Player x Captain: Secret admirer ~

~

A/n: This one-shot is for A_Sad_Red_Crewmate. I heard they're going through some rough times, so I hope this cheers you up a bit! We all care about you! ^^

(Also, A_Sad_Red_Crewmate, I didn't know what one-shot you wanted, but from your profile it looked like you shipped Playcap)

A quick thanks to PotatoTheWarrior for coming up with this plotline idea!

Alright, this is a bit different from my usual writing, let's hope I can pull this off...

~

Third-person.

~

Player knew that there was someone on the skeld that had an underlying crush on him. How would he know this, you may ask? Well, every morning when he got up, a new love letter would be sitting on his night table waiting to be opened. He never knew who they were, but the letters always made him smile. He fell in love with his secret admirer, not even knowing who they were.

Girl or guy, he was in love hopelessly with them.

As he walked through the long, mysterious halls, he couldn't help but wonder who it was. He suspected it was Veteran, his best friend, but... Veteran didn't seem to have any romantic feelings toward him.

"Hey, bestie!" Captain exclaims, knocking Player out of his thoughts. Player groans in annoyance and grumbles, "What, Captain."

"I was wondering if you'd like to go on a picnic with me later? A best friend picnic?" Secretly, Captain actually set this picnic up so he could reveal his feelings for Player. Yes, he was the secret admirer. He loved Player with all of his heart.

"I'm sorry, Captain, I can't today," Player lies, brushing past Captain coldly. Captain kept his cool and mumbled, "Oh... Maybe some other time..."

Tears filled the white-suited crewmember's eyes as he watched his crush walk away. Maybe I shouldn't tell him... I mean, it's obvious he'll never love me the same way anyway... Captain trudged into navigation and focused on steering the ship, in hopes of forgetting about Player. But, no matter how hard he tried, he just... couldn't. He loved the red-suited bean dearly, and his heart wouldn't let go of him.

He sat down in his chair, taking out a pen and a sheet of standard-lined paper. He sighed and started to write another letter to his love.

After about half an hour, he managed to perfect the letter. He folded it delicately and placed it into a white envelope, and placed it into his drawer. Even if Player didn't love him, he'd continue to love Player forever. He knew it was stupid to be hopelessly in love with someone that straight-up hated him, but he couldn't help it.

Back to Player, he didn't hate Captain, per se. He found Captain extremely annoying and clingy, but he couldn't hate the human-sized marshmallow. Even if he would never admit it, he actually enjoyed Captain's company at times. He was just worried about losing his best friend, Veteran, if he became close to Captain.

"Hey, homeslice!" Veteran greets. Player waves and starts his wiring task. Should I ask him about the letters? Player thought, eyeing his best friend. Veteran didn't seem to pay much attention to Player-- in fact, all of his attention was on his ID card, that he was failing miserably at swiping.

"Ugh, just work already!" The crowned crewmember grumbled, a growl rumbling up his throat. Player chuckled internally at his best friend's childish behavior.