Player x Veteran: Switch

~

This chapter was requested by my friend GalaxRavenSkies

Plateran fans, I hope you enjoy! <3

(Raven, this will be based off of your pfp, I hope it works for you aaa-)

~

Player.

~

The most relaxing time of day is when the sun starts to set, and there are some stars in the sky. A time where I can close my eyes and reflect on my day. A time where I can forget about my worries.

But, ever since I started working as a crewmember on the Skeld, I couldn't enjoy this time of day anymore. Every day was darker than midnight. I missed my life on Earth that I took advantage of when I was younger.

But, despite all the negatives, there was one positive. The light that lit up every room, no matter how dark it was. No matter how upset I was, I couldn't help but smile when he was around.

It was Veteran. Every since we were young children, we were always close. We told each other every secret, and even snuck out together some nights. My whole life, Veteran was there by my side.

So, whenever things go wrong, I think about the older times. The times where things were a lot easier, and we had a lot less responsibilities.

But, it was all okay. As long as I had Veteran by my side, everything would be alright.

~

It was late afternoon, and Veteran still hadn't finished his tasks. I follow him and grumble in annoyance. I've been done for hours, and he wasn't even halfway done. Veteran was the king of procrastination.

"Veteran!" I exclaim, "It's been over six hours! Why won't you just let me help?!"

He shrugs and says, "Dude, chill, I've got this. I'm almost done."

"Almost done?!" I exclaim, "You still have over eight tasks!"

"Just relax, Player. Everything will be fine."

I snatch his tablet and run to electrical. "Player, what the hell?! Get back here!"

I was much shorter than Veteran was, but I was also a much faster runner. I dive into electrical and use the emergency button to lock the door shut before rolling my eyes and doing Veteran's tasks. Veteran banged on the metal door, shouting, "Player, give me my tablet back! What are you even doing?!"

Finishing calibration and wires in a matter of minutes, I slam the button again and walk out smugly. "You're slower than Stoner when he's high on weed, don't even."

"Hey!" He exclaims, "I'm not that slow! I just like to take life at its own pace!"

"Yeah, sure, whatever," I say with a playful eye roll. He mimics my action.

I blush a bit and look away. Sometimes, Veteran was just adorable.

"Well, doesn't matter, you're a snail when you run!" I shout, sprinting into security to fix the wires. Veteran manages to catch up right when I finish, and I run into MedBay.

~

I finally finish all of his tasks, panting. He snatches his tablet back and frowns. "Aww, c'mon dude, am I really that slow?"

"Pff, yeah," I say with an eye roll. He pouts and says, "Aww, you're no fun... I just wanted to spend time with you."

My face heats up a bit. "O-Oh, uh... Well, now that you've- I've finished," I correct, "We can do something fun. What did you have in mind?"