5: New powers

Izuku and Mei were both enjoying their more comfortable life, but life wasn't that nice to them was it?

It was a random chance encounter with her childhood rapist Bakugo. He trapped some girl bullying her as she had a weak quirk, annoying the new more out of her shell Izuku off, stepping in she stopped him but not before he set off an explosion in her face, the heat disrupted Venom and caused her to lost focus shifting her form back into the towering uncontrolled giant with a very very pissed off Venom in control. 

After scaring the boy half to death she helped the girl who ran the moment she stepped out of the alley. On her way back she discussed what happened with the explosion. Turned out Venom was weak to fire, high frequency sounds and electricity. He apologised profusely for forgetting to tell her even after all this time but Izuku forgave him quickly, suggesting maybe Mei could look into a sample of the goop to try and fix it.

In the end it was very anti-climatic, Mei took one glance at the sample and smiled like a crazy person, she explained how Venom's genetic makeup was unstable, thus these forms of high energy basically tore him apart. Luckily she had been working on a binding agent from Izukus notebooks she had just finished and brought home with her. They injected it in Venom and it instantly knocked the duo out as Venom formed a cocoon around the girl.

Mei panicked at first but quickly calmed down and put it under the genetic metamorphosis the two were going under, Venom and Izuku's genetic structures were rearranging themselves to a a perfect match for each other as the binding agent filled in the gaps, or at least that's what she theorised. Though she wasn't wrong.

Nearly three days later Izukus broke out of the hardened goop only to be met with a near hysteric Mei on a call to Shinrai and an apartment filled with packet food. Izuku calmed Mei down once she regained her sense of balance. Mei fell asleep as soon as a hug was given since she was too anxious to sleep since Izuku went away, at least that's how she saw it.

Putting Mei on her back, covered by a Venom blanket she set about calming a very worried Shinrai who had just been told what happened by a very hysteric Mei and cleaning the near trashed apartment. Not that Izuku cared, she didn't know how much Mei was going through seeing her like this so she didn't judge.

After recovering from the little incident Venom continued to train Izuku at the trashy beach, with them completely clearing it of the trash by the end of the month while picking out all the materials to be recycled by the company. Though Izuku's strength wasn't the only thing that grew over that period, an assortment of new powers also emerged, usually at the worst of times, or best depending on the way you looked at it.

First off was Izuku's ability to absorb technology. After accidentally falling on a pile of Mei's failed inventions they all vanished into the goop causing the two to freak out, which caused Izuku to pull out a failed plasma canon on instinct letting it fire. Apparently once she took it into her body she subconsciously fixed it, in the end it came out better than it went in.

Next was Izuku's ability to shift her appearance. This one was more funny than anything else as Mei walked out of the shower to come face to face with... Mei. After a lot of screeching and thrown mugs the two managed to understand the new power and Venom added it to her training plan.

Finally was Izuku's regeneration, this one was a little more perilous. One of Mei's inventions was sabotaged by someone at the company, unnoticed by the two girls until they took it home, in the street Izuku's enhanced senses caught on milliseconds before it exploded as she grabbed the backpack off the pink haired girl and wrapped herself around it. The explosion would not have been big but enough to take everything out in a 10 metre radius.

Mei would not stop crying at the sight of her bloodied friend, even after Izuku's holes had been fixed and the blood was now safe on her insides, Mei wouldn't let go. It took a lot of ice-cream and cuddles to finally stop her worrying.

After reporting what happened to Shinrai a small investigation was held, everyone who had access to Mei's devices was looked into and after calling in a favour from a detective with a lie-detector quirk a man who worked there for nearly 10 years was fired. This caused a lot of backlash especially once the rumours started that it was Venom who ordered it, though Shinrai quickly put most of that to rest when he released the full truth with Izuku's express permission.

All in all the year and a bit passed without much incident as Izuku continued to rapidly gain absurd amounts of wealth from her ideas and products which were starting to be shipped out. Though neither of the two girls wanted to move out of the apartment for two reasons, one they liked the beach view and more importantly two, they couldn't be bothered, training and running a small support company drained them both, even Mei with her infinite energy would collapse on the floofy green haired girl immediately after dinner.

In the end as the U.A. exams rolled around for the two of them, they were both over-prepared, with Mei using some of her more professionally assembled gadgets from which she built using company resources, while getting permission from Shinrai to use them for her support course Exam.

Izuku on the other hand had cleared the beach long ago and had moved back to the forest she used to live in for training as she could utilise Venom's abilities freely without some hero coming along and trying to slap illegal quirk use charges on her. Izuku had actually decided to buy that area of the park anyways after she started carving out course to practice on, clearing it out and installing some traps set on random to avoid, even Venom was impressed with her initiative,

And now the two stood hand in hand in front of their dream school, Izuku covered in Venom, slightly taller than Mei for once, standing tall seemingly calm however on the inside she was panicking at meeting her childhood bullies again, especially the ones who did that to her, she didn't even know if it was illegal but she knew she never wanted to feel dirty in that way again. Mei on the other hand was literally buzzing in excitement, three gadgets in her bright pink backpack, eyes darting all around focusing randomly on different aspects of the schools architecture, gently squeezing Izuku's hand whenever she tensed, which was a lot.

'Ready to change the world Izuku?' Mei asked

'As ready as I'll ever be Mei.' Izuku/Venom said managing to shake off her nervous stutter