MrCheese x MrEgg: Sugar

~

A/n: Part 2 of MrCheese x MrEgg: Candy

Enjoy! <3

~

MrCheese

~

It's been a few weeks since MrEgg and I got together. Everything was great— he'd constantly make sure I was safe and well. Maybe a bit over protective, but that's what I loved about him.

"MrCheese!" He exclaims, wrapping his arms around my waist securely, "I was so worried! You didn't tell me you were going to be in communications..."

"I'll be fine, MrSkittles," I say with a smirk. I teased MrEgg all the time for how he changed colors so often— MrSkittles by far was my favorite tease.

"Don't call me that!" He exclaims, crossing his arms and pouting adorably. I roll my eyes and say, "Aww, come on, don't be that way, MrSkittles~"

"Stop it," he whines, "I don't change colors that often..."

"You literally changed from orange to pink to yellow to red and back to pink in a timespan of one month!"

His cheeks flare a bright red as he realizes I was right. He frowns and walks away.

"MrEgg, I didn't mean it, don't be upset!" I exclaim, chasing after him. He doesn't say anything and continues to walk. I grab his torso and pull him into a comforting hug. "I'm sorry, please forgive me."

He chuckle and picks me up effortlessly. "It's adorable how fun-sized you are, MrCheese..."

"W-What?! I'm not that short!" I hiss. He rolls his eyes playfully. "Sure, sure. The other day, I had to lift you up so you could take a book off of your shelf!"

"S-Shut up!"

He carries me bridal-style into the cafeteria and gently places me down on one of the seats. "I'll go get you some coffee, you look like you're about to pass out." With that, he exits the cafeteria, leaving me alone in silence.

"Hey, MrCheese," Veteran greets with a wave. I sigh and grumble, "What do you want now..."

"Chill, dude. I'm just here to tell you that Gentleman isn't doing so hot. You see, uhh... He may have gotten into an accident while he was checking the Polus monitors..."

"Good," I hiss, "I hope he suffers for what he did to me. I don't really care about what happens to him. Now, scram."

"Sheesh, okay." Veteran walks away, mumbling little nothings to himself. I roll my eyes and sigh, putting my head down. I only had three hours of sleep last night, so I felt miserable. I felt like I'd pass out any second.

"MrCheese? Are you alright, my love?"

I jolt awake at the sound of MrEgg's voice. "H-Huh...? Yeah, I'm alright," I mumble tiredly, leaning my head onto his shoulder. He sighs softly and pats my head gently. "I think you should get some rest..."

"No, I wanna stay with you... I don't wanna sleep..."

"MrCheese, c'mon, sleep is good for you!"

"No," I grumble, taking a sip of my coffee. He frowns and mumbles, "If you say so..."

My eyes felt heavier and heavier by the second. I tried my hardest to stay awake, but my body betrays me. In a matter of minutes, I was fast asleep on MrEgg's lap.

~

"Wish I could go back to where we started..."

I woke up to the sound of MrEgg humming softly, rubbing my head gently. He was falling asleep himself— his eyes were almost completely closed.

Then, I realized my head was on his lap.

I yelp and jolt awake instantly, accidentally startling my overprotective boyfriend. "MrCheese?! What's wrong, are you hurt?!"

I was a blushing mess. My cheeks were a dark shade of crimson.

"N-No, sorry, uhh... I had a weird dream."

"Oh, no worries my love." He yawns and stretches for a moment before checking his phone for the time. "Oh my, it's already a quarter past five... Well, I guess I'll throw out these coffees considering the fact they've been sitting out for hours." I felt much more energized after that nap.

"Wow, I was wondering when you guys would wake up," Gnome says with an eye roll, "Now I can finally tell Captain to start a round."

Crewmate.

The crew spawns into the cafeteria , splitting up to complete their tasks. I grab MrEgg's hand instinctively and drag him with me. Ever since we started dating, I was so clingy. Every time we had to part for even a few minutes, I missed him greatly.

"My first task is in storage," I say. MrEgg nods and follows me. "MrCheese, I have a task in communications, I'll be quick." Before I could tell him to wait for me, he was already gone. I sigh sadly and continue filling the oil canisters.

That's when I spot a small crate that was half-open. I decided to take a quick look to review the contents, and, turns out, it was a crate full of candy!

My mouth watered at the sight of vibrant-colored wrappers. There were so many different candies in the box, ranging from different types of chocolate and fruit candies. I pluck a few pieces of each, eating the delectable treats in a matter of moments. Immediately, I felt my body spike in blood sugar. I was suddenly hopping off the walls like a small child.

"Weeeeee!" I shout as I slid down a slide I made out of the crates. I ran around a few times before diving down the slide again, having the time of my life.

"MrCheese, I'm ba-!"

I turn around and laugh uncontrollably. MrEgg looks at me weird until he notices the wrappers that were tossed haphazardly over the floor.

"Oh my god," he says with a face palm, "MrCheese, really?!"

"What?" I ask with a pout. He groans and drags me out of storage against my will. "You know that you're not allowed to eat candy because it makes you act higher than Stoner when he's smoking weed!"

"But I like candy," I say with a frown. "MrCheese," he says softly, "You didn't even notice that the game ended!"

"I want more candy!" I whine. He shakes his head in disapproval and places me onto my bed. "You need some rest, you look extremely tired."

"No, don't go," I beg, "Stay with me please."

He sighs and sits next to me. "I'm not going anywhere, MrCheese. Now, get some rest."

I wrap my arms around his torso and start to drift off. "I love you, MrEgg...," I mumble, before fully falling into sleep.

"I love you too, my love."

~

A/n: This one was a bit lazy, I'm sure you could tell... I just didn't want to break my streak-! And, besides, Cheesegg is really fun to write too!

Anyway, that's all for tonight. See you guys later, bye bye! <3

~Flare