71: Meeting

The next day after the report was given, Nighteye immediatly summoned a large group of high ranking heroes for a meeting in his agency. After catching the eyes of a few of them and their work study students who also happened to be Mirio and Izuku's classmates, the meeting began.

'Well then let's get started shall we!' Mirai called out as the room quietend down, 'Thank you. Now we've gathered you all today so we can deal with this.' He gestured for bubble girl to turn on the screen, 'Lately there have been an increase in the quantity of quirk effecting drugs flooding the criminal markets, as Fatgum can attest, these aren't anything minor.'

Said hero nodded, 'Those thing definitely pack a punch, I'd say they increase a person's quirk three-no more like four-fold.' This statement was met with grumblings from others, 'Though it seems to damage the quirk facts for such a violent and instant increase in power, some we've come across went into shock from the injections themselves.' The grumblings quietened as a few pros plans were quashed. 'But the most worrying thing is that recently while on a patrol with my interns, Suneater, Pinky and Red riot, Suneater was shot with a bullet that seemed to damage his quirk factor rendering it useless.'

Gasps of shock rang through the room, 'Tamaki, are you ok?!' Mirio cried out, on the edge of his seat.

Said shy boy grew some vines out his arm to demonstrate his quirk's functionality, 'The effect seemed to temporary... and the damage done was apparently naturally healed... but still' He let his head fall back onto the table between his arms, 'It was soembarrasing to be stuck like that in public.'

There was a small chuckle from the boys mentor before Nighteye took over again. 'Thank you for that informative anecdote. Now,' He gestured again for the slides to change, 'From the sample recovered thanks to the intern hero red riot, we have determined that the way these work are vastly different than our resident quirk supressor over there,' He gestured to Shota hovering in a corner near the door, 'Instead of stopping the activation of the quirk genes, they seem to actively destroy them. Of course we don't know how or why this happens since we had such a small sample but we do know one thing...' Everyone held their breath, 'The main component of these drugs is composed from human matter... more specifically blood.'

'Wait- what does that mean?'Mina asked outloud

'Why-' Rocklock started out before Izuku cut him off

'What it means Mina is that these monstrous items were maufactured from a human.' Everyone gasped, 'More specifically a child with long white hair, ruby red eyes, no older than seven named Eri.' Everyone gasped louder this time, even Shota was shocked.

'How do you know this?!' Rocklock yelled back

'My interns here stumbled across this girl and overhaul, making the decision to let her return to reduce collateral damage.'

'So what you're saying is-'

'I'M SORRY!' Mirio stood up straight, bowing at ninety degrees, reminiscent of the old Iida, 'If I hadn't acted and let my Kohai act we could have-'

'Stop.' Everyone froze at the malice eminating from the voice beside the blond, 'Togata calm down, remember what I've told you.' The blond nodded and slid back into his seat. 'You're actions at the time were admirable and based on the knowledge you had, logically. You hold no blame as you too action not for selfish reasons but rather to protect the people around you, despite taking on the burden of letting this girl return. You had to choose between these two evils in your mind, something no-one your age should have to do,' Izuku sent a glare towards rocklock, 'A choice I'm sure a majority of the people in here couldn't act on at all.'

A few of the members in the room opened their mouths, only to be shut up by a glare from the goop covered girl.

'A word of advice to you all,' She continued, 'Hero is a title you hold, not a profession. A title is one you work hard to earn then work harder every day following to keep. You're looking a child, not yet a fully fledged pro, run through multiple sceanarios and act in the best interest of the people. So get off your damn high horses and statistics so you can see just how much was done, what was mitigated, instead of what was failed.'

'But you could have stopped him!' Someone yelled out, 'You said it yourself!'

'I did,' Izuku glanced around trying to find this voice but failing, 'Though Togata didn't know. Not only was this my first day at the agency, it was also my first patrol with him. He did not know the level of my skills, combined with the fact I'm his junior at both the agency and UA, he made a judgement call. He was put in a position and he made a call, deal with it!'

Others nodded, finally getting what was being said.

'Anyone else got a problem?'

Silence followed her display of power and pressure.

'Ahem,' Nighteye drew attention back to the screen, 'Now that we're looking back here, there are multiple bases across Japan. It's why there's such a spread of you here. We'll perform a synchronised attack. There will be no escape for them!' The others nodded, 'Now the main force will be here.' He gestered to the newly changed slide, 'We believe this to be their main base, where trigger is produced, where research for this new drug is done and where the child known as Eri is being held. Now at-'

CRACK

Everyones attention shifted to Izuku, at the cobweb cracks that have spread across the table.

'I'm sorry... you know where she is?' Izuku growled

'Yes, while you-'

'It's a yes or no question uncle.'

'Yes, we discovered yesterday when you encounted Chisaki.'

'SO WHY THE HELL ARE WE WAITING!'

'Iz-Venom, please we can't just storm a heavily fortified Yakuza base with a complex underground structure and any number of assailants with any number of more powerful targets!'

'...' Izuku said nothing as she rose from her seat at the cracked table and walked round to the front, slowly shifting her form into something more horrific, yet not one her friends were familiar with.

'You might not be able too...' She turned her morphed head back to the entire group, 'But I sure as fucking hell can... now move.'

All the heroes in the room gulped simultaneously, the familar figure in front of them