Player x Captain: Drunk? Oops.

~

A/n: The only reason I'm updating is bc I luv u guys sm... So, enjoy! ^^

Just a reminder that you are amazing in every way... Your flaws are really what make you unique and special <3 (might start writing these every chapter)

Also my notifs on the last chapter-- damn guys-- happy to know you're all excited, haha ^^

~

Warning: Slight mentions of suicide, and strong-ish mentions of self-harm. If this makes you uncomfortable, please don't read.

Also, cursing. Don't like, please click off now.

~

Stoner

~

Captain and I are two peas in a pod. We're best friends, bromigos... Even what Captain calls 'besties'. Yeah, I know. Player is that supposed 'bestie'. But, nuh-uh... Unless you haven't read the title yet, this is a Player x Captain story. Not some platonic friendship novel.

"Hey, bestie," Captain whispers to me. Captain didn't openly call me his bestie. Why you may ask?

That name was reserved for Player until... well until Captain got a positive response back. Player was undeniably Captain's hugest crush ever, and Captain wasn't doing much to hide it. In fact, the whole crew knew, excluding Player of course.

Even Veteran was trying to hint at his best friend. But no matter how hard anyone tried, Player remained as blind and as oblivious as before. 

So, the crew came up with a plan. They'd set up a blind date with the two of them, and hopefully, everything would be smooth and steady.

Biggest. Fucking. Mistake. Ever.

Captain ended up being covered in tons and tons of ketchup.

Gnome visibly cringes at the sight. She opens her mouth to ask what happened, but the hurt look on Captain's face stopped her abruptly.

"He... He hates me!" Captain wails, running into navigation. I start to run after him, but Mother grabs my wrist and shakes her head. "Stoner... I know you're his best friend, but... I think he needs a bit of alone time."

"I'm going to bash that bastard's head in," I growl, "He's such an asshole! And all Captain has done was trying to be his friend! Is that too much for him to ask?!"

Mother sighs and pats my shoulder. "At this point, all of us are angry with Player... I think Player needs to come to his senses on his own, Stoner."

"Y-You... You don't understand!" I exclaimed, tears starting to form in my eyes, "Captain's attempted suicide because of him, for imposter's sake!"

Mother and the rest went silent, their eyes wide with fear and sadness. "Oh, that poor soul...," Gnome whispers, barely audible.

"I need to talk to him, Mother," I say, almost pleading, "I can't allow him to hurt himself again because of him... So, please..."

Mother gently lets go of my wrist and nods. "You're a good friend, Stoner. He needs you."

~

Player

~

That stupid, good for nothing, little idiot.

Why does he have to be so possessive? Can't he understand that Veteran is my best friend? Can't he see that... That...