Chapter 23: Well?

~Jesse~

What have I done! I fought so hard to restrain Zander, but in the end her heat combined with the wave of power she released when I touched her flipped a switch and he locked me in my mind where I couldn't see or hear anything. 

It was when her scent was no longer, strongly permitting the air, that Zander came back to himself and I was able to burst through to take back control. But not before he realised what he had done and all these images flashed through my mind of everything that happened. Her scream, the look of fear on her face, her begging me to stop. I ripped into him and he's been whining and whimpering in the corner of my mind since.

When we hear her echoing scream from outside, his head shoots up as I run for the door. I see Parker go into the bathroom but I hear her scream again and rush to find her.

Fuck this is all my fault. Zander tells me he spoke to her wolf apologising and told her we were coming. Then I managed to link her and the terror in her voice drove me faster in the direction of the lake. I knew where it was when I studied the layout of the territory. 

When she screams my name in her head after telling me she can't fight them off much longer I really start to panic. Whoever these 'them' are! They're going to regret touching her. I break through the trees just in time to see her being pushed under the water and Alpha Lee about to force himself on her and I snap. I ram into him just before he could make contact, making him shift to his wolf. I don't give him the chance to find his feet though as I tear into him. It doesn't take long until he's a lifeless heap in the water. 

Colton and Liam have Alpha Jeremy and Alpha Oscar subdued and unconscious. Though when I find out what their part in this was…. I don't think I will be able to refrain from killing them if they too tried anything. I see Parker put the necklace around her neck (that must be what he went to the bathroom for) and calls me. I quickly shift back and splash over to her, shoveing him aside

"Move Parker!....little mate, can you hear me" I put my hands on her face to turn her towards me and feel sparks rush through my hands and up my arms. She makes a whining sound as she struggles to keep her eyes open. I can see the marks and swelling where she was hit in the face and it makes my blood boil.

"I got you baby, I'm so sorry!" I whimper as I pick her up in my arms, Zander starts whining and howling in my head in guilt. This is our fault. Daniel was right in the end I couldn't handle the power she emits

"Please forgive me!" I plead just before her eyes roll into the back of her head.

I rush her back to the pack house and get Parker to grab the Doc. They come through the door soon after I lay her on the bed and I pace the room while he looks her over. When he stands, I step up to him and enquire 

"Well Doc?"

"Well she has more swelling and bruising on her face, I'd say she was hit more than once and wasn't completely healed from before. Her wrist is dislocated so I'm going to get a sedative and morphine as I need to do a procedure called a reduction. In this procedure, I will need to maneuver the bones back into their proper positions. This can be quite painful hence the sedative and pain relief. She has some minor cuts and scrapes from trees and the forest floor and possible bruising from her altercation with you. She also has a minor bump to the head so could be concussed. She will have to tell us the rest as I can't determine whether or not anything else happened. I'll be right back to do the reduction"

He goes to gather the equipment he needs and I sit on the end of the bed with my head in my hands, some of these injuries are because of me. I was supposed to protect her and instead I attacked her. Zander is feeling ashamed of himself right now and I am too as I wasn't strong enough to contain him.