Player x Captain: Realizations.

~

A/n: I hated- I mean, nvm, hate is a strong word. I really disliked AUL 17, it wasn't very interesting in my opinion. But, ofc, I hope you enjoyed it!

Sorry that this chapter is so late. This chapter takes place after AUL 15 when Captain betrays Player.

Player deserved it, ngl.

Anyway, on with the chapter! x

~

Player's POV~

~

I fucked up.

Too straightforward?

Maybe.

But it's true.

Captain had the right to be angry at me. Captain had the right to hate me. 

What he did was totally understandable, now that I look back.

Captain is one of the most kind-hearted people on the Skeld

All I ever did to him was ignore his kindness. I was straight-up mean sometimes.

I missed his birthday party, constantly ignored him, and berated him.

I'm ashamed of myself.

~

MrCheese sighs and mumbles, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you until the end of the game, Player..."

MrCheese had saved me. Though I was grateful, I kinda wish that he had shoved me into the boiling pool of lava.

It was cruel, but a righteous punishment for my actions.

Captain shoves past me, completely ignoring me, and heads straight to his room.

The crewmates that had been zombies were rather quizzical about the whole situation. MrCheese explained that Captain's virus was a mutated one; therefore, it created a gap of memory in those it infected. 

"Player," Veteran grumbles, "What the hell happened...?"

MrCheese notices my hesitation and explains to Veteran.

I debate to myself whether or not I should confront Captain. The way we left things, well, was really unsettling to say for the least.

Gnome was left in trauma. She couldn't speak to Engineer.

"Babe," he whispers, "What's wrong? Please talk to me..."

She doesn't respond and turns away from him. She chokes on her own tears silently.

I finally decided that I'd speak to Captain. As hard as it may be, Captain deserves an apology.

I just hope he finds it in his heart to forgive me.

~

Captain's POV~

~

All of Player's past actions poisoned me.

He missed my birthday party and he always insulted me.

'Captain, you can't do anything right!'

'Oh trust me, Captain, we all got your invitations'

'Your real name is, uh... George...?'

'Captain.'

'Captain.'

'Captain!'