Player x Captain: The Captain of my heart

~

A/n: It's official. My AUL OTP is Player x Captain. Veteran x Player is cute, but Player x Captain for life! I'm curious, what team are you on?

Comment here if Player x Captain.

Comment here if Player x Veteran.

All votes are to be respected. Don't put others down, this poll is based on opinion.

Anyway, read on!

~

Player's POV~

~

There are a lot of words that can be used to describe me.

A loser, an outcast, and maybe a good friend. There are thousands of words that can be used to describe me.

A simp is not one of them.

It's not simping if I find Captain attractive. A five-minute stalking period does not mean I'm a simp for the white marshmallow.

According to the rest of the crew, I'm incorrect.

~

"Player, it's obvious you like Captain! Just admit it," Veteran says, rolling his eyes. 

"I don't!" I exclaim.

Just because Captain's super handsome and I stalk him every now and then, doesn't mean I like him.

...Does it?

"Then why were you staring at him in navigation earlier when he was steering the Skeld to Polus?"

"I- I wasn't!" I lie. Stoner enters the room and says, "Yeah you did, bruh. No one's stupid."

My cheeks flare a dark shade of red.

"Hey, crew!" Captain exclaims, entering the lobby. He repositions his trademark hat and does a cute salute gesture.

Veteran smirks and nudges my side, mouthing, go talk to him.

I remain silent, quietly hoping that Captain would ignore my presence and head towards his dorm.

"Hey, Player!" He says in his normal cheery voice. 

"H-Hi, Captain!" I stutter, "G-Gotta go!"

I zip out of the lobby and close the door to my room, panting heavily.

Is this how it feels to be hopelessly in love with someone that'd never feel the same?

~

Captain's POV~

~

Player is acting weird.

A few months ago, all he did was ignore me. He didn't seem very interested in me in general-- but, recently, Player's been acting very strange towards me.

Have I done something wrong?

I wanted to ask him about it, but I was too shy to ask. You see, I may call Player my bestie, but...

I like him way more than a best friend.

But, nuh-uh. I know Player's straight and would think I'm disgusting if I told him. So, I kept it to myself.

After Player zipped away, leaving me speechless, I walked back into navigation to steer the ship. We were a few days away from Polus, five to be exact.

I may not be the smartest crewmate on board, but I'm proud to say that I'm the only crewmate that is able to steer this ship.

I make sure the ship is stable, and the coordinates are exact. One millimeter off, and we'd go off-course. 

Then, out of the blue, I had a weird feeling. The feeling of being watched.

I turn around. No one was nearby.

"H-Hello...?"

It was starting to become a bit late. Most of the crew is probably in bed by now-- so who or what could it be?

The sound of metal creaking caught my attention. I whimpered a bit, tears forming in my eyes as I thought of the worst.

I was a very fearful person, to say the least. Playing among us with the crew has been making me more paranoid, every day that went by.

Nothing but the sound of the engine replied. It whirred quietly.

It's just your imagination, Captain. Nothing more, you're just paranoid...

The floor creaks again, and I yelp.

"W-Who is it? P-Please, don't hurt me..."

Footsteps approached. "...It's only me, Captain."

Player's small figure stood before me. I was surprised that he was up at this hour.

He was sweating feverishly, his hands trembling ever so slightly. He seemed so worried at the sight of me.

"Player, what's wrong?" I whisper, "You've been acting weird for the past few weeks..."

He paused for a moment. 

"N-No reason, Captain. I've just had a lot on my mind."

The room went silent for a moment.

I sigh and turn on autopilot. "Player, are you upset at me...?"

This caught his attention. "What? Of course not, Captain!"

"It's just... Every time I try to talk to you, you always seem to avoid me."

He stays silent for a moment, seemingly deep in thought.

"Well..." I pause. Should I tell him? But what if he isn't gay like me? What if he hates me forever?

"I have something to tell you," We both say in sync. I blush a bit and say, "Y-You first."

"I just... Can't stop thinking about you, Captain...," he says, fidgeting a bit, "A-And I know I s-sound crazy, but I think I like you..."

I was speechless. Player liked me? That's impossible, he doesn't even want to be my friend!

I couldn't believe it. Player didn't want to be my bestie because he liked me more than a friend!

Player looks me straight in the eye for a moment, his light-brown eyes twinkling a bit. My cheeks heat up a bit.

He takes a few steps closer, not taking his eyes away from mine. Then, after a few moments, he gently caressed my cheeks and kisses me sweetly.

It was hard for me to believe this was actually happening, with Player! But, nevertheless, I kissed back gently, my lips moving in sync with his.

The kiss was gentle yet sweet, and I wished the moment could last forever, but, alas, we had to part for air.

"I love you, Captain," Player whispers softly. I gently wrap my arms around his back and whisper, "I love you too, Player..."

We spent the rest of the night asleep side-by-side in navigation, holding the other.

~

A shorter one-shot, but sweet!