70: Shie Hassaikai

'So my Kohai tell me...' Mirio span round to face the now goop covered Izuku, 'DID YOU REALLY DO THAT?'

Izuku tilted her fake head as the two continued their patrol, 'What? Runaway from home, become a head engineer for one of the most infuential support companies in the world, or break All-might's entrance exam record?'

'Well all obv-' Mirio froze, mid pace seemingly staring out space. Almost as if he fell under Hitoshi's quirk

'Mirio-senpai?' Izuku asked, waving her hand in front of his face, 'Hello... anyone home?' No repsonse from her blond senior, 'No? Uhmmmmm.'

'Boop.' Venom chuckled as he sent out a tentacle to shock the boy back to reality/

'Huh... wha?' Mirio looked around completely confused, 'Wait what happened... WAIT YOU BEAT ALL-MIGHT'S RECORD?'

Izuku turned back to their patrol route, ignoring any chance of eye contact with the boy, 'Yeah, wasn't that hard...'

Mirio gulped, 'Well then... uhm... you never told me your hero name?'

'Neither did you.' She retorted

'Well then my young Kohai... I AM LEMILLION!'

'Lemonion?'

'No no no, Lemillion!'

'That just sounds like a fancy Lemon.' Venom rebutted

'Hey! It doesn't... does it?' Mirio asked suddenly douncast

His little mood was interrupted but some of Izuku's soft giggling, 'We're only teasing you senpai. Come on we wanna know what it meansssss.'

'Hehe.' Smirks with closed eyes before pinching Izuku's goop cheeks hard, 'You little rascal!' Sighing her released it, leaving the two to continue their patrol in silence.

'Soooo... what's it mean?'

'Huh?' Mirio turned to the side confused, 'Oh it relates to my goal!'

'Which is...'

'TO SAVE A MILLION PEOPLE!'

'What like that little girl running towards us?'

'Hu-oof' Mirio gasped as a small white object crashed into his legs

'Mirio... you seem to have a child stuck to your leg.' Venom pointed out

'So it seems...' Mirio contemplated, stroking his imaginary beard, 'Hey there kiddo!'

The small girl flinched at the boys raised voice, yet her grip seemed to remain firm on the boys leg.

'You're scaring her dimwit.'

'I am?' Mirio asked, glancing down, 'So I am...' He hummed, thinking for a second before taking a knee to meet the girl face to face.

'Hi there kiddo, name's Lemillion. What's yours?'

The girl dug her head into the boys shoulder before managing to mumble out something.

'Ah Eri. That's a beautiful name for such an adorable girl. Tell me noe are you lost?'

Eri shook her head, opening her mouth trying to reply before another voice came from the alley.

'Eri, come back here.' The voice came from the shadows as a figure emerged, a tall lanky black ahired man, donning a peculiar and elongated beak mask. 'There's no point in bothering these two fine young heroes with your petty tantrum.

Izuku seethed, shifting her footing ever so slightly at the new character within the alley. Seeing this the man slowly moved his one of his arms to slowly remove the other's glove. Mirio noticed this nudged his kohai, trying to tell her to stop. Izuku silently hissed at the boy but complied, not wanting to ignore an order.

Seeing the situation shift, the mysterious man stopped his actions, yet he kept his gaze solidly upon the boy holding the child.

'Hi there sir!'

'Hello there hero...' He responded with a slight amount of malice in his voice, 'What brings two of you around these parts?'

'Oh nothing much, just patrolling around.'

'Hmm, is that true? So what agency has decided to patrol over here then?'

'Be part of an agency? Oh we could never. Us two, we're just two lowly students learning the ropes of this profession.' Izuku growled, ready to pounce, luckily her goop covered any sound she made.

'Is that right now?' He asked, his hand slowly returning to his glove, 'Would you mind ever so returning a father's daughter then.'

'I would love to, but I can't' The man's eye twitched as he narrowed his gaze.

'And why would that be.' He growled

'She seems to be stuck to me!' He jested waving his arms about a bit comedically, before shifting his whole tone into a more serious fashion, 'But is your daughter ok? She seems to be very scared of you and she seems to be holding a lot of bandages?'

'Ah that...' The man shifted his gaze back to the girl for the first time since taking his eyes off her, 'Well you know all families have their quarrels... and they all come back sooner or later. right ERI?' He growled.

The little girl squeaked but immediately detached from the blond hero and scurried back to the man in gloves, without any hindrance as the boys arms were still midair.

'Ah! Well that solves that!'

'Indeed it does hero, thank you.' He turned back scooping the girl harshly into his arms, 'Now if you don't mid we'll be on our way.' 

And just like that the two entered the darkness of the alley they emerged from.

Mirio let out a sigh, right before Izuku slugged him across the face.

'IDIOT WHY'D YOU LET HIM DO THAT?' She yelled gathering attention from passers by

'Ah!.' He gasped, nursing his wound, 'That was a dangerous man, we couldn't risk attacking or-'

'I could've taken him down!'

Mirio stared at the gir, 'With 100% certainty?'

'And without hesitation, property damage or lethality!'

'Oh... uhm... could you-'

'NO! NOW HE HAS A GIRL BACK IN HIS ARMS.'

'Oh...'

'AND SERIOUSLY?!' Izuku yelled, stepping closer wacking the boy over his head again

Mirio looked down, 'What else did I do wrong...'

'Did you not notice her demeanour? Her ragged clothing? Her excessive bandages? HER FUDGE FILLED REACTIONS?!'

'Well... now you mention it...'

'NOW?' Izuku sighed face palming, before hefting the buff blond onto her shoulder, 'Learn from this. That girl seems to be suffering from some form abuse from an unknown man, we need to inform uncle.'

'Uncle?' Mirio asked as he flopped lifelessly on Izuku's back, 'Oh... you mean sir... yeah especially since that was Chisaki...'

'Chisaki?'

'We believe he's the head of the small time yakuza drowing in funds peddling the drug trigger on the streets lately and also hyping up some new, ground breaking drug as well...'

'And you thought it was alright to just send that girl back!'

'I know...'

Izuke sighed before crouching down, ready to jump back to the agency, 'Just remember this Togata.' The boy grimaced at formal tone used, 'Mistakes are to be made and learned from, yet they are still actions that carry consequences. Learn and grow but never shy away from the demons they make, or you'll find yourself trapped on the edge of the abyss beyond hell.'

'Hai.' The boy responded before Izuku launched them both into the sky and back towards her uncle's angency ready to give the report and mobalize immediate to save poor Eri from the clutched of Kai Chisaki... a win win right?

Let's hope theres no unnecessary angst.