10: Quirk testing

Outside on the field the students of Class 1-A were huddled up waiting nosily until a blacked clothed figure walked by them carrying a yellow sleeping bag that seemed to bulge. Their sensei, walked passed them, silencing them as he payed them no regard walking over to a small patch of grass and a tree, laying the bag down gently.

He turned back back to the class and snapped his fingers. The all ran to line up as he came close to inspect them all.

'Alright, now that you are all here we can begin.' The man stated, 'First I will explain then you can ask questions. So first welcome to U.A. the ones of you who survive anyways. U.A. as a school provides freedom to teach freely, meaning I can do things like this and pull you out of that horrible assembly and get an understanding of your physical and quirk skill levels. Though I would advise you all to put you all into this seeing as the one in last place... will be expelled.'

'WHAT!' Most of the class screamed back before they became a babbling group of unorganised monkeys.

'SILENCE!' The man called out as they followed, 'Good, now in a civilised manner, questions?' A few students raised their hands, 'Yes Uraraka.'

'Sir this isn't fair, we worked so hard to get in and we could lose everything on the first day.' The girl called out

'Fair? Let me tell you something. I have three years to produce amazing heroes, ones that won't die. The world isn't fair, life isn't fair and death isn't fair. So I will not have your deaths on my conscious simply because you wanted me to play fair. So you all better understand this, that entrance exam was your first test of many, every day will be a fight to stay, so I suggest you take everything I say seriously. Yes Sero.'

'What are we missing out on in the assembly?'

'A reasonable question... honestly? Mental torture, the principle holds that to mess with everyone, so let me tell you, you all would be doing good if you never cross him. Though you guys might not fair much better at the end of my physical tests. Yes Ashido.'

'You said quirks? Does that mean we can freely use them, unlike at our old schools!'

'Indeed, I find that playing on a level playing field is illogical, everyone of you is unique as such you all are not at the same place, physically or otherwise, as such it is ridiculous to remove the aspect of quirk training and is something I've been advocating for quite a while now. Yes Iida.'

'SIR, you said everyone was here' The boy robotically waved about his arms, 'But we are once again missing Venom!'

'That we are not. Venom is currently over there in my personal sleeping bag, it seems that your comments as future classmates did more damage than they let on, so let this be your one and only warning. Pull anything AND I MEAN ANYTHING, like this again and I won't hold Yaoyorozu back from ending any hope of your carers. Yes Kaminari.'

'Why does everyone keep referring to Venom as they/them, surely its he/him?'

Shota just sighed, 'That is a very good question, I don't have an answer but someone here might.' He said looking at the black haired girl, gesturing for her to continue.

'Well Venom... hasn't had the best life up until now, they trust very few people with anything, including their first name. If you are lucky enough like me, to get even that, then count yourself special. Hell I know of three people who know about their true face among other things. In summary, Venom doesn't trust easily and has very good reason not to, so I suggest not pushing them.'

'Thank you. Yes Bakugo.'

'WHY IS THE FUCKER SLEEPING AND NOT DOING THE TESTS, ARE THEY SCARED?!'