless when she saw her older brother standing there, rocking back and forth on his heels whilst smiling sheepishly at the black haired girl, "Sirius," She nodded.

"Cass, hi," Sirius said, smiling warmly at the younger girl, "Do you have a sec?"

Cassiopeia glanced back at Liv, the blonde sent her a pointed look and nodded her head. With a sigh, Cass turned back to Sirius, nodding.

"Great," He let out a breath he didn't even realise he was holding in, "Are you going to Hogsmeade today?"

"Yeah," Cassiopeia nodded, "Why?"

"I want you to come with us," Sirius suddenly told her, "Remus, James, Peter and I."

Cass looked confused, she shared a puzzled look with Liv but the blonde nodded, prompting her to nod too, "Why?" Cass questioned, looking back at her older brother.

"We've missed you, Cass," Sirius breathed out, he finally took the seat besides her, "I'm so sorry, I really am. I want to make it up to you."

Cass thought for a moment before she let a smirk sit on her lips, "Buy me a Butterbeer and we're even."

Sirius grinned from ear to ear, his grey eyes finally lit up as he nodded frantically, "Deal!"