Rookie x Player: Friends?

~

Crack, crack, CRACK. I swear, I don't even ship this shit, I was honestly just bored. It's like 11pm rn, what did you all expect... My brain ain't functioning. Shit like this oughta be written.

Note: I will portray Rookie mostly using head canon. Why? 1, my brain isn't working, 2, he hasn't had much character development.

Edit: Pretty platonic, so yeah.

~
Third-person.
~

Player was moments away from victory. The thing he dreamed of getting. The sweet, sweet taste of victory.

Well... That was until he was brutally shoved into the boiling pit of lava on Polus.

The red-suited crewmember managed to get ahold of the rocky and uneven cliff, his fingers slowly slipping as he started to lose his grip. Veteran watched him struggle with a cold expression. Captain only cackled as he showed no remorse for Player.

Player knew it was the end of the line for him. At any moment, one of his fellow friends would step on his fingers, causing him to lose his grip.

...Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

~

"Player, something odd is going on with the reactor... Come, have a look."

Player follows his yellow-suited best friend into reactor. "What seems to be the issue, Veteran? Everything seems to be functioning fine."

The yellow-suited crewmate grits his teeth. "The new guy was the last one to start it. Ever since, it's been on the fritz."

Rookie waves shyly, a small blush of embarrassment dusting his cheekbones. Player waves back with a warm smile.

Veteran sends an accusing look toward Rookie. "You're gonna fix this, noob. And it better be done by the end of the day."

Player opens his mouth to speak, but Veteran had already left the two of them alone. Rookie sighs sadly and fiddled with the buttons, obviously confused.

"Do you need some help?" Player asks suddenly, approaching the taller. Rookie nods and shifts over a bit.

The two of them ended up talking for hours after the technical issues were fixed. Even though Player would never admit it out loud, he really liked hanging out with Rookie.

Honestly, Rookie reminded Player of himself.

"Thanks for helping me, Player," Rookie says, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, "You're the only person on this ship that doesn't completely hate me."

"Oh, no problem, Rookie!"

"Oh hey, bestie!" Captain exclaims, "I heard I'd find you in here! And, oh, hey, outsider."

Rookie sighs. The name-calling that the other crewmembers continuously did was starting to hurt. He knew he was a replacement of Stoner (Stoner had been fired because he was found doing drugs onboard). The crewmembers were pretty close to Stoner, respectively. They didn't take the news of a replacement well.

Rookie was often called the 'outsider' or the 'noob'. At first, he didn't really mind the name-calling, but then it started to get worse. His team often acted unfairly towards him. Whenever something went wrong, the blame was usually thrown onto Rookie.

"Hiya, Captain. Rookie and I just finished fixing the reactor," Player says, noting Rookie's hurt expression.

"Well done, bestie! I knew you could do it! Anyway, you two are free to go. I'm going to do some quick check ups before I go to bed."