66: THE RESCUE!

Not all warehouses are dingy cess pits home to the most devious and irritating criminals known to society.

Not all but most.

So seeing an overly large hulking black figure outside of one such place, the civilians took the hint and steered well clear of the place. As the sun rose, Izuku stood there not moving an inch, waiting for whoever dared to kidnap Mei finally notice her outside.

It took well over an hours after the sun rose for the large rusting doors of the place to creak open. Emerging from the abandoned and crusty warehouse seemed to be the literal personification of the building he was hiding in. Crusting lips, flakey neck, missing his hands like the warehouse was missing random pieces of structural integrity. Of course both the person and place were unrelated but its ironic no?

Shigaraki chose the perfect final resting place, somewhere that would be link ed to his name for all eternity... almost like colonel runaway and his house perpetually covered in eggs.

'So...' Shigaraki finally broke the tension sitting between the two of them, 'Have you finally come to face me brat? To collect your personal whore of a go-'

The man never got to finish his sentence as Izuku appeared right in front of him, sweeping him off to the side with a quick roundhouse to the fragile man's torso. Cracking was obviously audible as he crashed into the next, as equally dilapidated, building over. Izuku didn't even cast a glance his way before continuing onto the building itself. 

Tearing the doors off their hinges, she carefully placed them on the ground as not to accidentally squash the one she aimed to save. Inside the building was just as horrible, if not more, than the outer layers. All forms of infestations and mould had become accustomed to the dingy moist corner of the place, growing freely and unrestricted. Well all accept a certain patch along one of the walls.

Izuku saw this and walked over, across the filth ridden floor and countless bugs that fed on said filth. She slowly examined the clue, bending down as to inquire about the possibility of a moving door. And she found what she wanted. Reaching out she focused on a partially uncovered section of the wall, you could actually see the building instead of filth on it. Only to stop mere millimetres away.

Confused at what caught her eye, Izuku stepped to the side and carefully watched the abhorrent mess strewn across the floor crumble and disappear.

'BRAT!'

Izuku looked back to the entrance she tore open, to see the man she threw into the wall still standing. Bruised, bloody and broken but still standing. HIs skin was drier than before so much so that it was flaking down into a pile at his feet.

'You're probably wondering how I used my quirk huh???' Izuku did say anything and continued to stare on confused at the man child's actions. 'Well brat listen well, you're stupid actions at the USG or whatever caused me to go under some extreme procedures so that... blah blah blah blah blah...'

Izuku just... lost all focus, she slowly shifted her attention back to the obviously used area on the wall, that was most likely a hidden door to where Mei was being kept. Again it took the man child much longer than it should to realise he no longer of his rivals attention and like any child, he threw a tantrum.

'I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU BEAT ME AGAIN YOU FU-'

This time instead of kicking him, Izuku simply impaled him with a slimed down fist covered in a thin but tightly compressed goop covering it, hardening it to a level comparable to steel. The actions so swift and fluid Shigarakai's mind couldn't even comprehend what just happened. Her hand sticking through his chest, his blood pooling on the floor while mixing with the filth and flakes from his skin.

'Y-Y-YOU!'

'Me... what' Shigaraki just stared blankly, the broken voice of his rival punctuated with his impalement shook his already broken mind even further into the abyss. 'Me.. die?' Shigaraki couldn't say anything as he felt his lung accumulate the blood pooling from his abdomen. 'No... I... think... you...'

Shigaraki lurched forward, spewing a mix of bile, blood and muscles from his decaying corpse. Covering the filthy ground around him with even more filth.

'Die...' Izuku slowly removed her hand from his body, not even batting an eye as the mow lifeless form collapsed onto the floor surrounded by what was one his inner fluids, in the place that mirrored him in every way.

She turned back to the wall and finally tore it open, beholding a horror worse than the warehouse floor. In here the already run rampant filth was ripe with other corpses and caked in dry blood, strands of long pink hair was strewn across the place.

Picking up her pace, Izuku searched through the pigsty of an underground maze faster than before, passing numerous skeletons and decaying bodies, stepping on countless vermin and smashing through numerous locks. She followed the trail of water and tear down through the heart of the puedo dungeon maze, brute forcing anything that came in her way. That was until she reached a certain cage.

The cage isn't at the end of the dungeon, yet it was significantly deep inside. Yet the placement was as such that if one wasn't paying proper attention the spot was easy to miss. Luckily even though Izuku was beyond exhausted in a near animalistic state barely able to form rational thoughts, her overall skills barely suffered. So seeing the cage almost hidden away in a random large room was enough to draw her closer.

Close enough to see Mei inside. Shrivelled and handing by the chains from her wrist, bloody, beaten and with obvious clumps of hair seemingly torn off of her scalp. The worst part for Izuku to bare was the fact she was still conscious, yet her eyes were bright gold as usual, they weren't darting around in her usual excitement... rather the once brilliant gold sunk more into a putrid urine colour and her gaze was hollow, locked onto the nothingness below her.

A glance was enough to fuel Izuku again after her vast search as she smashed the bars and shattered the chains, all while scooping her, hopefully still, girlfriend into her arms all in one motion. Then she booked it.

Tears up the numerous staircases and through the multitude of holed she made, Izuku was back out into the world in five minuted, sure she may be on the verge of collapse, sure he feet might feel like they're on fire despite being coated in Venom's goop but it doesn't stop her goal.

She saved Mei, sure... but it was only a temporary victory. Now what was needed was to keep her alive. And only one person came to mind.

Izuku set her sight back on U.A.