MrCheese x MrEgg: The vent .

~

A/n: This one-shot was requested by lmaopurplevo! Thanks for your request! I hope you enjoy the chapter!

So, according to the stream, MrCheese and MrEgg are officially friends. They've made up for what they've done to each other.

But, maybe they could be a bit more than friends? ~

Note: This chapter is NOT part two of my previous MrCheese x MrEgg one-shot. I will be writing a part two, but this is NOT it!

Without further ado, happy reading!

~

MrCheese's POV~

~

MrEgg and I have decided to call a truce despite our rough past.

"So, friends?" He asks, extending his hand. Peppy as always, I exclaim, "MrCheese wants to be friends as well."

Gentleman was especially happy about this. "Why, isn't this marvelous! Now you both can be my work associates!"

A bit of jealousy still stirred in my chest, but I ignore it. "Of course, Gentleman!"

MrEgg bit his lip at the idea but doesn't say anything.

"Finally," Veteran exclaims, rolling his eyes playfully, "We don't have to deal with two people fighting over Gentleman."

MrEgg and I blush at Veteran's statement.

~

It's been the same thing round after round. Either I'm a crewmate and win, or I'm one of the two imposters that win.

Time to spice things up.

This round I was chosen to play as an imposter with Player. I knew he'd be voted out first, so I decided to keep my distance.

A smirk forms on my face as I spot MrEgg, grunting in annoyance at his ID card.

"By golly," he exclaims, "Why is this thing so damn hard to swipe?!"

I silently chuckle. MrEgg and Gentleman didn't usually use curse words, and damn was considered one of them-- according to Gentleman.

The vent creaks a bit as I hop out. He doesn't notice my presence yet.

"MrEgg~"

He yelps, throwing his card haphazardly to the ground. "MrCheese? Is that you? Thank goodness, I thought it was the imposter..."

Little does he know...

"Heh, yeah, that would've been rather unfortunate."

My foot slips a bit, and I almost fall on my face.

But, before that could even happen, MrEgg rushed to my aid and helped me regain my balance.

I blush a bit at the contact, wondering what I could've slipped on. They don't allow food or drink outside of the cafeteria, so what could it be...?

He nods mindlessly and searches for his ID card. "Hmm, I wonder where it went..."

The sound of something clattering rattled through the vents.

"W-What was that...?" He stutters, his eyes trailing down to the vent before us. My mind said, Player, but then I realized that even Player wasn't stupid enough to vent in front of MrEgg.

I walk a bit closer to the vent, examining the creaking noise. My eyes widen when I spot MrEgg's ID card. So that's what I slipped on!

"MrCheese, I wouldn't get too close to the vent if I were you..."