12. TEASING

| CHAPTER TWELVE |

TEASING.

ONLY REASON CASSIOPEIA FELT HERSELF waking up, was due to the low snickering that could be heard nearby. She let her legs stretch out as the feeling of arms wrapped tightly around her waist suddenly made her perk up. 

Her piercing blue eyes looked behind her, spotting Remus Lupin lying there, his eyes close and his face looking peaceful as he slept. A small smile graced Cass' features and without thinking, she let her finger tenderly touch the side of the scarred boy's face. Her fingertips dancing against his skin.

That's when she felt eyes on her and suddenly noticed how quiet the room had gotten. Jumping away from Remus, Cassiopeia's eyes widened when she spotted Sirius, James and Peter all standing in the middle of the room, their faces full of amusement. Feeling her entire face heating up, the black haired girl jumped to her feet; accidentally waking Remus in the process. 

"Mornin'," Sirius said, drawling out the word.

"H-Hi," Cass stuttered, she could feel her entire body burning up as everyone's eyes stayed focused on her.

Remus looked confused as he wiped the sleep from his eyes. Peter looked confused, his eyes moving from Cass to Remus, the black haired girl could practically see the wheels turning in his head. James held a teasing smile on his face, his glasses skewed and his arms folded over his chest. Sirius was looking at his sister with a knowing smile and when he sent her an amused wink, Cassiopeia finally managed to move her legs.

The black haired girl stumbled over her shoes - completely forgetting that she left them there before she fell asleep, before she bend down to pick them up, she then grabbed her bag and rushed out of door, hearing Sirius and James chuckling as they watched her frantically rushing out. 

As soon as Cassiopeia left the Shrieking Shack she finally put her shoes back on. Her face still felt like it was burning as the images of the boy's amused grins were still tattooed in her mind. With a deep sigh, the black haired girl began walking away from the Whomping Willow, her hand running itself through her messy bed hair as a strange feeling settled in her stomach when she thought back to how tightly Remus had his arms wrapped around her. It made her feel safe, and warm. A feeling that she now longed for. 

Suddenly she stopped dead in her tracks. Her piercing blue eyes wide and her mouth agape. Her heart hammered loudly in her chest as she finally realised what that strange feeling was, "Shit!" And with that, the black haired witch sprinted back to the school, looking for Liv. 

"So, what was that?" Sirius questioned, tilting his head as he watched Remus carefully.

The scarred face boy shrugged, letting out an awkward cough as he let his eyes fall literally anywhere that wasn't on Sirius, "N-Nothing."

James snickered, "That certainly didn't look like nothing, Moony," He stated.

Remus felt his cheeks warming up. His eyes refused to look at his friends as nerves filled his veins. It was strange, he could never sleep well after a full moon, yet that was probably the best few hours of sleep he had ever gotten, "I-I don't know what you're talking about," He finally said in a rushed voice, "I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight," He quickly added, hearing as Sirius and James howled with laughter.

The scarred face boy pushed his face back into the pillow, pulling the fluffy blanket over his head, Remus couldn't help it as he melted into the mattress. The mattress that was always uncomfortable seemed inviting now. He couldn't tell whether it was because of the teasing looks on his friends' faces, or whether it was due to the face that Cassiopeia's floral perfume lingered in the air around him.