MrCheese x MrEgg: No regrets

~

A/n: Important note-- this chapter is a continuation of the last chapter.

Once again, this is for LuigiFan620 (Dobt). Anyway, enjoy!

Warning! Suicidal behavior and mentions ahead. Reader discretion is advised!

~

Third-person.

~

MrEgg's widened as he saw MrCheese directing the tip of his blade to his wrist, ready to create a fresh cut. He reacted rather quickly and kicked the blade out of MrCheese's grasp.

"W-What are you doing...," MrCheese whispered, "Aren't you with Gentleman?"

MrEgg's eyes narrowed. "I'd never stay with that idiot after what he said to you."

MrEgg's statement caught MrCheese by surprise. "Why do you even care, MrEgg? Aren't you happy that I'm finally out of your way?!" MrCheese broke down once again, sobbing into his hands. Tears leaked through the cracks of his fingers and pooled to the ground.

"MrCheese, we may dislike each other, but I can't just watch someone get bullied like that! I may enjoy being Gentleman's companion, but the way he treated you earlier was just wrong."

"...T-Thank you, MrEgg... I... Thanks for not leaving me a-alone..." The taller nods and takes a seat next to the smaller, wrapping a comforting arm around his waist. MrCheese didn't object to this and even hugged him back after a few moments, enjoying the warmth of the hug.

The two of them stayed like this for a while, quietly embracing the other. They got a few stares from the other crewmembers but ignored them.

"MrCheese, I'd hate to break this hug, but I actually have a task in navigation. Do you wanna come with me?"

The smaller nods, grabbing MrEgg's hand. They walked hand-in-hand into navigation, where MrEgg started to complete his last task.

The sound of footsteps alerted MrCheese. It was Veteran, and he had his gun behind him.

"MrCheese!" He whisper-shouts, "Where have you been this whole time? It's pretty hard to kill everyone even when you're a pro like me." MrCheese rolls his eyes at Veteran's gloating.

"You're gonna kill MrEgg, right? We need a double kill to win."

MrCheese hadn't thought that far ahead-- he was so trapped in his own emotions, that he'd forgotten his main objective-- to kill all the crewmembers on board.

He nodded hastily, and Veteran exits navigation. Now was his chance, to kill MrEgg before anyone could see.

But... he couldn't. MrEgg had shown him such kindness and care, that he couldn't bring himself to plunge his blade into MrEgg's stomach.

"...You can kill me, MrCheese," MrEgg says suddenly, catching MrCheese off-guard. "W-What? I'm not the-!"

"Imposter? Come on, MrCheese, only the imposter would be equipped with a knife. You had one earlier, remember?" The sudden realization hit MrCheese like a bus. "O-Oh, uh..."

"So, as I said, you can kill me," MrEgg says confidently, walking closer to MrCheese. MrCheese took a few steps toward him until they were only inches away from each other.

MrEgg's warm breath hit MrCheese neck, causing him to shudder a bit. He held out his blade and aimed for MrEgg's chest.

The two of them stared into each other's eyes, deep in thought. MrCheese blushed a bit, closing his eyes for a moment.

Instead of plunging his blade into MrEgg's chest, he pulled him into a soft kiss. He wrapped his arms around MrEgg's neck and MrEgg wrapped his arms around MrCheese's small waist. The two of them kissed for a few moments before pulling away.

"I-I'm so sorry, MrEgg, I don't know what got into me!" MrCheese exclaims, his cheeks a bright shade of pink. MrEgg blushes at MrCheese's flustered reaction before softly whispering, "It's okay, MrCheese."

The smaller drops his knife to the ground haphazardly and kicks it away. "I won't hurt you, MrEgg..."

Veteran saw the situation from the distance and smirked knowingly. "Player owes me ten bucks when we respawn." He walks away at that, killing one more crewmember before gaining yet another victory.

~

Gentleman was furious. He saw the situation go down, and was furious with MrCheese. 

How could MrCheese move on so fast? I thought he loved me! Gentleman thought, balling his fists. He was also furious at MrEgg. How could my own friend betray me like that?!

As the crewmembers respawn back into the lobby, Gentleman was ready to confront the two ex-associates.

"MrCheese," he growls, "A word."

MrEgg was a bit suspicious of Gentleman's intentions, but MrCheese insisted that he'd be fine. That didn't stop MrEgg from secretly watching, though.

"You're with MrEgg?!" He exclaims, his voice filled with hate, "How could you just leave me like that?!"

"Leave you?! You never wanted to be with me in the first place, and now you say I'm leaving you?!"

The two argue non-stop until MrEgg decides to interject.

"Gentleman," he hisses, "Stop right there. MrCheese never decided to leave you-- he actually loved you so much more than you'd ever understand. You're the one that kept leaving him." Gentleman was caught a bit off-guard at MrEgg's suddenly serious and defensive tone. 

MrCheese, on the other hand, found it rather hot.

Gentleman had nothing left to say, so he ended up walking away. MrEgg's mouth curved into a smirk, knowing deep down that he won.

"Thanks, MrEgg," MrCheese says with a small blush tinted on his cheeks. MrEgg nods and pulls the small bean into yet another hug, rubbing his back in comforting circles.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the ship, Veteran was chasing Player down for the ten bucks he rightfully earned. "Player, you owe me and you know it!"

"You'll never catch me alive!" Player exclaims, dashing through the long hallways of the skeld. He eventually lost his breath and paused to catch his breath. Veteran tackles him from behind and puts his hand out. "Gotcha."

"Ugh, fine, here," Player grumbles, reaching into his pocket and handing his crowned friend a ten-dollar bill. Veteran hops off of Player and victoriously cheers while waving his ten-dollar bill teasingly in front of Player's face. Player grumbles and rolls his eyes playfully, internally smiling at his best friend's childish behavior.

"Technically I got two victories," Veteran exclaims, "My ship has sailed and I get paid for it. Looks like you lost yet again, homeslice."

Player sighs and says, "I didn't mind losing this time, though. I've never seen MrCheese so happy!" The two best friends watch the ex-associates embrace each other, their smiles radiating soft and cheerful energy to everyone around them.

"I love you, MrEgg," MrCheese whispers, placing his head on MrEgg's chest. MrEgg smiles and whispers, "I love you too, MrCheese."

~

A/n: <3