46: Losing isn't failure

Just like that the minutes in preparation for the long awaited match ended and the doors for both teams swing open. The five students quickly made their way to the cover of many tall buildings, preparing for their complex multi-stage plan. Once they were happy, they nodded to each other and as a group, headed towards the exit gate and as expected Izuku was standing there waiting.

The girl guarding the exit nodded, 'It seems you have arrived, now be prepared.' The five organised themselves to protect Momo, each taking a defensive stance. Izuku nodded in acknowledgment before disappearing in a blur. The teams panicked looking for their opponent only to find her nowhere. Kyouka turned back to their team leader only to find her missing.

'So...' Izuku's distorted voice called out from the darkness, 'You've lost your king, what will you pawns do now?' Koyuka nodded to the group as they split, each heading in a completely opposite direction... away from the gate. Izuku stepped out of the shadows of the same alley the group emerged from humming confused, 'Now why would they run away, they were so close, but if they tried to make it to the gate...' She trailed off smiling under her goop. 'Clever girl Momo, you anticipated this all didn't you?'

Izuku let out a short magical laugh before launching off towards the most risky target to be left alive.

Meanwhile back in the observation room Nezu was laughing like crazy as Aizawa started him down, mentally beating the rat god for corrupting Izuku with his chess mania. He let the chimera continue for a minute before slapping Nezu back to his senses, receiving a sharp glare in return. The man just rolled his eyes and focused back onto the screen where Izuku was now face to face with and exhausted Iida.

'So...' The engine boy panted, 'You... are still... faster... than me.' Izuku simply nodded in response, 'Well then,' The boy continued, 'I guess I'll have to push past this suits safe limit.' Izuku's masked eyes widened as she noticed the mufflers begin to flare up. Quicker than anyone in the observation room could even comprehend Izuku was holding an unconscious Iida in her arms as the flames from his mufflers died out and the concrete below sagged slightly from the heat.

Izuku simply shook her head and vanished again but not before pointing upwards to the people watching would know her next target.

Mina was currently doubling back towards the exit using her acid as a faster way to traverse the terrain, Momo's premonition of the takedown order in her mind. 'First would be me.' She remembers the girl saying before they entered, 'Once a leader goes the teams usually collapses, that is if we don't have a plan. Each of you will have a tool specifically for taking down Venom but be warned Eijiro should be left for last so hers will be the best, then Kyouka, then Mina and second is you Iida. It's simply off your speed since s-they can't be everywhere at once, they have to limit our option.'

The pink girls dread grew when the match hadn't ended after five minutes once she split, she realised Iida was most likely gone, so she redoubled her efforts. She pushed herself faster and faster trying to reach the gate, pushing her quirk to the limit, until she tripped.

The fall wasn't hard but it still sent he pink girl skidding o the ground before she could reagin her balance and stand again. She glanced behind her to see the coil of rope Iida was given lying half melted in her acid. Quickly she drew two highly corrosive balls of acid onto her palms and scanned the area, still not spotting her opponent.

Then out of the shadows three black tendrils came at her, she threw the two prepped attacks and tried to ready a third to counteract the final attack but she wasn't fast enough as it hit her square in the stomach, knocking the air out of her and sticking.

The girl let out a choked cough before wheezing losing her ability to see and succumbing to her tears for a minute. Izuku took this and quickly pulled the goop connecting them in, hoping for a quick takedown. What she wasn't expecting was flashing blew net to be thrown against her.

Izuku quickly but the connection and dogged to the left, narrowly missing the electrified net before losing back at her target. The only problem was a second net came right at her the instant she had looked away and was now right on top of her. It then clicked for Izuku, Momo was using outdated information on her, Izuku had long since overcame her weakness to electricity and high frequency sounds. She pretended to be in pain letting her pink skinned friend approach smirking.

'We... win' She panted out standing over the girl, 'That... that was one... hell of a-ach' The girl couldn't finish showboating as the tables turned and the net now pinned the pink haired girl, she spasmed and twitched slightly but remained comncious enough to last out the small power source but by then she was already captured and next to her two unconscious teammates, staring at a worried Izuku.

'How...?' She managed to rasp out, the current and exhaustion had done a number on the athletic girl.

Izuku dropped her disguise smiling at the girl, 'You were using old information. But it was still an amazing effort.' Mina smiled at this.

'Guess... we never... stood... a... chance.' She managed to mumble out before falling unconscious.

Izuku smiled before turning away and jumping towards Eijiro, planning to thorough mess up their plan.

The boy wasn't that hard to find, he made quite a racket stomping slowly back to the place he once ran through, though he never let down his guard. He knew both of his roles. One was to act as a deterrent to try and get attention off the faster two but he knew by now they had been take out. So he switched tactics and started to run towards the gate, hoping he would make it before his final teammate got take out. The problem was he was Izuku's next target.

The masked girl jumped on the boy from behind, slamming his body onto the ground as a large crack resonated through the city before the street lit up bright blue. Sparks seemed to emanate from the cogs on the boys arm, blinding the cameras as a miniature EMP formed around them both.

The power died and all that was left was the two in the same position as before, the only problem was Izuku now had the boy in a choke hold.

'How...' He choked out

'Old information, the plan you made was useless, sorry Eijro.'

'Heh... still a manly way to go.' He grunted before succumbing to the same fate as his girlfriend.

Izuku release her hold picking up his unconscious body, she vanished from the cameras as everyone above focused in on the last competer, Kyouka Jiro who was a mere 200 metres from the exit and running like hell.

The girl was wary but that didn't stop her. She'd seen the electrical pulse and it clicked, the plan hadn't worked and she was the last one left. Their biggest gadget was gone but she hoped Izuku was injured enough so she could leaved. She wasn't that lucky.

A mere hundred meters from the gate, Izuku's hulking shadowy mass appeared. The punk rock girl didn't waste a moment using her quirk amplified speakers immediately on her hands bot breaking her stride.

Until nothing happened.

The girl stumbled forward in shock, sputtering some gibberish before it clicked, 'Outdated information....' she mumbled out loud. Izuku simply nodded

Kyouka sighed bringing two batons that were hidden on her back, 'So...' she continued,'I guess these won't help either?' Izuku shook her head, 'Well then, come at me villlain!'

Izuku faded from the girls view and Kyouka tensed in a rigid battle stance, suddenly swiping left blocking a sharp strike that would of hit her shoulder. Izuku chuckled but didn't move her arm, instead she just applied more pressure.

Kyouka groaned and tried sliding the attack off, only to be countered by a slight movement opposing any she made. She a final grunt she dropped the trapped tool and rolled to the other side, quickly jumping back up only to face air.

'Ah poop.' Were her last words before a sharp pain hit, knocking her unconscious.

Izuku stood with her friend in her arms smiling under her mask, 'Don't worry Kyo.' She mumbled while stroking her purple hair, 'Losing isn't failure.'