Chapter 29: Who's He?

~Jesse~

I don't get what the smirk was for? Did he seriously think I wasn't going to jump off after them? She's my mate, I'd do anything, I'd die for her! So of course I'm gonna jump of a stupid fuckjng train. Which I do without hesitation. I roll a little as I land and stay in wolf form as I'm quicker that way. They can't be too far; I jumped straight after them. I try smelling her on the wind as I hurtle towards where I think he jumped.

I see a disturbance in the dirt and leaves where they must have landed. And sniff around, I can't smell her but I do catch his scent. Who is this amateur? He may have hidden her scent from me but he didn't cover himself! So It's his stink which I follow to find her.

I break through the trees just ahead and there he is. He has her thrown over his shoulder, her arms and hair dangling down. His other hand is to his ear where he's on the phone.

"I had to jump off the fucking train. I suggest you send a fuckjng witch now to teleport us or I'll be taking her for myself….. no he wouldn't…. I covered her scent anyway…. I'm in two minds about handing her over to be honest, so if she's that important to you, you'll send a witch to my coordinates. If there's not one here in 2 minutes. She's mine." He snaps at the phone then puts it in his pocket.

"Fucking dick. I don't care if he doesn't send anyone. Maybe I can play with you before I hand you over. If I hand you over! He doesn't seem all that bothered right now….. fuck it. His 2 minutes are up, like that pompous Alpha would catch up and find us." He starts talking to himself

I shift back as I need hands and realise I don't have my phone.

"Parker! Ring Rush now I need something so this Dragon won't shift. And I need it now.!"

"Calling now, hold on"

I follow them and he's still talking to himself.

"Was the car this way? Or that way? Fuck sake, Chester has the keys! I'll just have to shift and carry her. Hmm, what to tie her up with though. I'll have to see if there's something in the car. I'm sure it was this way."

"He's sending it now, hold your hands out… (a thin glass bottle appears in my hand filled with orange liquid) he said throw it at the dragon's face and it will smash, then the liquid should absorb into his skin. It will also smoke to make sure he inhales it. If he coughs you did it right and it worked if he doesn't! You're screwed. I'm on my way. I've had the train stopped."

I don't even reply to Parker. My mate is my sole focus and I step out of the trees. I stealthily make my way closer as he carries on stomping through the forest. I have to make sure he gets it right in the face so once I'm within range, I clear my throat and he spins round, pulling her down and using her like a shield. The coward. Luckily I'm naked so he won't suspect a thing, but I need him to move her out of the way first.

"Well, well. What do you know? He was right after all. Too bad I'm leaving now though, so it was all for nothing" He puts her down and uses one foot to keep hold of her and goes to shift. That's when I launched the bottle at his face.

He tries to wipe it off as he coughs and sputters. Then with a death glare he yells angrily

"DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST THROW A NO SHIFTING SPELL AT ME?" He picks Kylie up and launches her at a tree. I hear a crack but don't know if it was the tree or her that made the noise. But Parker will be here soon. I just need to kill this mother fucker!

"Not so cocky now are you! And once I'm done with you! I'll be fucking your bitch." He taunts

Growling I launched myself at him. He meets me head on. He somehow manages to partially shift his hands and starts swiping at me with his long claws, but I manage to keep moving out of the way. I snap at his legs every chance I get but he too manages to avoid my jaws. When I hear a rustling I look over expecting to find Parker but do a double take when I see a man that isn't Parker, making his way over to Kylie.