Chapter 19: Who Am I (from Jesse's pov)

~Jesse~

I'm going over some things with Michael and Alex. They've rounded up all those that aren't still in the hunt from this pack now and have them in cells awaiting their interrogation. So far all the people they've seen, knew and/or participated in her abuse. I'm disgusted to find that Daniel wasn't just goading me when he said every unmated male and some who are now mated raped her. And Though all the children are innocent, they too were taught that it was OK behaviour, to treat someone this way.

Noone can really tell me why they all followed his orders and thought it OK to abuse a member of their pack. And when asked where she came from. Noone could tell us. The extractors even said it had been wiped from there memories. So again another thing he didn't lie about! They've left Daniel for me like requested so I go down to his cell while they carry on with their interrogations.

When I reach his cell I see him chained to the ceiling, feet dangling down, though they brush the floor he can't stand to relieve the pain, he no doubt has pain in his wrists due to the silver cutting into them and his arms as they've been raised above his head all this time. And the dreaded death collar. When I open his cell door he looks up at me and smirks.

"What's so funny Daniel?"

"Oh nothing. Still not mated I see. How is my lovely IT doing? Does she miss me?" He taunts. I can't wait to kill him, it's hard holding myself back when I have to hold Zander back too.

"Just tell me how to remove that bracelet you put on her! And the speech spell. How is that broken? And anything else you put on her to hide me from her or her from me."

"The bracelet didn't quite do its job did it. It was supposed to completely hide her from you. And of course she would be your mate, should have seen that one coming. All that power...... wasted!!...on you, like you need anymore. You won't be able to handle it you know, it's too much for any one person. That's why I never mated her, and covered her power up. I wanted to eliminate Darren, so when he came to me and told me he would be mateing her this hunt, one way or another, I decided I might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone. He'd be dead soon with so much power anyway and I'd be much richer. It drives you crazy you know and all you want is more and more, I can't imagine how crazy it will drive you being the King and the most....Well one of the top 5 most powerful people. But I won't have to wonder long. Once mated im sure it will consume you too. It will kill you or you will turn out just. Like. Me. It's inevitable, you will need to dominate, posses and take all her power away, so you will force and abuse her just like I did. It was never my intention to do this to her, well not until.....anyway, even with her powers hidden some still leaks through and her bracelet? It won't come off unless I personally remove it or.....No, you don't want to know. Take me to her and I'll take it off! But really you might want it to stay on! I decided to infuse the Bracelet with everything. Power and mate blocks. Once I removed....well good luck. As for the speech spell, that won't happen until she's mated I'm afraid." It's as if he has multiple personalities! He'd go from excited to sad, angry, wistful. So many it was hard to keep up.

"You don't know what you're talking about. I'm her mate, of course I'll be able to help her contain whatever power she has. I'd never do anything to hurt her. Ever. And not your intention until.... what? You've just given me a load of information. Why stop there? What don't I want to know? And you won't be setting your eyes upon her ever again so what's the alternative?" I spit out angrily

"Yeah, good luck with that. The alternative is mate her and it will come off. What you don't want to know is that it was designed like that so when Darren mated her it would fall off as there's no need for it. The power would consume him and it won't matter if she then met her true mate as it would be done and there would be no pull. You'd be able to do nothing about it. And I kept her naive about mates, all she really knows is she has one and one of our laws is that noone is allowed to interfere with mate's, well unless you challenge them directly during a hunt, but only a hunt of course. She knows no other details. I've told you all I have because..... well, I want to stay alive for as long as possible. I told you more people will be coming for her, Mated or not. others were already looking, your not the only one iv been hiding her from. So I just have to bide my time. I haven't told you everything..... yet! As for seeing her, I can wait. We will be seeing each other though."