Chapter 17: I Want To Know Everything

~Jesse~

When I get back to the compound, my mate is still unconscious in my arms, I head straight to my room and call for my royal physician to check her over. I want to know what's wrong, if he can tell me how long it's been going on for and he can treat and heal everything as much as possible. 

I place her on the bed and as I move away she starts groaning but is still sleeping. I quickly go to my suitcase and grab a black wife beater top and some comfy charcoal sweatpants to put on and grab a long-sleeved black top to put on her. I'll have to send someone for some under things until I can locate her clothes.

I climb into the bed with her and the noises from her stop and she snuggles into me, though I catch a few winces but I don't know where she's hurting. During her heat sex helps but just being in contact with me will help too. It's a shame because under normal circumstances I'd be fucking her the whole time in hopes of conceiving, but that will all have to wait. 

There's a knock at the door and I mind link to see who it is. It's the Doctor and Parker so I tell them to come in. The Doctor bows at the bottom of the bed in respect and asks what he can do. He says he will need to strip her which causes me to growl at him. He's mated luckily, but as she's in heat I don't like the idea of him touching her, but it must be done. Parker stands there as guard while I remove the dirty thing she's wearing and growl. I can smell the blood but can't see anything.

"Doc?" I plead

"It's a spell to hide everything. I already have Jasmine on the way with all the things she will need to remove it so I can check her over. (There's a knock at the door) that will be her." He says. Parker goes and let's her in, while I try to rub as much of my scent on her as possible. 

"Jesse, let him do his job while we discuss some things. OK?" Parker gently says

"I'm not leaving her" I growl out

"I didn't say that, we can sit over here while Doc checks her over" He beckoned me over to the table and chairs and I nod then Pinning the Doc and Jasmine with my eyes I say

"Do everything you can. I want a detailed report, I want to know what spells are on her as well. I want to know Everything."

"Yes your highness" They say and I go over and slump into the chair with a sigh, my head in my hands. 

"Jes?"

"Just….. just give me a minute." I pinch the bridge of my nose. This is fucked up. I've been searching all this time and she's been in this hell hole. What if I'd have come here all those years ago when he first turned down the hunt to find out why! I could have saved her years ago. 

"I'm just gonna have a quick shower OK. Watch her. Don't leave this room. I'm sticky and need to wash it off and hoping it will calm me down." I say sounding and feeling defeated.

"Alright. I gave you my word already. I'll protect her with my life. Go."

I look at Doc and Jaz, who are mixing some stuff up. I'm guessing to remove that spell. My mate is moaning every now and then but still out. I grab another set of what I'm wearing but in Gray then head into the bathroom to shower. I stand under the hot spray for a few minutes and hate that I couldn't do anything until now. I'm definitely changing some things once she's feeling better. No one will have to suffer, waiting for proof or the proper people to arrive first. They will be the top priority, not any information or having the appointed people being present. 

Once I'm out dried and dressed I go back into the room and looking at my mate I stumble. My fucking goddess, shes covered in dried blood, bruising, scars, and fresh wounds. It makes me sick seeing the state she's in and the anger starts to grow and grow. I hear a deep rumble and realise it's coming from me.