68: I'm not good with words

Out of everything Izuku could have done to apologise to, quote unquote killing Venom multiple times while hunting for Mei, she did not expect her symbiotic friend to drag her into a room filled with chairs and get her to sit on the one furthest from the door.

'Venom, wha-' Izuku tried to ask as Venom guided her to her seat

'Kid, shush. Just wait.' He replied, falling into silence as the two waited

Izuku listened and waited, though that doesn't mean she was comfortable. Shifting every few seconds, she let her attention drift across the room, directing the most idle things. Stains, paint shades, architecture. You name it she focused on it. And while she didn't have to wait long, the time spent like this was comparable to being in limbo for the girl.

So when the door gingerly opened and the people she didn't want to see walked in, Izuku's attention suddenly found something to fully concentrate on.

'Venom...'

'Kid,' Venom pleaded, 'Just hear them out, for me?'

Izuku said nothing, but replied by staying in her seat, watching these people walk in.

Eijiro, Mina, Ochaco, Tenya, Momo, Kyouka and... Mei came into find their seats.

Out of all of them, Mei hurt the most for the green haired girl sitting in her seat. Not only was she the one who should have understood why Izuku didn't want to go save Bakugo, while putting their lives and careers on the line but she wasn't exactly conscious the last time Izuku saw her.

The last time Izuku laid eyes on the pink haired inventor, she was walking out of the infirmary about a week ago after just waking up about an hour before hand and being chewed out by Venom again. The act had been eating up the bean inside ever since, especially considering she'd tried to avoid Mei over the short break Nezu had mandated for 'recovery'. Basically he just shut down U.A. for her, like any caring uncle would.

'Izu...' Mei tried to venture towards her fiancé, stopping a fair distance away based on her reaction.

Izuku turned her whole body to face ever so slightly away from the pink inventor and the rest of her friends, a confusing mix of guilt, sadness and anger clouding what little judgement she could reasonably hold in this situation. The reaction alone was enough to send Mei towards her designated seat, tail between her legs and set the atmosphere of the room even more tense that what it was to begin with.

So they sat in silence.

Seconds, then minutes, then ten's of minutes passed.

Still silence dominated, beating over even the overbearing tension in the room.

'Why?' Izuku asked. The rest turned to look at the girl incredulously, none daring to speak in fear of talking over anything else, or even saying the wrong thing.

Once again silence dominated.

'We...' Mei broke the silence, 'We have no excuse Izu.. and I know this doesn't matter at all but honestly all we could think about is rescuing them, because despite what they had done they were still people, or at least borderline people. And... I know it's not an excuse saying that if we knew what we know now the thought of saving wouldn't have even been an option but Izu, that's really all that went through our heads... to save people who are in trouble.'

'And now?'

'Well... that depends on what you're asking,' Mei shot a quick glance around the room as everyone nodded, 'If you're asking if we would try and save him again, the answer would be a direct no. If you asked us if we say any of those fu-'

'LANGUAGE' Tenya yelled back

'-dging demonic hell spawns as humans, let alone people then again the answer is no.' 

Izuku's gaze remained soley on the girl in front of her, unwawvering as it seemed they tried to salvage something seemingly irreparable.

'And on the subject of what we have to say for ourselves,' Mei continued, not even looking to the others as she matched her fiance's gaze, 'We do apologise, we as friends never even stopped to consider what you were going through, what you went through and what you could have been repressing... but we also know it's not fair for us to even ask for you're forgiveness.'

Izuku's eyes widened as slipped ever so slightly on her seat, 'Wha-'

'We aren't asking for forgiveness... that will be earned back over time and effort. What we want... what I want... is a chance Izu, we want a chance to make amends... to show you how sorry we are... and to show you we regret ever decision we made that day.'

The greenhaired girl said nothing as she turned away from the group, mumbling slightly, seemingly talking to the symbiote protruding from her neck. Her slight noises all that was keeping the silence at bay, keeping the tension hanging in the air from becoming suffocating.

Until she stopped.

The group held their breaths and waited, their gaze never shifting from the one they wronged, from the friend they betrayed.

'One chance...' Izuku said turning back around, 'You all have one chance... together. Together you have to show me you can be trusted... because right now I don't even know if I can trust Venom... let al-alone...'

The girl's little speech was stopped by a the mear presence of tears in her eyes, the mere thought of the others she trusted set her paranoia off to even higher extents.

Mei nodded, seemingly understanding what was going through the greenete's head.

'Y-You... You can leave now...' Izuku managed to get out, gesturing towards the door with her head.

The group nodded and stood up, quietly leaving the room until only Mei and Izuku remained.

Seeing this, Mei tried to approach the smaller girl, only for her chair to go flying as Izuku jumped back, away from the contact. Mei said nothing but nodded, tears of her own welling up in her eyes.

'I-I understand... I understand Izu. When-= you're ready... I'll-I'll be back home... okay?'

Izuku simply nodded in achknowledgement as the girl left.

Silence dominted the space once again as the girl curled up into a corner, saying nothing as Venom watched over her carefully until she passed out.

'I'm proud of you kid...' He mumbled, 'I just hope... I really hope that this will be the last of you're suffering that those damn basterds hands.'