Chapter 6: Really Don't Like Him

~Jesse~

After my shower Parker and I relaxed for a bit. Zander seems to have calmed down and is more rational now. I sent everyone to their rooms to get settled and I then sat on the sofa and put the telly on. Just for background noise. I'm so tired I end up falling asleep again. I know because my brother thinks it's hilarious to always wake me in some stupid manner. This time though, I'm sure he regrets it.

"JESSE" he shouts right in my ear and gets a punch in the face. He lands on his arse and his nose is bleeding.

"Fuck!! I think you broke it!"

"For FUCK SAKE Parker! That's your own fault. I've told you several times that you'll get hurt if you keep doing it. And look! I've broken your bloody nose..... strange question. Where is the second part of the mate hunt being held this year I can't remember.?" I say with a yawn. I look at the time grateful he actually woke me. I have an hour till dinner.

"Seriously!! You just broke my nose and that's all you have to say?" He sounds all nasalie, it's quite funny, I just shake my head at him.

"Like I said it was your own fault. Now answer the question" I say while going into the bathroom to relieve myself and splash water on my face, hopefully it will help me wake up.

"You're lucky I heal super fast!"

"Fuck me P! would you just quit complaining!"

"Fine. Second half is with Rush's covern. And third is gonna be with Dravon's horde. But you know this! You were told by the council last week."
He's sticking tissue up his nose as he says this.

"So if the other Kings are hosting, why didn't I host this one?" I say while laughing at him.

Sounding frustrated he says
"We've had this conversation Jes! To see what Daniel is hiding! Plus you have to go to all the hunts regardless of finding a mate or not, it's one of your many duties"

"Right yeah, how could I forget!" I roll my eyes

We both get ready in my room, he hasn't told me where his room is yet but he will spend most of his time in mine anyway. Probably crash on the sofa so no point in him having a room really. I'll get Daniel to put a sofa bed in here or something easily pullout-able, I take another quick shower then get dressed in my favourite clothes, ripped black jeans and a long-sleeved emerald green top with a few buttons at the collar, that hides all my tattoos, well you can see some peeking out of the sleeve and my neck but otherwise covered. I finish it with black trainers that have white sole's and some bracelets and my royal ring. I don't really do much with my hair and don't bother shaving. I like the shadow.

Parker is wearing a blue long-sleeved top with a black/blue blazer over the top. His jeans are blue too and he's wearing grey shoes. He put something in his hair to keep it in place. And has left the short beard he has going. And has one black bracelet.

"You ready bro?"

"Yeah let's get this over with" I sigh

We walk out the door and head down to the mess hall. As we pass the girl's door, I try to listen in but it's still no use, I hear nothing. But that mouth-watering smell is still there but now somehow dulled or altered maybe. Which is confusing and Zander doesn't like that he can't smell it properly and starts getting annoyed, I was hoping earlier was just a one time thing. Guess I was wrong, I hope I can keep him in check though, I've never had so much trouble containing him!.

When we get to the mess hall, dinner looks and smells delicious. I sit down at the table designated to me and my pack and once I've decided what I want, someone goes to get it for me. It's a roast but with all different meat, I choose lamb, which is my favourite and beef. It's brought back to me and I dig in. It's as good as i was hoping.