51. I FORGOT TO ASK YOU?!

| CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE |

I FORGOT TO ASK YOU?!

AS WINTER FINALLY CAME, ALONG with a shit ton of snow, Lily, Olivia and Alice - much to their friend's surprise - seemed to slow down with the revision. Deciding to instead spend more time together. They refused to pick up the Daily Prophet since the news kept getting darker and darker and it certainly didn't make the Muggleborn in their friendship group feel safe. So, the girls did everything they could to take Lily's mind off of it. 

As the girls sat at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, Cassiopeia couldn't help but just feel happy. The smiles that were plastered on her friend's faces - and even on her own one - seemed to make her feel better about everything that's happening with her family. Or ex-family. 

"Cass, there you are," Sirius voice broke the girls' conversation. All of them turning to look at three out of four Marauders.

Cassiopeia looked puzzled, "Here I am?"

"Why did you stand your boyfriend up?" James questioned. All eyes turned to the black haired girl, "What in Merlin's name are you talking about, James?" She questioned, really not knowing what he meant.

"Wait, you don't know?" Peter asked, sharing a confused expression with the other two boys.

"Oh no," Sirius' grey eyes suddenly widened before he broke into a fit of laughter, the two boys were quick to follow his actions whilst the five girls just shared befuddled looks.

"What?" Cass asked.

"H-H-He forgot to-to ask!" James exclaimed before doubling over in laughter.

"T-This is bloody brilliant," Sirius said, wiping the happy tears from his eyes, "Remus has been stressing all week, trying to plan a date for you two."

Cassiopeia felt her heart flutter at the thought before she regained her composure; realising that Remus was sitting alone somewhere, a sad puppy look on his face. She had noticed he was more stressed than usual recently, but she thought that was due to the exams getting nearer and his Prefect duties, she didn't realise he was planning something for her. "Where is he?" 

"Up in our dormitories," Peter said, his face bright red from the laughter.

"We can not let him forget this," Sirius snickered, looking between the boys.

"Stop being mean," Cassiopeia muttered, shaking her head at the boys, but she couldn't help the amused half-smile that graced her features.

"You can't deny that it's funny, though," James pointed out.

"Fine, but still," The black haired girl said as she stood up, smoothing out her shirt.

"I need to go grab a jacket so I'll let you in," Lily offered, standing up as well, "Plus, this is so freaking cute!" She added with a happy squeal.