Chapter 21: Not Like This

~IT~

I can't believe he did that in front of everybody. What was he thinking? And he's told them I'm his mate when he still doesn't know for sure yet. It's getting harder to keep up the facade when he constantly drives me crazy. I'm still in heat but since I put this necklace on I just feel uncomfortable, he's the one still driving me insane with need and I must admit all the goading and teasing just amps the need up. 

After leaving the hall I think enough is enough, I need to know if he is or isn't so I start walking down towards where I think the cells would be as I want this shit taken off now. I look over my shoulder at Parker with furrowed brows as he hasn't left my side since I left the hall. 

He looks behind him then back at me
"What?.......Is there something on my face?" I roll my eyes and signal to him for his phone. Which he hands over cautiously, with a smile on my face I find Jesse's number and text him

Where is Alpha Daniel being kept? I've forgotten.

Nice try little mate. Arrrggghhh! I turn to Parker handing him the phone with the new text I've written

Why are you following me?

"Why? To protect you from any threat."

Does that include your brother?

"No one should need protection from their mate but sure. Why?"

Just checking. Where are the cells?

"Why? You don't need to know where they are."

You say why an awful lot don't you! And I stand there just looking at him.

"It's not a good idea…., you gonna tell me your name?"

No, you'll tell your brother. You gonna answer the question?

"No"

I shrug fine I'll just keep looking. I carry on walking and watch for little signals that Parker doesn't want me going a certain way, like an eye widening, him going to say something then not and go that way. I'm about to walk through a door when arms wrap around my waist.

"Where do you think you're going little mate?"

"To find Alpha! Now get off me" I try to push his hands away as the hum on my skin where he's touching me is getting stronger and gathering in my core. Maybe he is my mate but until I know for sure, I'm keeping him at arm's length.

"No you're not." He growls out and tightens his hold.

"How did you even know where I was?"

"Parker told me"

I glare at him, the traitor! He at least has the decency to look contrite.

"I want this bracelet off, now let go. I want to know if you are truly mine."

"For fuck sake, I am. Now come with me and I'll take it off"

"How?" I ask, looking at him sceptically

"Come with me and i'll show you!" He exasperated

I throw my hands up and huff.
"Fine!"

He takes me to his room and asks Parker to leave. I snag Parker's sleeve keeping him in the room.

"Why does he have to leave?"

"Why do you want him to stay?" He growls at me

"Because he's supposed to protect me from you!!"