Chapter 10: What Is Going On?

~Jesse~

When my eyes open it's still dark and I feel groggy. Like I have a hangover. I don't remember drinking so much. Hearing Parker talking I look over to see him on the phone and Liam and Coltan looking over papers! What is going on? When did they get here!? I sit up and groan, fuck my head is pounding.

"Parker! What the fuck is going on? And why do I feel like I was hit by a train? uuggghhh" He looks at me in concern and worry.

"Ok what did I miss?"

"Yeah he's awake…. it's just gone 3….. Yeah I thought he'd be out longer….. (he sighs) I hope he does. I don't know if I could if I was in his position, I can't even forgive myself….. yeah I know it was the right thing dad, doesn't make it anymore bearable or OK, how would you feel? What would you be like in the same position?. And to be honest it wasn't the right thing to do atall, I should have just let him go…. We could have figured out a way….Yeah one of us will call soon. OK… OK bye." He looks at me the whole time he's talking. Why is he talking to our dad anyway?

Who was he talking about?? Who would be out longer? Me?. What did he do that he needs forgiveness and can't forgive himself. So many fucking questions going through my mind and its giving me a bigger headache than I already had. Rubbing my forehead to try release the pressure I get up and stumble but catch myself on the table beside me.

What I see on there brings everything back. Waking to her screams, seeing Daniel whipping her. Parker taking me down, then a sting and feeling dizzy. Then nothing! Im back to being fucking livid. Zander right there with me. Headache forgotten. I snapped my head to Parker. Now his conversation makes sense. Growling I start in his direction. 

He starts backing up with his hands in front of him.

"Jesse I had to. I'm sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me. And I wish I didn't do it. Fuck. I almost went in there myself. Jesse. JESSE! Please. I'm sorry."

I punch him right in the face and he falls to the floor, I climb on top of him and hit him over and over. He doesn't try to stop me but does all he can to make sure I don't cause any serious damage. Then Liam and Coltan drag me off of him.

I shove them off of me, and look at him in disbelief.

"You had no right Parker. No fucking right to keep me from her. That was my decision. And you took it from me. Where did you even get that shit from?"

"I went to the pack clinic and grabbed one, thinking I might need it, after the way you were behaving. She might not be your mate! You said so yourself. And I didn't expect him to-" He cuts off 

"You didn't expect him to??" I narrow my eyes when he doesn't say anything. I see his Adam's apple bob as he gulps, then he looks at the projector. I make it move to check the footage. I see she's asleep right now. So carry on with rewinding the footage.

"Jesse. Please don't watch it. I beg you, nothing good will come from you watching it and it's all the evidencewe need." 

Ignoring him I go back. And what I see is horrendous. I don't want to watch it, but i can't look away. She screams the whole time. Blow after blow and it goes on for so long. When she doesn't scream any more I can see it's because she passed out! But he doesn't stop. He's viciously Flayed her back. It looks like the skin was removed, exposing layers of flesh and revealing the bone beneath… i think im going to be sick. I rush to the bathroom and throw up. How did she survive that! I rinse my mouth and come out steadying myself on the doorframe, I look at Parker and breathing heavy, trying to calm myself down I tell him

"Get out!"

"Jesse please don't-"

"I SAID GET OUT!" I see him flinch at my harsh and abrupt shout and a tear fall.